ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

I wish they'd just release them all, watched the first three and I'm ready for the rest. Starts off with a bang... Intensely disgusting bang but still.
I'm re-watching the 1st seasons now. This would be what happens in world of startups with millenial super heroes lol. Karl Urban is great as Billy Butcher. Also was a good bones in the newer Star Trek movies. I grew up reading super hero comic books. I also wondered what they would be like as narcissistic a-holes lol now I know

As a sidenote Elisabeth Shue's uncle was a golfing buddy of mine when I lived in Atlanta.

Reactions: tw3301
Final season of Peaky Blinders drops on Netflix tomorrow!!!

Wife likes it. She enjoyed the season that comes out tomorrow on Netflix. It came on in the UK back in March.

She tells me she thinks I'd like it.

Wife likes it. She enjoyed the season that comes out tomorrow on Netflix. It came on in the UK back in March.

She tells me she thinks I'd like it.

Yeah, my wife loves it. She's of Irish and English descent, and she loves stuff about her people, especially because, lets face it, Irish stories are often tragic stories, and she loves tragic stories. Plus, she wants to bone the hell out of Cillian Murphy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
man I don't know if they should do that. The movie was good but that Joker is just an insane person that shot a few people, if they try to make him some type of rival to batman in a sequel it just wouldn't make sense. He wasn't particularly clever.
Well, it just got worse.

Reactions: tw3301
Suspend disbelief.

Here is the thing.

I can suspend disbelief if that disbelief has been established. You have zombies in your world? Fine, as long as you've established it. You want to have zombies who can't see you if you are wearing polka dots? Fine, as long as you've established it. You establish your rules and I'll accept them. I'll suspend any belief you need me to, as long as you've established that I should be suspending it.

It is the DUMB stuff that gets me. The Inquisitor base doesn't have shields because nobody would dare attack them? What? YOU literally attack them with two crappy little speeders, one of which actually escapes, and kill tons of Imperials, and you mean to tell me nobody has ever considered it before? Oh, and the rebels start to get away... but they don't send any of those TIE Fighters we saw earlier in *that very episode* after you. Instead, the bad guys just look frustrated and then turn around and shrug and are like "Oh well, they got away, nothing we can do!". What? Why wouldn't they just... chase them? And don't tell me "Well, that inquisitor put a tracking device on their ship so LET them go." Nobody knew that at the time.

And it is EASY TO FIX. "The Inquisitor Base has incredible shields, but we have a hacker who can bring them down long enough for a ship or two to slip in and out." "There are TIE Fighters that might chase us, but we can deploy a hack that will freeze them and not let them deploy for a minute." Like, a single line of dialogue would fix so many problems.

This show is doing this so many times per episode that it makes it hard for me to enjoy. Like... Darth Vader just watched Obi Wan get away. Just watched. A little flame in between them, flame that he had ALREADY PUT OUT USING THE FORCE ONE MINUTE BEFORE... but he lets him escape. Huh?

Here is the thing.

I can suspend disbelief if that disbelief has been established. You have zombies in your world? Fine, as long as you've established it. You want to have zombies who can't see you if you are wearing polka dots? Fine, as long as you've established it. You establish your rules and I'll accept them. I'll suspend any belief you need me to, as long as you've established that I should be suspending it.

It is the DUMB stuff that gets me. The Inquisitor base doesn't have shields because nobody would dare attack them? What? YOU literally attack them with two crappy little speeders, one of which actually escapes, and kill tons of Imperials, and you mean to tell me nobody has ever considered it before? Oh, and the rebels start to get away... but they don't send any of those TIE Fighters we saw earlier in *that very episode* after you. Instead, the bad guys just look frustrated and then turn around and shrug and are like "Oh well, they got away, nothing we can do!". What? Why wouldn't they just... chase them? And don't tell me "Well, that inquisitor put a tracking device on their ship so LET them go." Nobody knew that at the time.

And it is EASY TO FIX. "The Inquisitor Base has incredible shields, but we have a hacker who can bring them down long enough for a ship or two to slip in and out." "There are TIE Fighters that might chase us, but we can deploy a hack that will freeze them and not let them deploy for a minute." Like, a single line of dialogue would fix so many problems.

This show is doing this so many times per episode that it makes it hard for me to enjoy. Like... Darth Vader just watched Obi Wan get away. Just watched. A little flame in between them, flame that he had ALREADY PUT OUT USING THE FORCE ONE MINUTE BEFORE... but he lets him escape. Huh?
We would never be able to watch shows together.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude1
We would never be able to watch shows together.

I'm ALWAYS thinking and analyzing, and when this sort of thing happens... grrrr.... :)

But my guess is that we would often agree on what is GOOD... Shawshank, Curb Your Enthusiasm (at least the first six or so seasons), The Wire, most Will Ferrell comedies, The Lord of the Rings, The Sopranos, Infinity War, and soon enough Band of Brothers:) Good stuff is good stuff, whether it is "serious high art" or "really dumb shit" :)

Current shows that are top notch that have new seasons recently added:

Drive to Survive
Cobra Kai
Marvelous Ms Mazel
Russian Doll
Last Kingdom
Flight Attendant
All of Us are Dead (Korean zombie show supposed to be really good..I haven't seen it yet)
After Life
Better Call Saul (new season just started)

That's off the top of my head, probably missed a few good ones.
Drive to Survive is up next. I haven't forgot.

I'd like to see Love Connection come back....for 1 season. Just to see if ppl are more or less odd.

You know it's a slow day at work when I'm watching old game shows.

Love working for free.

I did find out Chuck Woolery is from Kentucky and used to host Wheel of Fortune so that's something.

Here is the thing.

Something similar to the Darth Vader flame scene happens at the end of episode 5 if you haven't seen it yet...

I think the Orville sucks 80's bushy uncut cock. I wanted to like it but it's just awful.

I don't know if I dislike the characters more or the writing, or the acting.

Obi Wan finale.... kinda meh. Feel like they did Vader dirty.
I'm playing lego skywalker saga on PC. I'm watching each episode before I dive in. The game has all 9. but I've meaning to rewatch them for a while so it gives me a reason. Watching episode V right now prior to work. When I get home I'll play that level. Never been a huge fan of the lego series, but this is actually kind of fun.

Something to do. fun game.

After this, I'm going to replay the Ninja Gaiden series. It's been a long time since I played that. "

Anyone remember DOA volleyball. The wife even liked that.

FV7uvRBXoAI6ioH

ADVERTISEMENT