ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

shoresy just concluded the seaosn last night. 6 episodes. Just brilliant.

I will put that writing up against any show.

is it out on hulu? can't stand watching hulu because of the long ass commercials but i'll put up with it for shoresy.
shoresy is a spim off of Letterkenny dude who was always in the shitter. It says it's on hulu, but dude earlier said he couldn't find it. it's a canuck show. I d/l it and it's pucking great. I can provide d'l links.

S01E01

S01E02

S01E03

S01E04

S01E05

S01e06

fixeds episode 2

Last edited:
shoresy is a spim off of Letterkenny dude who was always in the shitter. It says it's on hulu, but dude earlier said he couldn't find it. it's a canuck show. I d/l it and it's pucking great. I can provide d'l links.
i know, i've seen a lot of letterkenny (not all), but i'll wait till it's out, don't trust download links.

I have an idea to where you can just hit play instead of downloading them
Will update the above thread.

Now you don't have to d/l.

Just hit play.

Last edited:
Love how shows start out I'm like Huh? on their dialect/accent. Then by the end of the season I'm fluid.

3-4 hours of now I'm going to have my nails done and makeup done.

Love when the nieces come over.

Disney + and other shit is on tap.

Better Call Saul has been awesome. Midseason finale was clutch.

First 7 episodes of Stranger Things Season 4 dropped today!!! Kinda weird that we get 7 episodes today and then have to wait until July 1 for the other 2.

I've also been watching The Flight Attendant and Hacks on HBO Max. Will probably start watching The Staircase because it's getting good reviews too.

Here are my last few shows on Netflix that I've binged the last few weeks. Semester is over so I have a lot of free time lol

Bodyguard
Firefly Lane
The Chestnut Man
Safe
The Lincoln Lawyer
Welcome to Eden
The Stranger
Working Moms
Maid
Pieces of Her
Inventing Anna

Also, why the **** does the "third sister" know that Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker and that Leia is his daughter? Vader doesn't even know at this point... I'm sure it will somehow be explained but I found it odd.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also, why the **** does the "third sister" know that Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker and that Leia is his daughter? Vader doesn't even know at this point... I'm sure it will somehow be explained but I found it odd.
She would know he is Anakin. Anakin is one of the most famous jedi of all, and he fell and became Darth Vader. They (the inquisitors, esp ones who were Jedi) all would know.

She does NOT know that Leia is his daughter, tho… she kidnapped Leia because she knows Obi wan and Bail Organa are close. The Vader connection is an accident.

Show is okay so far. Don’t like the Third Sister, and WAY too much “running forever when in reality the chase would be over in seconds” kind of stuff. Hate when shows get lazy like that. Still, McGregor looks great, and it’s fun to be back in that world.

So ****ing good. Went to high school with the creators.
I remember you mentioning that. Those dudes know how to write. I still have no clue what’s gonna happen the final two episodes. Plus, apparently there is a fifth and final season. Hyped!

Reactions: jhmossy
She would know he is Anakin. Anakin is one of the most famous jedi of all, and he fell and became Darth Vader. They (the inquisitors, esp ones who were Jedi) all would know.

She does NOT know that Leia is his daughter, tho… she kidnapped Leia because she knows Obi wan and Bail Organa are close. The Vader connection is an accident.

Show is okay so far. Don’t like the Third Sister, and WAY too much “running forever when in reality the chase would be over in seconds” kind of stuff. Hate when shows get lazy like that. Still, McGregor looks great, and it’s fun to be back in that world.
This is bullshit. No one knows that Anakin is Darth Vader outside of the emperor. The third sister specifically says she is Anakin's daughter, you make no sense.

Just finished stranger things to episode 7. Really ****ing good. Started out slow, but by episode 4, shit gets intense.
It was alright, got good after the boring bullshit. The big "twist" I called as soon as that blonde ****er started talking to 11. My wife hates watching this shit with me because I spoil it for her and she was super mad when I said, "that's number 1 and also the big bad in the upside down."

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy and UL_1986
It was alright, got good after the boring bullshit. The big "twist" I called as soon as that blonde ****er started talking to 11. My wife hates watching this shit with me because I spoil it for her and she was super mad when I said, "that's number 1 and also the big bad in the upside down."
Hahaha 🤣. It was somewhat obvious sort of, but I’m still interested to see the origin of the upside down world or vecna. They’ve tied up all the loose ends with the characters, now I wanna know the beginnings of the upside down.

