ADVERTISEMENT

Top 150 Transfers & Top 25 Transfer Recruiting Classes

Kentucky was shit last year...
Wasn't because of just Askew.

Have to separate the two. Askew can play at an all conference level in a power conference. This isn't a homer opinion. This is based on watching him last year at Kentucky and watching some of him in high school

The problem last year was the lack of ball movement...Ball was getting stuck. When it wasn't you saw what Askew could do

He is a combo guard that needs to be in an offense around other guards with similar skillsets
Like Jones and Ramey. Very similar to both in a lot of ways

But Askew does have that second level scoring with his floater..
That even Ramey and Jones haven't mastered
It is very homer. UK was sht and one of the reasons was that Askew was sht.

It is very homer. UK was sht and one of the reasons was that Askew was sht.

Wasn't because he was shit.
Was because he couldn't stepped into the college game and dominate...

This is the problem we have..
Guy should have been a senior in HS. Was playing at Kentucky as a true freshman.
Of course he isn't an OAD. But if you understand basketball...You see a lot there to his game.

Enough where by the time he is an upperclassmen he can be an All Conference Guard.

Especially in a motion offense with other guards around him with similar skillsets.

There is no reason for Kentucky fans to attack the kid..
Like there was no reason for them to attack Boston and Clarke.

Guy should have been a senior in HS. Was playing at Kentucky as a true freshman.
Of course he isn't an OAD. But if you understand basketball...You see a lot there to his game.

Enough where by the time he is an upperclassmen he can be an All Conference Guard.

Especially in a motion offense with other guards around him with similar skillsets.

It was because many of the players were sht, including Askew. Common sense.

We go back to expectations...

I have already read post where people are saying TyTy Washington is an OAD lottery pick

Washington is a lot more raw than Askew was coming into college
If you can’t see the difference between Askew and Washington I don’t know what to tell you. Washington is a wayyyy better shooter, and has one of the highest basketball IQ’s in the class. He’s also probably a better overall athlete.

Askew is a fine player that can still develop with time, but it’s clear he shouldn’t have been a five-star once he reclassified. Same thing with Lander at Indiana.

Reactions: crazyqx83
If you can’t see the difference between Askew and Washington I don’t know what to tell you. Washington is a wayyyy better shooter, and has one of the highest basketball IQ’s in the class. He’s also probably a better overall athlete.

Askew is a fine player that can still develop with time, but it’s clear he shouldn’t have been a five-star once he reclassified. Same thing with Lander at Indiana.

Askew had better HS shooting numbers playing against better competition.

You see it with his FT shooting. Wouldn't be a surprise if he ends up shooting 40% in college

Most true freshman aren't going to be elite...
Matt Coleman wasn't good his freshman year but turned into a solid Big 12 guard

Askew is a better player than Coleman
Saying Askew wasn’t elite this past season is like saying Rosanne isn’t a supermodel. Undersell of sht.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Once again you are talking about a true freshman
99+ out of 100 true freshman PGs aren't elite

Not going to get Suggs.

Suggs probably would have struggled with Kentucky as well though
Askew would have done much better at Gonzaga
Once again, he wasn’t just “not elite” he was sht.

edit: are you seriously comparing Askew to Suggs? LOL.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Once again, he wasn’t just “not elite” he was sht.

edit: are you seriously comparing Askew to Suggs? LOL.

We will see.

You think Askew won't ever be an All Conference caliber player?

Point is...
Almost all true freshman guards will struggle at Kentucky if put into that position.

Suggs had the benefit of playing around older players. Helped his game

Askew didn't. Was playing with other true freshman who were all blamed for the failures of Kentucky last year

We will see.

Point is...
Almost all true freshman guards will struggle at Kentucky if put into that position.

Askew didn't. Was playing with other true freshman who were all blamed for the failures of Kentucky last year
Jesus…ok GilHorn

Reactions: RR30
Askew is unfairly attacked because he wasn't elite as a true freshman

Even the #1 true freshman PG Suggs would have had issues at Kentucky...

So the issue wasn't Askew.
It was Kentucky.

Majority of schools with a true freshman PG will struggle when they have a bunch of freshman around them
Stop saying he wasn’t elite. It’s OK to admit that he had a sht season. Could he improve? Obviously, yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that he had a sht season. #GilHorn

We will see.

Point is...

L
O
L

Most true freshman aren't going to be elite...
Matt Coleman wasn't good his freshman year but turned into a solid Big 12 guard

Askew is a better player than Coleman

Matt Coleman averaged 10/4/2 and a steal his freshman year on 41/29/79 splits with almost a 1.9 to 1 A/TO ratio. Askew was at 6/3/2 on 34/28/81 splits with an 1.5 to 1 A/TO ratio. Coleman was a far superior player in a tougher conference (the SEC was liquid shit last year).

There is a reason why when askew was PG we couldn't score 65 to save our lives and when Cal put Mintz (who isn't really a PG) in, we scored 92 and 73. If you're counting on askew to be anything other than a practice player and occasional 8 mpg guy, your program is pretty much f***Ed.

Once again you are talking about a true freshman
99+ out of 100 true freshman PGs aren't elite

Not going to get Suggs.

Suggs probably would have struggled with Kentucky as well though
Askew would have done much better at Gonzaga
You're an idiot. I'll take that back. You're making idiotic statements. Get your head out of your ass.

Trade suggs and Askew and Kentucky probably loses 3-4 games and gonzaga loses 7 or 8. Zaga's roster is completely overrated outside of suggs and Kentucky couldn't get into a set or get into the lane if their lives depended on it. Askew couldn't drive past a mediocre woman's HS player.

Askew is still a highly capable combo guard at the power conference level.

Expectations of a true freshman were way too high
Not to mention that he isn't a true PG.

He is more of a combo guard. You put him around other ball handlers.

The ability to "get into the lane" off the dribble is extremely overvalued.

The ball and you move faster than you can off the dribble.

The reason why Askew had a lot of problems with Kentucky last year was the fact that any movement whatsoever was nonexistent on offense...

Watch very carefully...
Askew without the ball. Watch how he moves in relation to others when he doesn't have the ball

Things that someone without basketball Knowledge misses

Once again..
Majority of freshman PGs will struggle.

This isn't anything new
Kentucky has literally brought in a new freshman pg every other year that dominates. Green, Harrow, Briscoe, askew, and maybe harrison are the only ones i can think of that really struggled though im sure im missing a couple.

where wall, bledsoe, sga, ullis, knight, teague, hagans were all pretty solid. Somebetter than others obv

Kentucky has literally brought in a new freshman pg every other year that dominates. Green, Harrow, Briscoe, askew, and maybe harrison are the only ones i can think of that really struggled though im sure im missing a couple.

where wall, bledsoe, sga, ullis, knight, teague, hagans were all pretty solid. Somebetter than others obv
I get your overall point, but the Harrisons went to back to back Final Fours (one runner up) and was part of a historical season. I never understand how they're perceived as some kind of failure in their college career.

Reactions: KisteK
I get your overall point, but the Harrisons went to back to back Final Fours (one runner up) and was part of a historical season. I never understand how they're perceived as some kind of failure in their college career.
Your absolutely right. I just meant in the context that they were both top 5? rexruits and didnt doninate and go OaD top 10 pick like wall/knight and like mock drafts projected. They were probably just as good as any of the others in college though. Just got docked in the draft for whatever reason.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You do know this post will make you look bad later on..
Just sayin...Shouldn't have that strong of an opinion about something you are clueless about.
Askew can play at an all conference level in a power conference. This isn't a homer opinion. This is based on watching him last year at Kentucky and watching some of him in high school.

Changing your stance again? Previously, I asked you about Askew and you said that you'd only watched him play three times at Kenutcky - and you thought he looked clueless. Now, he's got the ability of an all-conference performer? Funny how your perception has changed so drastically.

How do you feel about Devin Askew?

Light skin kid?
Truthfully only watches Kentucky like three times.

I think Askew was one of the players that I thought was clueless

Bishop could end up on the bench as well

Possibly. Timmy Allen is versatile enough where he could easily play the 4. He's a pretty good ball handler, too. So, Beard might prefer to play 4 guards around 1 big. Hard to imagine Bishop would transfer from a Sweet 16 team where he started to a diminished role on a team that hasn't won a tournament game in 7 years, however. If I'm a betting man, I'd comfortably take the odds of Bishop starting.

Possibly. Timmy Allen is versatile enough where he could easily play the 4. He's a pretty good ball handler, too. So, Beard might prefer to play 4 guards around 1 big. Hard to imagine Bishop would transfer from a Sweet 16 team where he started to a diminished role on a team that hasn't won a tournament game in 7 years, however. If I'm a betting man, I'd comfortably take the odds of Bishop starting.

He transferred because he doesn't want to play the 5 anymore.
The comments that came from Creighton were because of players like Bishop.

I worry about him. Hopefully everything is out in the open because it could cause issues at Texas as well.

But it wasn't about starting.
Bishop will get minutes and play a lot.

But Beard wants different lineups so he can change how he plays.

Bishop helps here...
Allen helps here

They bring versatility...

But I just worry about if Beard and the coaches think that Bishop matches up at the 5...

Will there be problems.

Allen is another...

There are people who believe Tyson is the #1 player in the state.

What if Tyson shoots better than Allen and can give us more space on the court at times...

Is Allen going to get upset if he isn't playing 31-34 minutes.

Not just Tyson

There is Brock Cunningham and Jase Febres who can play different positions and give the team different things.

Not at the point where words can change anything...

We can discuss this all day but our words won't change anyone's opinion.

People believe Askew can't play basketball
I went through a lot of his games. The ones he played well and the ones he didn't

There is potential there.

His shooting percentage is anomaly to Me but I see why.
Give Askew the chance to step into his shot and he is a great shooter
Give Askew the chance to get a step and he can beat people off the dribble...But he must get the ball.

A lot of players can't break people off the dribble but what they do is break people off the dribble through movement of the ball and without the ball

This is where I see Askew
Plus I see him as someone who has spots on the floor .
Askew isn't a player who will play at a high level by himself...
He needs his teammates

It's interesting how you can quote him from different dates and it'll sound like two different people with completely different takes. Certainly isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe we should just let Sheriff argue with himself.

I said I didn't watch many games and I thought he was one of the players that looked clueless

After watching more...
Askew had two issues ..

A lot of standing around with Kentucky on offense
Then a lot of times the ball was getting stuck

The issues at Kentucky weren't just with Askew.

I see where Askew can have success.....
I see why Chris Beard and the coaching staff would bring him in.

In an offense with ball movement and player movement Askew can have success

Playing around Ramey and Andrew Jones will help his game

But I do have to say...

Beard brought in McClung.

The ball was sticking with McClung last year as well.

But I see Askew at his best when the ball and players were moving.

End of story. None of our words will change what happens.

If he sucks ..
He won't play at Texas

If he can play at an All Conference Level
He will...

It's interesting how you can quote him from different dates and it'll sound like two different people with completely different takes. Certainly isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe we should just let Sheriff argue with himself.
I think this is the move. He tries his hardest, he just has blinding homerism. It’s actually admirable considering it’s Texas.

Reactions: KisteK
I think this is the move. He tries his hardest, he just has blinding homerism. It’s actually admirable considering it’s Texas.

But how do my words change reality..
Could change someone's but ultimately this is something proven on the court.

More than that I am different than you...I support the entire university.

If people want we can make a wager oh where they believe Askew will end his college career at.
I am interested

I hope this isn’t considered doxing but I think I figured out who Sheriff is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT