Trump/ Biden I: The Battle for the Oval Office..

MrBaracus

Gold Member
May 2, 2015
Team
Kansas
It was roughly the trainwreck I expected.

I will say, Biden held his own better than I expected.

Reactions: SNU0821

MGC_07

Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by Biden.

The debate doesn’t really matter though. I think around 3% ofvoters said the debates will affect who they vote for.

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
I'm embarrassed to be American. What do you parents tell your middle school and high school kids who were watching this debate?

Reactions: Yellow Man

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I'm embarrassed to be American. What do you parents tell your middle school and high school kids who were watching this debate?
I show them this...

Reactions: bignish

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
I didn’t watch the debate, and I’m not very political, but I feel like any Republican candidate in the world would win in a landslide, not named trump. I get he’s the incumbent, but damn some of the stuff he says/does is borderline ******ed.

I wasn’t bothered that trump won last time, bc at least I knew he wasn’t doing it to get rich (which I think is the main problem with out politics, politicians are way more concerned with becoming multi millionaires that being a civil servant to their constituents

If nothing else, maybe it will shine some light on how effing stupid our two party system is, but I know there’s too much money going for that to ever happen.

Honestly though, we have so much fcked up ish going on I’m not sure ever Dwayne the rock Johnson could fix it.

Reactions: I am stupid

otte21

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
I didn’t watch the debate, and I’m not very political, but I feel like any Republican candidate in the world would win in a landslide, not named trump. I get he’s the incumbent, but damn some of the stuff he says/does is borderline ******ed.

I wasn’t bothered that trump won last time, bc at least I knew he wasn’t doing it to get rich (which I think is the main problem with out politics, politicians are way more concerned with becoming multi millionaires that being a civil servant to their constituents

If nothing else, maybe it will shine some light on how effing stupid our two party system is, but I know there’s too much money going for that to ever happen.

Honestly though, we have so much fcked up ish going on I’m not sure ever Dwayne the rock Johnson could fix it.
With a winner-take-all system, it’ll always be impossible for there to be more than 2 viable parties.

It truly is astounding though that out of 320,000,000+ people, these are the two candidates we are stuck with atop of those two parties.

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
With a winner-take-all system, it’ll always be impossible for there to be more than 2 viable parties.

It truly is astounding though that out of 320,000,000+ people, these are the two candidates we are stuck with atop of those two parties.
Man you said it.

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012

Many politicians who run for President are wealthy. I don’t think any run for President to become wealthy. It could be a factor but probably not in the top ten reasons.

Trump might not have been running to get wealthy, but neither was Hillary.

Reactions: aferrelli

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Man you said it.
What’s interesting is that the parties came to these candidates in literally the opposite way.

The Dems went as centrist as they could get. No woman, no minority, nobody further left like Bernie of Warren or AOC or anyone like that. Just a boring old white man.

The GOP went basically as non centrist as they could get. No Romney or McCain or Huntsman or Ryan or anyone like that. Just a decidedly not boring old white man.

Some day we will have two women running, and we will realize we should have long before.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Many politicians who run for President are wealthy. I don’t think any run for President to become wealthy. It could be a factor but probably not in the top ten reasons.

Trump might not have been running to get wealthy, but neither was Hillary.
Actually Brook, I think Trump DID run to get wealthy. I don’t think he truly wanted to be president or serve the country... I think he wanted exposure for his own version of OANN. A number of people who know him have talked about this. But then he won.

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
Actually Brook, I think Trump DID run to get wealthy. I don’t think he truly wanted to be president or serve the country... I think he wanted exposure for his own version of OANN. A number of people who know him have talked about this. But then he won.
I think he did, too. Was just trying to avoid the goobers coming in with “he doesn’t take a salary. How could you say that?!”

Salary has very little to do with profiting from the presidency.

Jaycg15

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Chris Wallace was clearly biased toward Biden.
Trump poisoning the well as always. Anytime that Trump is not coddled, he's being mistreated. The guy is soft as charmin.

If he'd learn to shut his mouth, he might have a shot in hell at winning both the presidency and the debate, but he's either too stupid, lacks the self-control, or both. Either way, he's shown time after time he's not suited to run a country.

That was global embarrassment in primetime.

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
Some news channels are saying Trump didn’t grab the opportunity to denounce white supremacy groups.
Uh... basically all news channels are saying that. (Well, except OANN, which is running the “Trump gets nominated for third Peace Prize” headline, with no mention of debates until you scroll way down.)

Why didn’t he just say “Chris, of COURSE I denounce white supremacy. Now let’s move on to...”

Thats what every normal person would say, and CERTAINLY what a prepared President in a presidential debate should have said.

Chris Wallace gave him the easiest softball in history.

Why do folks think he didn’t just say it?

Reactions: catman111

Jaycg15

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
Team
Illinois
Uh... basically all news channels are saying that. (Well, except OANN, which is running the “Trump gets nominated for third Peace Prize” headline, with no mention of debates until you scroll way down.)

Why didn’t he just say “Chris, of COURSE I denounce white supremacy. Now let’s move on to...”

Thats what every normal person would say, and CERTAINLY what a prepared President in a presidential debate should have said.

The same reason a Duke fan wouldn't denounce Duke.

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
Uh... all news channels are saying that. (Well, except OANN, which is running the “Trump gets nominated for third Peace Prize” headline, with no mention of debates until you scroll way down.)

I wanted to go with the pandering angle but even if he denounced it, he’d still have the vote of white supremacists. So it really boggles the mind.

UL_1986

Sep 13, 2018
#2 quote of the night was Biden calling him a clown. I didn’t watch, but my buddies who were watching (mix of Dem and Pub) we’re cracking up at that.
Oh dude, that came after a long winded rant of Trump interrupting, and it was said in absolute silence. I was like damn, he went there.