Reactions: tw3301
This is bullshit. No one knows that Anakin is Darth Vader outside of the emperor. The third sister specifically says she is Anakin's daughter, you make no sense.

Wait, I think she might know? Anakin was one of the most famous jedi in the galaxy… saved Palpatine, killed Dooku, helped defeat the Separatists… and he became Darth Vader while still looking like himself, and entered the temple and wiped out the Jedi looking like himself. Tarkin knew, Thrawn knew… some people knew. And if she was a Jedi who turned, especially if she was at the temple during order 66, she might totally know. I mean, didn’t the entire show begin with a young black girl youngling watching order 66 and saying “We run.”…? I figured that was her?

I don’t remember the third sister saying she is Anakins daughter…? When did that happen? Second episode, the Grand Inquisitor gets pissed at her for kidnapping a senators daughter, and the 3rd mentions a link between Organa and Obi Wan.

Last edited:
Anyone watch any of these shows?

Under the banner of heaven
shining girls
the essex serpent
the staircase
the flight attendant
hacks
candy
the wilds
outer range
Time traveler's wife
I love that for you

They're all popular and have great ratings.

Anyone watch any of these shows?

Under the banner of heaven
shining girls
the essex serpent
the staircase
the flight attendant
hacks
candy
the wilds
outer range
Time traveler's wife
I love that for you

They're all popular and have great ratings.
only one I've seen is Flight Attendant season 1. It was very good.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I watched Generation Kill and Band of Brothers.

I really enjoyed GK. Loved the humor and of course the show.

BoB was intense. Glad Ross didn't play much of a part, never mind his character sucked, just not a fan of Swimmer.

A lot to take in and still processing it. Medic episode, took some time off. I binged all the others. Episode 9 was a tough watch. I might or might not have shed a tear at the end.

Thanks for recommending the two shows.

Something I’ve been doing for a little while is getting on YouTube and watching Filming locations of movies and shows I really like. If you like that kinda thing look up Adam the Woo and check out his videos. Dude is really good.

Also playing a lot of Cold War if any of you want the smoke!🤣🔫

I’ve watched all three and I love it. Episode 3 was really good.
i'm kinda torn on episode 3. the fight was pretty meh but the dragging him through fire and shit was cool until Vader put out the fire then 3 seconds later couldn't put out the fire.

Yep, this.

There was still SO much just... dumb stuff. Like... when Vader showed up on that planet, why would he not sense Obi Wan? Why wouldn't they reference that... you know, New Hope style? Then, why did he start killing random people? I mean, I think it was to drag Obi Wan out, but that should have been more clear... otherwise it just seems so random. And then there was SO much "Run-walk away, and THERES the bad guy again... then run-walk away some more... bad guy!" Like, come on now. And when that lady shot the things and set them on fire, and that big loader droid came to get Obi Wan out of there... why on earth would Vader just watch, and then turn away? Like... just smother the flames like you did TWO SECONDS BEFORE and go get them! Or send stormtroopers AROUND it. Or just walk THROUGH it... you are Darth Freaking Vader! And Obi Wan saying "Leia" by accident? Really? And using a human shield against Stormtroopers? And how did the Third Sister start BEHIND Leia, but then end up in front of her? And where did that lady who was helping them go? Wouldn't she run into the Third Sister? I won’t even get into how those three dudes couldn’t catch A stubby legged kid, when in reality they would have caught her in two seconds.

There are just so many moments like this... moments where the writers wanted the characters together, but then wanted to get them apart, and just were SO lazy about it... that it is making it hard for me to enjoy the series. The writing just feels so... dumb. And I am sorry, it wouldn't be THAT hard to fix it.

And some of the acting is just not very good. The actress who plays the Third Sister is really tough for me to watch... as I saw someone else say, she looks like someone cosplaying an Inquisitor.

I DID like the Stormtrooper falling into the last barricade, tho. Wowza.

Reactions: tw3301
He would have been perfect. 😢

GREENMILE_4K_UHD-featured.jpg
They would have to have done movie magic like above. He was under 6'. RIP

ADVERTISEMENT