Trump/ Biden I: The Battle for the Oval Office..

SheriffBufordTJustice

Aug 17, 2018
In the minds of the ignorant
Problem with Texas is Harris County makes up only about 16-17% of the total population in Texas.
Throw in the other counties Houston Metropolitan area is only about 20+% of the vote

The early voting is basically because of two counties Harris and Denton.

Denton is interesting because it is a suburban county in the Metroplex

But unlike most big Texas counties it is over 50% white
The numbers say Trump received 57% of the vote in 2016
But that was down from where Romney McCain and George W revived

Texas isn't like other states.
Too many Metropolitan areas to make one place that important.

Georgia for example
Atlanta Metro is 60% of the population

Or
Nevada.
Vegas Metropolitan is 70% of the vote

Houston isn't enough to carry any presidential candidate in Texas.

They have to win by huge margins in Houston, SA, Austin, El Paso and the Metroplex

To make up for the smaller cities that are predominantly Republican in West and East Texas.

SheriffBufordTJustice

Aug 17, 2018
In the minds of the ignorant
The counties in Texas important to watch are Collin, Denton, Hays, Fort Bend,. Montgomery and Williamson.

Because if Trump continues the slide he started in 2016 and the Republicans continued in 2018 he could look stupid for being too confident.

I think the Republican Party in Texas may have told him some bullshit because of how toxic he is for them.

Let's say this.
Donald Trump is the worst thing for Republicans in Texas.
Might not be the case in every state but in Texas it is true

Reason why the state is doing whatever they can do to keep people from voting.

Reactions: Jaycg15

ticket2ride04

Gold Member
May 13, 2004
My Wife’s Pool
Team
North Carolina
Texas really intrigues me. I have thought about moving there the past few years. Apparently a lot of other people do also. About 85,000 people left California to live there last year. Over half a million every year move there.

Joe Rogan has talked about this many times and I think he knows what is eventually coming. Some people are leaving red states for the "Texas lifestyle/benefits". Others are leaving places like California and New York(over 100,000 total in 2019) for better lifestyle/benefits, but they want it to be more like the place they left.

Eventually they will make Texas similar to the places they left. Currently Texas has no income tax, cheap property(in the "country"), cheap energy, etc...
My wife’s family is from Texas and it’s a very unique state. Texans, from my experience, see themselves as Texans first and Americans second. But not in a bad way. They are very kind.

However, the state isn’t set to handle the continued influx of people and businesses. Eventually new taxes will be imposed and land will dwindle. Austin is a mess right now.

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Texas really intrigues me. I have thought about moving there the past few years. Apparently a lot of other people do also. About 85,000 people left California to live there last year. Over half a million every year move there.

Joe Rogan has talked about this many times and I think he knows what is eventually coming. Some people are leaving red states for the "Texas lifestyle/benefits". Others are leaving places like California and New York(over 100,000 total in 2019) for better lifestyle/benefits, but they want it to be more like the place they left.

Eventually they will make Texas similar to the places they left. Currently Texas has no income tax, cheap property(in the "country"), cheap energy, etc...
I feel comfortable with you moderating the next presidential debate.

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
My wife is a registered Democrat and left the polls saying, "I can't believe I voted for Trump." lol. From Obama, to Gary Johnson, and now to Trump. She really is progressive in the way she votes.

• Haha
Reactions: SNU0821

I am stupid

Mar 18, 2013
I feel comfortable with you moderating the next presidential debate.

Several years ago I wanted to create a news website. This was long before Trump and his fake news spiel. Since then its gotten even worse. Hard to separate opinion and fact. Anyway, the idea was to have two different sections. One was JUST the facts and news. The other would allow for a "slant/opinion", but it would have both sides in each article.

The problem is opinion and catchy headlines are what draws people in. Few want the truth, they just want to confirm their beliefs.

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Several years ago I wanted to create a news website. This was long before Trump and his fake news spiel. Since then its gotten even worse. Hard to separate opinion and fact. Anyway, the idea was to have two different sections. One was JUST the facts and news. The other would allow for a "slant/opinion", but it would have both sides in each article.

The problem is opinion and catchy headlines are what draws people in. Few want the truth, they just want to confirm their beliefs.
Wish we had something like that. So many political opinions are accepted as factual, on both sides. Nuance has been mostly lost.

And to your point, people are generally driven by the pursuit of affirmation of their long-held beliefs. And political pundits are driven by creating shock & awe headlines, which will generate more clicks, and more clicks means more revenue. We blame the media for creating the fake news narratives, but we're kind of the ones asking for it. We want stories that paint the opposite side in the worst possible light. I've certainly been guilty of this on more than a few occasions. CNN, Fox News, and everyone else has to make money, so when they realize certain stories generate more views, then yes, they'll absolutely repeat the cycle of spinning the narrative exactly how their audience wants to interpret it.

Reactions: I am stupid

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
My wife’s family is from Texas and it’s a very unique state. Texans, from my experience, see themselves as Texans first and Americans second. But not in a bad way. They are very kind.

However, the state isn’t set to handle the continued influx of people and businesses. Eventually new taxes will be imposed and land will dwindle. Austin is a mess right now.
Interesting perspective thanks for sharing

Reactions: ticket2ride04

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Let’s pretend a devout Muslim who has professed some appreciation for Sharia Law was nominated by Biden to SCOTUS. Do you think some of their beliefs should be questioned?
It doesn't matter what I think. It matters what the Constitution says. And it specifically says---"No religious test."

And BTW, this is an apples to oranges comparison...

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
It doesn't matter what I think. It matters what the Constitution says. And it specifically says---"No religious test."

And BTW, this is an apples to oranges comparison...
And there wasn’t a religious test. So what, again, is your beef?

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
And there wasn’t a religious test. So what, again, is your beef?
Sure there wasn't...If this happened to a nominee via a democrat, your argument would be the exact opposite. Its why Sen. Hawley blasted folks. And its why no one said a god damn word when he was done.

And here's the best part-- I bet if I said, "Trump use a religious criterion in choosing Barrett", you would be right on board....No doubt.

Her religion was questioned by democrats, for the sole purpose of qualification. You know this. But we know hoe you guys roll...

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
Sure there wasn't...If this happened to a nominee via a democrat, your argument would be the exact opposite. Its why Sen. Hawley blasted folks. And its why no one said a god damn word when he was done.

And here's the best part-- I bet if I said, "Trump use a religious criterion in choosing Barrett", you would be right on board....No doubt.

Her religion was questioned by democrats, for the sole purpose of qualification. You know this. But we know hoe you guys roll...
So you think the religious test clause prohibits questions of religious beliefs? It does not.

Why, too, are questions of Muslim faith ‘apples to oranges’ compared to the questions she faced?

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
So you think the religious test clause prohibits questions of religious beliefs? It does not.

Why, too, are questions of Muslim faith ‘apples to oranges’ compared to the questions she faced?
No, I do not. Though if a religious test is not a qualification, I do not see the need to ask. PLus, I Never said that. Maybe you should read better.

The "apples to oranges" pertaining to Muslims wasn't in reference to the questions.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Then what were the apples and what were the oranges?
I highly doubt any President would ever nominate a SCJ who favors Sharia Law. And IF they did, then questioning how they interpret such would be a need, since most see Sharia Law as a direct threat to national security and freedoms given to us by the constitution. Most Muslim see themselves complying with Sharia. With Sharia Law/Quaran/Muslim virtues having many interpretations, I'd say that is a tad different to that of ones Catholic, Baptist, Protestant beliefs...I could be wrong.

