ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Butthurt

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Any players you hated to see leave and thrive elsewhere? I think Bryce Hopkins leaving UK will be one of those players from UK. He had a lot of upside. Seemed like a quality young man too. :confused: Providence will benefit.

Prior to transfer portal, but Matthews and Juzang immediately come to mind.

Go back a bit and Marvin Stone (rip).
Yeah, Stone hurt more than Juzang because he relished beating UK later due to Tubby cutting him from the team. I remember him taunting UK fans on his way out of the game to let the benchwarmers play. I don’t think any transfers since wanted to exact revenge.

It's inevitable now. Just accept it and move on. I don't blame these kids one bit for chasing a title or the money. It is what it is.

That didn't answer the question.

answer-me-question.gif

Any players you hated to see leave and thrive elsewhere? I think Bryce Hopkins leaving UK will be one of those players from UK. He had a lot of upside. Seemed like a quality young man too. :confused: Providence will benefit.
What about butthurt regarding the existence of the transfer portal free agency in general?..........

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I didn’t want to see Kessler leave, but it didn’t bother me that he had success elsewhere. I think he is a good guy and I hope he has success at the next level. UNC still ended up making a run in the tournament without him, so it turned out okay for everyone.

The only transfer that annoyed me was Larry Drew. Not that he transferred, just the timing of when he did it. But even that wasn’t a bad thing because the team played better after he was gone.

I hope it doesn't come down to Brooks or Toppin. I would much rather JT come back but fear he will be more desired at the next level.

If it came down to Brooks and Toppin I would be headed to Lexington right now to pack Keion's bags for him.

Reactions: JimboBBN
For the most part I’ve been fine with those who have left UNC, either for their sake or UNC’s they have been good decisions. I can’t really think of anyone that I was that disappointed with tbh.

I would've preferred to lose Brooks, but it's looking like UK might be stuck with him another year.
So far Brooks isn't on the roster for next year. If he doesn't get some sort of pro deal, I think he transfers. Toppin and Livingston at the 4.

2022-23 UK Basketball Roster

• G Sahvir Wheeler
  • G Cason Wallace
  • G CJ Fredrick
  • F Chris Livingston
  • F Jacob Toppin
  • F Oscar Tshiebwe
  • F Lance Ware
  • F Daimion Collins

ADVERTISEMENT