ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten for next season

KU’s year was 2020. Had it all

They sucked balls 2013-2015. Played for it all in 2012. average teams for 3 years like 2021.

KU came back in2016 with Frank. Frank and Devonte teams 2016-2018 were too small in the end (nova 2016) and couldn’t match an Oregon (2017) or nova (2018) with 3’s. 2 elite 8’s and a final four. Good guards tho. 2019 before Doke hurt or 2020 was their shot to hang it. Total rebuild now.

Maybe 2022 or more likely 23.
But hopefully never..... ;)

Reactions: duckboy33
I thought about them. Felt bucks returned more. Wagner is gone. But ya UM could be in there

1. We return three players who started for us on our Elite 8 run, one being a probable preseason All-American.
2. As it stands right now, you could take the #8 recruit in the country (Caleb Houstan) out of our recruiting class and we would still have the number one class in the country.

Whoever is informing Wagner that the NBA is the best thing for him is giving him wrong information.

Don't care where these Mock Draft have any players. Wait until you start seeing the team evaluate the players

Best thing would to declare without an agent

Whoever is informing Wagner that the NBA is the best thing for him is giving him wrong information.

Don't care where these Mock Draft have any players. Wait until you start seeing the team evaluate the players

Why? You can now declare with a registered agent and still come back.

Seeing multi mocks with him lotto/borderline lotto. so you are predicting major slide if he stays in?

Last edited:
What’s up with jones and brown? Both gone? Or still undecided.

Do you see David Johnson getting drafted? We are still waiting on him and carlik to decide whether we are gonna be a contender or an NIT team.

Kai Jones is gone.
He has the best change to be drafted first out of that Top 5.

NBA teams just can't stay away from players like him. He could have as much upside as any player in the draft this year

Brown could stay. Probably would be the best for him to stay.
But again he is someone that certain NBA teams will take a risk on because of upside.

He’s an absolute lock 1st round pick with lottery upside. He had a really bad game against UCLA (after a monster game vs FSU) and will likely never be an offensive focal point but that’s not what he’s going to be drafted for. He’s an elite defender, very good passer, great basketball IQ. Needs to be more consistent with his shot. He’s also younger than most of the freshman like Cade Cunningham.

He’s an absolute lock 1st round pick with lottery upside. He had a really bad game against UCLA (after a monster game vs FSU) and will likely never be an offensive focal point but that’s not what he’s going to be drafted for. He’s an elite defender, very good passer, great basketball IQ. Needs to be more consistent with his shot. He’s also younger than most of the freshman like Cade Cunningham.

UCLA looked at him as your weakest defender. They attacked him.

If he is an elite defender what does that make the other guys on the perimeter.

I was told that FSU’s Balsa Koprivica is ready to leave, NBA or not. He’d be fine going home to Serbia and playing. I think the Covid year was tough on him.

Anyway, if he indeed leaves, that is a significant blow to FSU’s chances of being a top 10 team next year. Unless of course they bring in an impact transfer big man.

@dukedevilz this might be enough to give Duke the inside track to an ACC title.

Reactions: jhmossy
UCLA looked at him as your weakest defender. They attacked him.

If he is an elite defender what does that make the other guys on the perimeter.
I didn’t see that but ok. I mean by basically every fan of UM or Big Ten fan who watches them will tell you Franz is their best defender. He’s lengthy but quick.

@duckboy33
@dukedevilz

where do you see Arkansas after the transfers?

I'm not 100% sure who is returning from Arkansas. However, Musselman is a fantastic coach and he's brought in some talent from the portal as he usually does. They are certainly a top 20 team next season in my mind. Could be higher but I don't know who all is returning right now.

Reactions: fleckabelly
1. We return three players who started for us on our Elite 8 run, one being a probable preseason All-American.
2. As it stands right now, you could take the #8 recruit in the country (Caleb Houstan) out of our recruiting class and we would still have the number one class in the country.

Michigan really has been the class of big 10 in last 10 years thanks to Beilein and Howard working out. Played for two national titles. Few seeet 16’s and elite 8’s too.

Sparty the two decades prior.

since 2010:

1 Michigan
2 sparty
3 wisco

Reactions: GE Nole
Kai Jones is gone.
He has the best change to be drafted first out of that Top 5.

NBA teams just can't stay away from players like him. He could have as much upside as any player in the draft this year

Brown could stay. Probably would be the best for him to stay.
But again he is someone that certain NBA teams will take a risk on because of upside.

he was a beast. What an embarrassment by shaka with that team. Had them in my final four wjth Zags, Baylor and Houston.

Think any seniors will come back to play for beard for their extra year or is this a mass exodus now? Jericho, Ramey, Coleman, etc not seeing in mocks

Until I see us with a top PG I'm not going to make any lofty prognostications about what UK can do next season.

You can drop MD from this list if Wiggins and Alyaia both keep their dumb decisions

he was a beast. What an embarrassment by shaka with that team. Had them in my final four wjth Zags, Baylor and Houston.

Think any seniors will come back to play for beard for their extra year or is this a mass exodus now? Jericho, Ramey, Coleman, etc not seeing in mocks

They probably should have been there.
You and I had the same thinking.

The Kai Jones you see today on the Court isn't the Kai Jones the NBA sees and the one they will draft in the Top 10.

Two different players. Doesn't mean that Jones isn't an important player but NBA is drafting him on potential.
They see a potential Giannis. Don't think he will ever touch Giannis but doesn't mean that he won't be a high level in the NBA.

Regarding the rest.
I think Coleman is gone. He is seilling his stuff .

Sims is a different story. Texas is very lucky Sims isn't having his name passed around these NBA mock drafts.
The coaches are in his ear. I just don't see it because I know you have others telling him he can sneak up the draft boards.

Hard for me to see Duke in the top 10 unless they add more to their backcourt. But perhaps in the 8-10 range.

Gonzaga seems like a lock now but you never know who leaves after a title run.

Texas might be depending on who Beard brings in. Certainly a massive coaching upgrade.

Michigan would seem like a sure thing. Maybe Ohio State?

FSU would seem like a strong possibility as long as Polite or Balsa don’t leave.

Who does Bama have coming in?
Bama has Rivals 3rd best recruiting class coming in, plus 2 transfers that Oats likes for his scheme.
5 star JDDavison -PG, #29 rated player in Charles Bediako 6’11” , 4 star Jusaun Holt - SF and Langston Wilson 6’9”. PF.
Transfers are Nimari Burnett - 2 guard from Texas Tech and Noah Gurley, a 6’8” forward from Furman.

@duckboy33
@dukedevilz

where do you see Arkansas after the transfers?

I'd probably put Arkansas inside the top 10 somewhere. I'm having difficulty keeping track of the all the roster turnover around the country in the past month, but hard to imagine a team with JD Notae, Davonte Davis, Connor Vanover, Jaylin Williams, and 3 really solid transfers not being a top 10 team. I'm assuming Moses Moody and the seniors are all gone.

I was told that FSU’s Balsa Koprivica is ready to leave, NBA or not. He’d be fine going home to Serbia and playing. I think the Covid year was tough on him.

Anyway, if he indeed leaves, that is a significant blow to FSU’s chances of being a top 10 team next year. Unless of course they bring in an impact transfer big man.

@dukedevilz this might be enough to give Duke the inside track to an ACC title.

That stinks. Thought he started playing really well in the ACCT. Can't blame him for leaving if he's content for getting a nice payday back home. Would really like to see the ACC become competitive again. Four to six teams in the top 25 would be nice.

If Duke is going to win the ACC regular season, we'll need a big jump from Jeremy Roach, IMO. Would also be helpful if Wendell Moore wouldn't go absent for 10-minute stretches. I have high expectations for Paolo and Mark Williams, arguably a top 3 frontcourt nationally, but you can't win a championship with average guard play.

That stinks. Thought he started playing really well in the ACCT. Can't blame him for leaving if he's content for getting a nice payday back home. Would really like to see the ACC become competitive again. Four to six teams in the top 25 would be nice.

If Duke is going to win the ACC regular season, we'll need a big jump from Jeremy Roach, IMO. Would also be helpful if Wendell Moore wouldn't go absent for 10-minute stretches. I have high expectations for Paolo and Mark Williams, arguably a top 3 frontcourt nationally, but you can't win a championship with average guard play.

But you can definitely win an ACC regular season championship. See UVA 2021 for most recent example.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
UK fan should love the emergence of ARKY and I'm sure the guys posting here do. Arky is a legit traditional power and if you have a real program pushing UK in the SEC like FLA did under Billy I think it's just better for UK, and the entire league. I'll add Tenn/Alabama/Aub make this league much more legit, but having Arky rolling.... yeah, pretty cool and their style is fun right now too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UK fan should love the emergence of ARKY and I'm sure the guys posting here do. Arky is a legit traditional power and if you have a real program pushing UK in the SEC like FLA did under Billy I think it's just better for UK, and the entire league. I'll add Tenn/Alabama/Aub make this league much more legit, but having Arky rolling.... yeah, pretty cool and their style is fun right now too.

It's better for the league absolutely. For UK? Meh. The first 6 years with Cal the SEC was awful and they went to like 4 final fours. Haven't to been one since with the SEC getting better.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's better for the league absolutely. For UK? Meh. The first 6 years with Cal the SEC was awful and they went to like 4 final fours. Haven't to been one since with the SEC getting better.

Coincidence...

2016-2017 was a great team and the 2019-2020 looked like a title contender down the stretch.

Need more evidence to agree with you. Hopefully you'll be able to provide it RollLaugh RollLaugh

Not sure where will we be, but there isn’t a team we can’t beat and hardly as many with as much depth, especially if JT Thor returns...

Well I guess we can put the question about preseason number 1 to rest- has to be Villanova right?

Ehh. Y’all weren’t that good this year.

Eh, it’s not even close to the same team next year so not sure what that has to do with it.

These are all just opinions, we can talk again next year at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT