Trump/ Biden I: The Battle for the Oval Office..

ticket2ride04

Gold Member
May 13, 2004
My Wife’s Pool
Team
North Carolina
From that article:

“In all, 61% said they were in favor of a combination of limitations that included allowing abortion in just the first three months of a pregnancy (23%); only in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the woman (29%); or only to save the life of the woman (9%).

Eighteen percent said abortion should be available to a woman any time she wants during her entire pregnancy. At the other end of the spectrum, 9% said it should never be permitted under any circumstance.”

A bit misleading frame that as simply “70% of Americans are pro choice.”
I posted a better poll later. Same source as @dukedevilz supporting roughly 70% Support abortion in some form or another

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
I amended my statement later. Should have used support abortion in some form over pro choice. Although, supporting any form of abortion for any reason is, in fact, pro choice.
Go to your next pussyhat rally and tell them supporting abortion only in the first trimester and rape cases is, in fact, pro choice.

Record for my viewing pleasure.

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Yes, but I'm not arguing against the extreme cases. I'm arguing against the inconvenient cases, which are some 98-99% of all abortions. Take a look at Florida from 2018.

I guess where we split is you see the evidence being overwhelming enough to be labeled pro life, and I can’t do that. That’s a significant enough number for me. The four you highlighted added up.

Reactions: ticket2ride04

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I amended my statement later. Should have used support abortion in some form over pro choice. Although, supporting any form of abortion for any reason is, in fact, pro choice.
Supporting contraceptives, adoption, and abstinence is also pro-choice.

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I guess where we split is you see the evidence being overwhelming enough to be labeled pro life, and I can’t do that. That’s a significant enough number for me. The four you h
It's 1.4%. That's not the norm. Over 98% of these abortions are simply due to the threat of an emotional and/or financial burden which upsets the status quo of the mother. I'm okay with the extreme cases, but I'm not okay giving everyone the blanket approval, simply because 1-2% of the women are going through a serious ordeal.

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
Kind of a worthless stat. If one month is lower in deaths because a previous month in the year was higher in deaths, that kinda doesn’t mean anything, right?
I don't think you're making any sense here.

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
It kind of is, though. There is no baby without a mother to have it grow, ya know? I don’t want to sound like I’m forcing my views on anyone, it’s actually the opposite. It’s hard for me to feel strongly enough to argue one way or the other because of how much middle ground there is between where most people are. Do I have a problem with two teenagers not being safe and protective and having an abortion? Yes, I have an issue with that. Do I have an issue with someone aborting a baby due to being raped or possibly having health complications due to the pregnancy? Of course not. I’m not sure how anyone could, honestly.
So at how many weeks would you consider a baby alive, then? I’ve seen babies born and live at 30 weeks and I’ve seen babies still in the womb at 41 weeks.

So is the 30 week baby a baby but the 41 week baby just a clump of cells because it’s still inside the mother?

SIhoosier26

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2017
totally disagree, Biden/Harris change their minds weekly Winking
"But it was just a debate"-Kamala Harris response to calling Biden a racist and accusing him of assault.

"We choose truth over facts"- One of the many Joe Biden gafs that have come out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: mebeblue2

Afamu

Feb 9, 2017
You seem level-headed. Post more.

Disagree with me when you can. I need better opponents. I keep taking these guys behind the woodshed and beating them senseless. They can’t keep up.
Another message board poster who thinks they win discussions. Priceless.

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
So at how many weeks would you consider a baby alive, then? I’ve seen babies born and live at 30 weeks and I’ve seen babies still in the womb at 41 weeks.

So is the 30 week baby a baby but the 41 week baby just a clump of cells because it’s still inside the mother?
It’s all context, hail. My position doesn’t have near as much to do with how long they’ve been in the womb as it does the situation in which they were conceived. I’m cool with abortions in certain situations. If you want me to give you a term for those, I guess I would have to think about it for a minute and do some research.

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
"But it was just a debate"-Kamala Harris

"We choose truth over facts"-Joe Biden
I don’t know what’s a worse look for Harris:

1. Believing Biden’s accuser and still running along side him.

2. Seeing no problem lying about believing Biden’s accuser to hurt his reputation and for her own political gain.

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
It's 1.4%. That's not the norm. Over 98% of these abortions are simply due to the threat of an emotional and/or financial burden which upsets the status quo of the mother. I'm okay with the extreme cases, but I'm not okay giving everyone the blanket approval, simply because 1-2% of the women are going through a serious ordeal.
I think you’re agreeing with me. Because I don’t think people should get abortions just due to emotional or financial burdens.

Reactions: dukedevilz

ticket2ride04

Gold Member
May 13, 2004
My Wife’s Pool
Team
North Carolina
It’s kind of staggering to look at the sheer amount of abortions that happen annually. What do you guys think the financial implications of ending abortion look like. 1MM more people added per year. What is that number over 2 or 3 generations?

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
If all your old people die at the beginning of the year because of the pandemic, they’re not around to die at the end of the year like they normally would.
Yeah, I don’t think that's the deal captain.

toonces11

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
It’s kind of staggering to look at the sheer amount of abortions that happen annually. What do you guys think the financial implications of ending abortion look like. 1MM more people added per year. What is that number over 2 or 3 generations?
I think we should consider aborting the parent instead of the child.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

SIhoosier26

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2017
Just think of the amount of money we could save allowing murderers to roam the streets instead of paying for their stay in prison.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
It’s a stretch to say this was a religious test. In the 1600s, England adopted laws (religious tests) to protect the Church of England. Basically you couldn’t be anything but Christian. In the early days of the colonies, many states adopted similar rules. When the constitution was written, clause 6, section 3 wanted to keep religious affiliation out of a requisite for office. Meaning all religions could serve.

In the context of the SCOTUS hearings, there is concern that Barrett will be the deciding vote to overturn Roe v Wade. Highlighting her religious beliefs was never about disqualifying her from office, it was to scare the Left into voting. Abortion isn’t popular, but 70% of Americans support Pro-Choice.

As for attacking Catholicism on the bench, just stop. 6 or 7 of the justices are Catholics.
Disagree....I don't think it was a stretch at all.

I didn't attack Catholicism...I couldn't care less what her religion is.

topps coach

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Its unconstitutional, Brooky. It has absolutely everything to do with it.

Article VI specifies that “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”

Edit: Here is all of it for ya, Brooky.

Article VI
  • Clause 3
  • The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
[/QUOTE
It kind of is, though. There is no baby without a mother to have it grow, ya know? I don’t want to sound like I’m forcing my views on anyone, it’s actually the opposite. It’s hard for me to feel strongly enough to argue one way or the other because of how much middle ground there is between where most people are. Do I have a problem with two teenagers not being safe and protective and having an abortion? Yes, I have an issue with that. Do I have an issue with someone aborting a baby due to being raped or possibly having health complications due to the pregnancy? Of course not. I’m not sure how anyone could, honestly.
I am pro life in every instance other than rape or the life of the mother is at risk.At the very minimum there should be no government assistance for abortions

Reactions: dukedevilz

ticket2ride04

Gold Member
May 13, 2004
My Wife’s Pool
Team
North Carolina
Disagree....I don't think it was a stretch at all.

I didn't attack Catholicism...I couldn't care less what her religion is.
Let’s pretend a devout Muslim who has professed some appreciation for Sharia Law was nominated by Biden to SCOTUS. Do you think some of their beliefs should be questioned?

hailtoyourvictor

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Well anecdotally a meaningful of people percentage use abortion as a birth control, so those people would probably (and ideally) use a different means of birth control so that could help a little.

Jul 6, 2007
69.5 million votes already in. Texas has 87% of the amount of votes in that they did in 2016 election. Several other states at 70%+. Wild. That silent majority better be yuge or Trump is about to be curbstomped. Let’s hope for the latter.

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
69.5 million votes already in. Texas has 87% of the amount of votes in that they did in 2016 election. Several other states at 70%+. Wild. That silent majority better be yuge or Trump is about to be curbstomped. Let’s hope for the latter.
I think the silent majority for Trump is bigger than it was in 2016. I also think the vocal majority is bigger.

I am stupid

Mar 18, 2013
Texas really intrigues me. I have thought about moving there the past few years. Apparently a lot of other people do also. About 85,000 people left California to live there last year. Over half a million every year move there.

Joe Rogan has talked about this many times and I think he knows what is eventually coming. Some people are leaving red states for the "Texas lifestyle/benefits". Others are leaving places like California and New York(over 100,000 total in 2019) for better lifestyle/benefits, but they want it to be more like the place they left.

Eventually they will make Texas similar to the places they left. Currently Texas has no income tax, cheap property(in the "country"), cheap energy, etc...

SheriffBufordTJustice

Aug 17, 2018
In the minds of the ignorant
Texas usually has low turnout.
It is one of the reasons why a state with its demographic usually is red.

A lot of those votes are from the bigger cities.
Harris County set daily voter registration records a few times in the last couple of months

SheriffBufordTJustice

Aug 17, 2018
In the minds of the ignorant
Texas really intrigues me. I have thought about moving there the past few years. Apparently a lot of other people do also. About 85,000 people left California to live there last year. Over half a million every year move there.

Joe Rogan has talked about this many times and I think he knows what is eventually coming. Some people are leaving red states for the "Texas lifestyle/benefits". Others are leaving places like California and New York(over 100,000 total in 2019) for better lifestyle/benefits, but they want it to be more like the place they left.

Eventually they will make Texas similar to the places they left. Currently Texas has no income tax, cheap property(in the "country"), cheap energy, etc...
That is some of it as well.

Since 2016 the state has added about 1 million people

A lot of this is Houston
Houston claims they are the future of America
The demographics in the city say they are.
Whites have went from 60% of the city to about 25% in a 30-40 year period.
Has made the city better according to pretty much everyone who lives there.