ADVERTISEMENT

Top ten active coaches going into next season

I wasn’t even comparing to Howard. The point is that it’s ridiculous to bury a coach because he hasn’t killed it in the last couple tourneys. Does he need to go to the Final Four every year for you to keep him on a top 10 list? Clearly his talent just hasn’t been at the usual level. I doubt that it’s a huge factor that he’s a couple years older. Much older coaches have had success.

I’m not making any predictions about the future. I don’t follow their recruiting. Not to mention everything’s wide open with the portal. It’s silly to predict anything right now.

I’m pretty confident that you wouldn’t place a bet on Howard ending his career with more Final Fours than Izzo though.

We aren’t talking about career resumes. Izzo is easily top 10 all time. But he’s coming off the worst two year stretch of his career and is 68 years old next season.

If Izzo is currently a top 5 coach why wouldn’t you take that bet? It shouldn’t be hard to win more tournament games than Howard does during his time at Michigan.

Last edited:
And before NIL Arkansas was also paying players. When folks like you go to the cheating accusations you need to just stop. You are making yourself look like a fvcking moron.

Accusations? The NCAA punished him and his assistant, there were recordings by the FBI. But as an Auburn fan, I can see how there are black/grey levels of cheating.

But back to his record. Auburn just had is best talent wise team in its history and gets bounced badly in their 2nd game of rhe tourney.

That's not poor tradition, that's poor coaching.

I wasn’t even comparing to Howard. The point is that it’s ridiculous to bury a coach because he hasn’t killed it in the last couple tourneys. Does he need to go to the Final Four every year for you to keep him on a top 10 list? Clearly his talent just hasn’t been at the usual level. I doubt that it’s a huge factor that he’s a couple years older. Much older coaches have had success.

I’m not making any predictions about the future. I don’t follow their recruiting. Not to mention everything’s wide open with the portal. It’s silly to predict anything right now.

I’m pretty confident that you wouldn’t place a bet on Howard ending his career with more Final Fours than Izzo though.

MSU
Izzo age 66.
2020/21: 9th place in the Big Ten, lost in the play-in game.

Izzo age 67.
2021/22: 8th place in the Big Ten, lost in the round of 32.

Izzo age 68.
?

What will it take for you to put some equity into the idea that maybe Izzo isn’t the elite coach he used to be? A third straight down year?

Accusations? The NCAA punished him and his assistant, there were recordings by the FBI. But as an Auburn fan, I can see how there are black/grey levels of cheating.

But back to his record. Auburn just had is best talent wise team in its history and gets bounced badly in their 2nd game of rhe tourney.

That's not poor tradition, that's poor coaching.
The recordings were of an auburn assistant steering players to an agent and to leave Auburn. Pearl was cleared by the ncaa. Again when you don’t know what you are talking about it’s best to stfu. LOL at some mtsu t’shirt hog fan

The recordings were of an auburn assistant steering players to an agent and to leave Auburn. Pearl was cleared by the ncaa. Again when you don’t know what you are talking about it’s best to stfu. LOL at some mtsu t’shirt hog fan

Again. How bout that average record. Hell, Muss has wiped the floor 2 years running with half of the talent and no accusations.

Bottom line. Guy doesn't belong on that list. His W/L in the Ncaas isn't good.

Again. How bout that average record. Hell, Muss has wiped the floor 2 years running with half of the talent and no accusations.

Bottom line. Guy doesn't belong on that list. His W/L in the Ncaas isn't good.
Muss finished 4th in the SEc this year. Auburn won the SEC. Arkansas hasn’t won anything in the SEc under musselman. Pearl has also been further in the tourney than musselman has ever been. There is no accusations against pearl. Stop it with that.

Muss finished 4th in the SEc this year. Auburn won the SEC. Arkansas hasn’t won anything in the SEc under musselman. Pearl has also been further in the tourney than musselman has ever been. There is no accusations against pearl. Stop it with that.

Why the show cause?

I was talking about Pearl in this occasion, but Drew and Bennett are both below average tournament coaches. They are very good in regular season though.

I’m not sure you understand what average means. You really think if you took all of the coaches that have coached in the NCAA tournament that Bennett and Drew would be in the bottom half? That’s a pretty bold claim for coaches that have a championship.

If you want to call them underachieving, that would at least make more sense. But that speaks more to expectations based on seeding than anything else.

I’m not sure you understand what average means. You really think if you took all of the coaches that have coached in the NCAA tournament that Bennett and Drew would be in the bottom half? That’s a pretty bold claim for coaches that have a championship.

If you want to call them underachieving, that would at least make more sense. But that speaks more to expectations based on seeding than anything else.
My question would be who is an above average tourney coach if drew and bennett are not?

Reactions: jhmossy
The show cause didn’t come at auburn. How dumb are you?

Smarter than you if you think he cleaned up his act. Guy was a cheater at TN, and is a cheater at Auburn. Most colleges saw his resume and skipped right over him. Not Auburn they embrace that.

Not only is he a cheater, he's an average coach.

Smarter than you if you think he cleaned up his act. Guy was a cheater at TN, and is a cheater at Auburn. Most colleges saw his resume and skipped right over him. Not Auburn they embrace that.

Not only is he a cheater, he's an average coach.
LOL. You sound like a complete loser dude. Guessing the way why you ended Up at a commuter school for college. Pearl was not doing anything that wasn’t happening everywhere else that wins. Nolan Richardson was as dirty as it comes. Arkansas hasn’t won’t shit in the SEC in basketball in over 20 years. Gtfo here

LOL. You sound like a complete loser dude. Guessing the way why you ended Up at a commuter school for college. Pearl was not doing anything that wasn’t happening everywhere else that wins. Nolan Richardson was as dirty as it comes. Arkansas hasn’t won’t shit in the SEC in basketball in over 20 years. Gtfo here

Actually your wrong on many things other than Pearl.

I'm sure, since your team exited early you didn't notice the Hogs playing in their 2nd CONSECUTIVE elite 8 game.

Btw, Arkansas didn't have my major (Airline pilot.), so i was required to attend a different school. As I lived in TN at the time, I chose in state tuition (Airline pilot.)

Actually your wrong on many things other than Pearl.

I'm sure, since your team exited early you didn't notice the Hogs playing in their 2nd CONSECUTIVE elite 8 game.

Btw, Arkansas didn't have my major (Airline pilot.), so i was required to attend a different school. As I lived in TN at the time, I chose in state tuition (Airline pilot.)
An 18 game conference season is far more indicative of a team then a single elimination tourney. Unless you win the title in the tourney it doesn’t mean shit. So yesk arky finished 4th where it mattered.

An 18 game conference season is far more indicative of a team then a single elimination tourney. Unless you win the title in the tourney it doesn’t mean shit. So yesk arky finished 4th where it mattered.
HAAAA...Yeah, when it's all you can claim, that's all that matters. Congrats on your SECRSC. You guys didn't even make it past the first round in the SECT.

Pretty sure you're the first to ever say that B2B E8 isn't important.

In a week and a half, when the final rankings come out. The Hogs will have top 8 consecutive seasons, and yall are barely in the T-25. I'll mean it when I say Congrats. Congrats on one of Bruce's few top 25 seasons. He really deserves it.

Three tourneys ago. And didn’t he win the Big 10 in the Covid year and would have had a 2 seed?

I think even you know this is a silly argument that only a Michigan fan would make.
You’re arguing with a guy that might be mentally handicap.

HAAAA...Yeah, when it's all you can claim, that's all that matters. Congrats on your SECRSC. You guys didn't even make it past the first round in the SECT.

Pretty sure you're the first to ever say that B2B E8 isn't important.

In a week and a half, when the final rankings come out. The Hogs will have top 8 consecutive seasons, and yall are barely in the T-25. I'll mean it when I say Congrats. Congrats on one of Bruce's few top 25 seasons. He really deserves it.
A regular season conference title is far more impressive than an elite 8 appearance. Auburn actually got 1st in something. Auburn has a final 4 just 3 years ago. Something arky hasn’t seen in over 25 years. Congrats on doing nothing that at all. Still laughing at this mtsu dumbfvxk. Let me guess you think Murfreesboro is a great Place as well? Guessing you couldn’t get into to UTK nm so that’s why you went there

A regular season conference title is far more impressive than an elite 8 appearance. Auburn actually got 1st in something. Auburn has a final 4 just 3 years ago. Something arky hasn’t seen in over 25 years. Congrats on doing nothing that at all. Still laughing at this mtsu dumbfvxk. Let me guess you think Murfreesboro is a great Place as well? Guessing you couldn’t get into to UTK nm so that’s why you went there

Haa.. just because you frequent a CBB forum doesn't mean you know anything about college basketball. In my 40 years of following CBB I've never heard someone say anything about winning their regular season championship. It's 100% about postseason. Always has been, always will be.

Since you're comprehension skills suck, I'll say it again. I went to MTSU for its Aviation degree. Yes it was a good school in a cool college town. And MTSU has almost as expansive NCAA history as Auburn.

Haa.. just because you frequent a CBB forum doesn't mean you know anything about college basketball. In my 40 years of following CBB I've never heard someone say anything about winning their regular season championship. It's 100% about postseason. Always has been, always will be.

Since you're comprehension skills suck, I'll say it again. I went to MTSU for its Aviation degree. Yes it was a good school in a cool college town. And MTSU has almost as expansive NCAA history as Auburn.
Again Arkansas didn’t win shit this year. You finished 4th. Murfreesboro as a college town? Lolololol. You continue to be dumber than hell

Again Arkansas didn’t win shit this year. You finished 4th. Murfreesboro as a college town? Lolololol. You continue to be dumber than hell

Well, according to you, since the regular season is all that matters....we did continue our winning streak over the Auburn tigers.

Oh and, yall got beat by 18 to a team that just got beat by 16. Pearl managed to do that with 3 Potential NBA players

Embarrassing.

He says that unless you win it all, how far you make it in the tournament doesn't matter. The regular season championship means more than an elite8.
You lost to Hofstra this season dude. Arkansas didn’t win shit this year. Not that you have any connection to the school at all. Just a loser t’shirt fan

You lost to Hofstra this season dude. Arkansas didn’t win shit this year. Not that you have any connection to the school at all. Just a loser t’shirt fan

And Aub lost to Arkansas. But more importantly, yall got blown out in the 2nd round.

And Aub lost to Arkansas. But more importantly, yall got blown out in the 2nd round.
You beat us by 4 points on your home court and didn’t have to play at auburn. We finished 1st in the SEC because over the course of the season we were better than you. All that Walmart money and Arkansas couldn’t win the sec. We all know you with won’t win the SEC in football either. 6 straight I believe at this point over your shit squad? Poor piggies. 4th place finish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT