ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Season

Players are declaring for the draft, returning to school, and deciding to transfer afterwards. Strange trend. I mean, we're not talking about bench warmers. These guys would all be the #1 or #2 option on their team next year. Guess their heart was committed to playing somewhere else, whether that was in the pros or another school.

I could see Nembhard ending up in Spokane. Suggs only figures to be there for a year anyway. Could slide into the starting role in 2021-22.

Reactions: Hank_
Players are declaring for the draft, returning to school, and deciding to transfer afterwards. Strange trend. I mean, we're not talking about bench warmers. These guys would all be the #1 or #2 option on their team next year. Guess their heart was committed to playing somewhere else, whether that was in the pros or another school.

I could see Nembhard ending up in Spokane. Suggs only figures to be there for a year anyway. Could slide into the starting role in 2021-22.

The middle of May, “Here’s my Top 8 transfer options” complete with an edit spectacle from players in their 20s is an interesting development too.

Reactions: dukedevilz
That would be your coach's fault.

Well we aren't making a coaching change so this is the best we can hope for. Nembhard has positives--but he is a PG that can't break a defense down, can't create for himself, and isn't a good 3 point shooter. I want to see the other 3 PG's we have on the roster get more reps in practice and more playing time and they wouldn't have been able to get that if Nembhard were still on the roster.

Florida will get 6-1 Tyree Appleby eligible this year. He was a transfer from Cleveland State that had to sit out a year. In 2019 he was 2nd team all MAC after averaging 14ppg and 5apg. He shot 39% from 3 as a sophomore. I really wonder how hard Mike White fought to keep Nembhard. I think Appleby-Glover-Mann would be a really nice trio at the PG position.

ADVERTISEMENT