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
I highly doubt any President would ever nominate a SCJ who favors Sharia Law. And IF they did, then questioning how they interpret such would be a need, since most see Sharia Law as a direct threat to national security and freedoms given to us by the constitution. Most Muslim see themselves complying with Sharia. With Sharia Law/Quaran/Muslim virtues having many interpretations, I'd say that is a tad different to that of ones Catholic, Baptist, Protestant beliefs...I could be wrong.
So you can or can’t disqualify somebody based on religious beliefs?

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Did you not just argue the extreme Muslim could be excluded forbeing an extreme Muslim?
THis is what I figured you would say..."Apples to Oranges". You are talking about a religion, a belief(of some) that can be very radical. Beliefs that led to thousands of american deaths. A belief held by some that thinks everything the United States stands for is evil, wrong---And feel we should die for it. A religion/belief that is the backbone for hate, for the American people. That has fed thousands of years of anger, hate, disdain, for the United States. A religion/belief that has led to numerous terror attacks toward the US.

SO yeah, Brooky, I think there is a difference. Unless of course you can show me a time where some pissed off Catholics flew two airplanes into some buildings...

Reactions: topps coach

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
THis is what I figured you would say..."Apples to Oranges". You are talking about a religion, a belief(of some) that can be very radical. Beliefs that led to thousands of american deaths. A belief held by some that thinks everything the United States stands for is evil, wrong---And feel we should die for it. A religion/belief that is the backbone for hate, for the American people. That has fed thousands of years of anger, hate, disdain, for the United States. A religion/belief that has led to numerous terror attacks toward the US.

SO yeah, Brooky, I think there is a difference.
Ok. Then I’ve made my point

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Ok. Then I’ve made my point
No, you haven't. Its an ignorant comparison. We are talking about maybe someone's religion leading to vote against Roe vs Wade---Opposed to someones religion/beliefs, leading them to blow up the ****ing WH, once inside...

No chance you can be this ignorant...

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
No, you haven't. Its an ignorant comparison. We are talking about maybe someone's religion leading to vote against Roe vs Wade---Opposed to someones religion/beliefs, leading them to blow up the ****ing WH, once inside...

No chance you can be this ignorant...
A congressman either can or cannot ask questions about religion to inform their vote. How extreme those views are or aren’t should be irrelevant if we’re arguing this counts as a ‘religious test’.

I am stupid

Mar 18, 2013
I have to take brookys side on this. You can't refuse a Muslim for their religion. Just like you can't refuse a Christian, Buddhist, etc... JUST because of their religion.

You can question them just like they did ACB on her religion, and use that to base your vote. If they say I want to destroy America, you obviously vote no.

The religious test means more of a , you can only be on the SCOTUS if you are X religion or you can't be on SCOTUS if you are X religion. That would be against the constitution.

Reactions: brooky03

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I have to take brookys side on this. You can't refuse a Muslim for their religion. Just like you can't refuse a Christian, Buddhist, etc... JUST because of their religion.

You can question them just like they did ACB on her religion, and use that to base your vote. If they say I want to destroy America, you obviously vote no.

The religious test means more of a , you can only be on the SCOTUS if you are X religion or you can't be on SCOTUS if you are X religion. That would be against the constitution.
I have to disagree. The history of Muslim religion, the many aspects in which it is practiced,IMO simply separates it from that of Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Protestant, etc, etc..None of those religions/beliefs teach hatred to America...I do not think you should be able to exclude a person b/c they are Muslim....But I do believe investigating to what extent they practice, believe, is a warranted question. There is a difference in being concerned if a Catholic would vote down Roe vs Wade, opposed to being concerned if someone would blwo up the White House...Or pose a threat to our National security.

To me its Apples vs Oranges. I have never turned on the TV, or picked up a news paper, and read/watched/seen where thousands of Baptist, Catholics, etc, etc....were screaming---"Death to America". A lot of people who practice Muslim, read the Quaran, absolutely loathe the United States to the point that they would kill/die over those beliefs...I have yet to meet a Catholic, Bapits, Methodist, etc, etc....who shared those same beliefs, due to their religion.