ADVERTISEMENT

Top 150 Transfers & Top 25 Transfer Recruiting Classes

Trust me, I don't expect anything from him. That said, I am rooting for him and hope he finds a good home in your program.

This is why you should just keep quiet when his named is mentioned...

Everytime his name is mentioned you hear Kentucky fans talking about how he sucks...

What is funny there are players coming out of high school who are older than Askew.
Askew is still one of the youngest players on the U19 USA Basketball team.

All that talent and still not projected to win the conference must be a bit frustrating
giphy.gif

This is why you should just keep quiet when his named is mentioned...

Everytime his name is mentioned you hear Kentucky fans talking about how he sucks...

What is funny there are players coming out of high school who are older than Askew.
Askew is still one of the youngest players on the U19 USA Basketball team.
I think the only one that might want to keep quiet is the dude that's never had Askew on his team. But go ahead and build this pipe dream where he makes all of us look bad, coming off the bench for a program like Texas 😂

And I told you I'm rooting for him and hope he proves me wrong. The first time I posted this you responded like a douche and told me to keep quiet. Don't make it hard to cheer for him, k?

You should...

If you are rooting for him...Shouldn't be so quick to tell everyone he sucks.

All of your guards at Kentucky would come off the bench at Texas right now.

You know how I know...
When Texas told Washington he wouldn't start the recruiting ended right there🤣
I guess we will see. I'm sure Askew transferred just because Texas has nicer benches than UK does. Its actually because he knows he can compete with your roster and not ours. One seems a little more logical than the other, right?

I can't help but notice Iowa not on any top 25 lists, HS team recruiting rankings or high on new transfers. #sad

I guess we will see. I'm sure Askew transferred just because Texas has nicer benches than UK does. Its actually because he knows he can compete with your roster and not ours. One seems a little more logical than the other, right?

Transferred because of the toxicity of the program last year.
Bad year for everyone involved

Truthfully I would have kept him in the program.

You don’t lose at Kentucky…
Simple as that. To go though a season when you do isn’t great for everyone involved.
A lot of frustrated people who took it out on the players.
Clean slate somewhere else.

With his age you can say that Askew is coming in as a freshman.

You don’t lose at Kentucky…
Simple as that. To go though a season when you do isn’t great for everyone involved.
A lot of frustrated people who took it out on the players.
Clean slate somewhere else.

With his age you can say that Askew is coming in as a freshman.
I get what your saying. However, yes he could have been coming in as a freshman, he also could be coming in a sophomore. He's not underaged for his class.

I was born in July and had I not skipped a grade, I would have been the same class age in my freshman year had I went to college. He's a sophomore of age.No need to use it as an angle.

*note if Indiana didn't hold/make 1st graders 6, I would have graduated at 15.

I get what your saying. However, yes he could have been coming in as a freshman, he also could be coming in a sophomore. He's not underaged for his class.

I was born in July and had I not skipped a grade, I would have been the same class age in my freshman year had I went to college. He's a sophomore of age.No need to use it as an angle.

Following around the kid after he left the program…
Telling everyone he sucks.

Listen to me here. Not a good look. Russell Westbrook’s AAU team most likely going to have some more players…

Just social media
Truthfully don’t think these players should put themselves out there. But they like the attention
Not like Kentucky is the only fanbase…

But there is a difference between someone who is still there and isn’t

If an alien's only knowledge of Texas basketball were Sheriff's posts, he'd think they were in the middle of a Wooden-esque dynasty.

No, Starman...they never make it out of the first round.

Ty ive read about how askew is a year younger than his class for 2 years and its simply not true.

he turned 18 the july after he graduated, just like i did way back when, and he will be 19 next month.

So how many HSers in this years class will be 19 in july. Hell in Kentucky you cant even play high school sports if you turn 18 before the school year starts, which wpuld have been the case for askew had he been in HS last year (i understand diff states have diff rules and he could have always played at a prep academy)

Just tired of reading about how he struggled bc he was a year younger than everyone else in the class. Simply not true.

Updated Rothstein Top 45:

A10:
1. St. Bonaventure (20th nationally)

AAC:
1. Houston (16th nationally)
2. Memphis (41st nationally)
3. Wichita State (42nd nationally)

ACC:
1. Duke (13th nationally)
2. Florida State (17th nationally)
3. Virginia Tech (22nd nationally)
4. North Carolina (23rd nationally)
5. Virginia (26th nationally)
6. Syracuse (27th nationally)
7. Georgia Tech (29th nationally)
8. Louisville (43rd nationally)
9. Notre Dame (44th nationally)

Big 12:
1. Kansas (4th nationally)
2. Baylor (8th nationally)
3. West Virginia (14th nationally)
4. Texas (21st nationally)
5. Oklahoma State (35th nationally)
6. Texas Tech (45th nationally)

Big East:
1. Villanova (3rd nationally)
2. UConn (24th nationally)
3. Xavier (36th nationally)

Big Ten:
1. Ohio State (5th nationally)
2. Purdue (6th nationally)
3. Michigan (9th nationally)
4. Maryland (11th nationally)
5. Michigan State (30th nationally)
6. Indiana (32nd nationally)
7. Illinois (34th nationally)

MVC:
1. Loyola Chicago (28th nationally)

MWC:
1. Nevada (37th nationally)
2. Colorado State (39th nationally)

OVC:
1. Belmont (38th nationally)

PAC 12:
1. UCLA (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (7th nationally)
3. USC (25th nationally)
4. Arizona (40th nationally)

SEC:
1. Auburn (10th nationally)
2. Alabama (12th nationally)
3. Arkansas (15th nationally)
4. Tennessee (18th nationally)
5. Kentucky (19th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (31st nationally)
7. LSU (33rd nationally)

WCC:
1. Gonzaga (1st nationally)

Link

Ty ive read about how askew is a year younger than his class for 2 years and its simply not true.

he turned 18 the july after he graduated, just like i did way back when, and he will be 19 next month.

So how many HSers in this years class will be 19 in july. Hell in Kentucky you cant even play high school sports if you turn 18 before the school year starts, which wpuld have been the case for askew had he been in HS last year (i understand diff states have diff rules and he could have always played at a prep academy)

Just tired of reading about how he struggled bc he was a year younger than everyone else in the class. Simply not true.
Chet Holmgren is older than Devin Askew..

And also much much much much better than Askew. The two aren’t even comparable.

Holmgren hasn’t ever played a college game…
His age and competition played a big role in how people see him.
I would slow down on him. People are blowing him up to a level I don’t think he can reach
He is a big. Of course he will impact games at a much higher level.

Holmgren hasn’t ever played a college game…
His age and competition played a big role in how people see him.
I would slow down on him. People are blowing him up to a level I don’t think he can reach
He is a big. Of course he will impact games at a much higher level.
So bigs automatically impact games more than the PG?

Chet Holmgren is older than Devin Askew..
So 1 out of what 500+ div 1 frosh this year. I mean im sure theres more, but the point remains askew was not a full year younger than everyone in lst years freshmen class, despite the multiple claims about how he was or he should still be in HS.

Updated Rothstein Top 45:

A10:
1. St. Bonaventure (20th nationally)

AAC:
1. Houston (16th nationally)
2. Memphis (41st nationally)
3. Wichita State (42nd nationally)

ACC:
1. Duke (13th nationally)
2. Florida State (17th nationally)
3. Virginia Tech (22nd nationally)
4. North Carolina (23rd nationally)
5. Virginia (26th nationally)
6. Syracuse (27th nationally)
7. Georgia Tech (29th nationally)
8. Louisville (43rd nationally)
9. Notre Dame (44th nationally)

Big 12:
1. Kansas (4th nationally)
2. Baylor (8th nationally)
3. West Virginia (14th nationally)
4. Texas (21st nationally)
5. Oklahoma State (35th nationally)
6. Texas Tech (45th nationally)

Big East:
1. Villanova (3rd nationally)
2. UConn (24th nationally)
3. Xavier (36th nationally)

Big Ten:
1. Ohio State (5th nationally)
2. Purdue (6th nationally)
3. Michigan (9th nationally)
4. Maryland (11th nationally)
5. Michigan State (30th nationally)
6. Indiana (32nd nationally)
7. Illinois (34th nationally)

MVC:
1. Loyola Chicago (28th nationally)

MWC:
1. Nevada (37th nationally)
2. Colorado State (39th nationally)

OVC:
1. Belmont (38th nationally)

PAC 12:
1. UCLA (2nd nationally)
2. Oregon (7th nationally)
3. USC (25th nationally)
4. Arizona (40th nationally)

SEC:
1. Auburn (10th nationally)
2. Alabama (12th nationally)
3. Arkansas (15th nationally)
4. Tennessee (18th nationally)
5. Kentucky (19th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (31st nationally)
7. LSU (33rd nationally)

WCC:
1. Gonzaga (1st nationally)

Link

wonder if he is expecting Dickinson to leave with that ranking

Not going to explain basketball.:

Size matters in the game.

That is why you give me someone who is 6-10 and can move like a guard
People believe Chet is that guy but takes it above 7 feet. We will see

How many players are 6-10 and move like a guard? Because that number is miniscule. Size helps, but Baylor just won the title playing 4 guards. Size surely wasn't that important there.

How many players are 6-10 and move like a guard? Because that number is miniscule. Size helps, but Baylor just won the title playing 4 guards. Size surely wasn't that important there.
Size did matter.

But a totally different type. They had a 6-5 guy who was 260.
Still could move like a guard. Vital

If you ever played basketball those guys are hard because they tend to take up a lot of space. Rather mess with someone taller than me than someone who came in like a football player

They actually played 4 guards a lot of time. But two of those guards were big body guards.

Mitchell was good size as well

God bless i hate to align mysef with sheriff, but size most definitely matters in basketball, way more than any other sport.

Look at how many players make it to the NBA just bc they are freakishly tall like tacko fall, or countless others who probably wouldnt have earned a college scholly if they were 6 inches shorter. Hell pretty much every 7 footer that isnt an absolute stud probably wouldnt have a career in basketball if they were only 6”5-6”6.

not to say a team full of tall players would automatically beat a team of shorter players (a la baylor) but being tall in basketball helps, immensely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT