ADVERTISEMENT

Top 150 Transfers & Top 25 Transfer Recruiting Classes

My entire argument has been that you're wrong to call Caleb Houstan a bad shooter.

You lied to try to support that by saying Houstan's release is low. Yikes.

It’s okay to remember you don’t know what you started an argument about.

And that’s not what I said but you and context don’t really go together.

The funiest thing might be that you said “no one is saying Illinois is top tier” and then you went and said Illinois is right after Gonzaga for the ‘ship. Hahahaha. Mediocre @ss program that hasn’t done sht in 15 yrs and just lost their bagmen.

The funiest thing might be that you said “no one is saying Illinois is top tier” and then you went and said Illinois is right after Gonzaga for the ‘ship. Hahahaha.
A top tier program... like a blue blood. Dude, read the goddamn posts for more than 4 seconds before you try and talk shit. At this point hail is in this for pride, you on the other hand...

A top tier program... like a blue blood. Dude, read the goddamn posts for more than 4 seconds before you try and talk shit. At this point hail is in this for pride, you on the other hand...
Cool so we’re agreed your program was irrelevant for 15 years…

Cool so we’re agreed your program was irrelevant for 15 years…
Agreed. Unfortunately haha. Too bad it isn’t anymore, for you of course. Hopefully Jalen Washington sees your crowded ass frontcourt and sees Kofi leaving...;)

Agreed. Unfortunately haha. Too bad it isn’t anymore, for you of course. Hopefully Jalen Washington sees your crowded ass frontcourt and sees Kofi leaving...;)
Our program isn’t bound to one recruit. Too bad your bagmen are gone…Jalen likely won’t end up at Illinois either…

You literally said Houstan's release is low. This is not a low release. It's a beautiful release.

Illinois sure as hell isn’t Purdue’s biggest threat for him. It’s another program that is far more worrisome.
I mean I wasn’t really saying Illinois was leading, I know thats a pipe dream. Curious though.
Michigan State? UNC? Kentucky?

You literally said Houstan's release is low. This is not a low release. It's a beautiful release.

Go read the first post you responded to. I said not a great shooter. Dude has a hitch that keeps his release lower and slower which is evident. This keeps him from being a plus shooter when he’s match up against other elite talents. No need to rehash what you already know.

I mean I wasn’t really saying Illinois was leading, I know thats a pipe dream. Curious though.
Michigan State? UNC? Kentucky?
Illinois and the programs you just listed are at best a distant 3rd. Purdue’s track record with dudes from the region is high, but the fact that you don’t know what program is the biggest threat tells me you don’t really have the expertise you pretend to have.

• Haha
Reactions: Archetype19
Go read the first post you responded to. I said not a great shooter. Dude has a hitch that keeps his release lower and slower which is evident. This keeps him from being a plus shooter when he’s match up against other elite talents. No need to rehash what you already know.

You legit think this is a low and slow release? His mechanics are textbook. I'm so confused at what you're seeing here.

Illinois and the programs you just listed are at best a distant 3rd. Purdue’s track record with dudes from the region is high, but the fact that you don’t know what program is the biggest threat tells me you don’t really have the expertise you pretend to have.
I do more scouting/player analysis, keeping up with every update in recruits list which are entirely fluid and could change by the day especially in a pandemic is borderline impossible.

I do more scouting/player analysis, keeping up with every update in recruits list which are entirely fluid and could change by the day especially in a pandemic is borderline impossible.
He plays for MeanStreets on the aau circuit. Connect the dots, you don’t have to be a “scout”. Not rocket science.

• Haha
Reactions: Archetype19

I cringe at the idea that you scout players if you think Houstan has a low release.

You legit think this is a low and slow release? His mechanics are textbook. I'm so confused at what you're seeing here.

I’ve been wrong before, I thought Skal Labissiere for Kentucky was gonna be the best thing since sliced bread. To me I see BJ Boston, with slightly more athleticism and much better effort/attitude. Still a good player but not a top 10 nba draft pick.

I’ve been wrong before, I thought Skal Labissiere for Kentucky was gonna be the best thing since sliced bread. To me I see BJ Boston, with slightly more athleticism and much better effort/attitude. Still a good player but not a top 10 nba draft pick.
Dafuq? So we’ve moved the goalposts from shooting to top 10 pick?

He plays for MeanStreets on the aau circuit. Connect the dots, you don’t have to be a “scout”. Not rocket science.
I’m blanking... is there some Meanstreets pipeline that I’m unaware of. I guess Duke got DJ Steward, but so far no offer has been made that I’ve seen.

At no point did Hail say that he would be a top 10 pick. The whole convo was about shooting was it not?
It’s been a straw man argument the whole time... my original post that’s he’s been referring to says “not a great shooter” so....

I’m blanking... is there some Meanstreets pipeline that I’m unaware of. I guess Duke got DJ Steward, but so far no offer has been made that I’ve seen.
Tai Streets runs the program and he is good friends with Juwan. The thought is that Mich and Purdue are out in front.

Not old enough. Truthfully those years were rough, but losing to Loyola-Chicago when a Final Four rematch with Baylor was staring us down was worse. But bring on the pain.

You're not old enough to remember Illinois playing in the Sweet 16? Yikes. No wonder you think we're more concerned about a regular season head-to-head game vs a non-rival.

You're not old enough to remember Illinois playing in the Sweet 16? Yikes. No wonder you think we're more concerned about a regular season head-to-head game vs a non-rival.

Not old enough for it to be relevant to this discussion. 16 years ago is a lifetime in college basketball. I consider whoever is competitive at the highest level to be a rival. So for the time being it seems Juwan has you on that trajectory.

Not old enough for it to be relevant to this discussion. 16 years ago is a lifetime in college basketball. I consider whoever is competitive at the highest level to be a rival. So for the time being it seems Juwan has you on that trajectory.

Maybe when you win more than one tournament game you'll remember how fun it is and why we care more about those than if we lost to Illinois or not.

Overall, it’s a pretty good list. Just nitpicking but I’d probably put Oscar Tshiebwe higher than post players like Tre Mitchell and probably up over Kessler. Dude impacts the game more than stats can show.
I wouldn't have any qualms if someone were to rank Tshiebwe as the best big. Dude is a force in the paint. My only hesitation with him, is he's clearly not a juggernaut on the offensive end. Mitchell and Kessler have are much more capable of putting points on the board.
Arguably a net loss from a talent perspective but Hurley needed a new roster. There were moments last year when Arizona State simply didn't put in the effort needed to compete. This is total speculation but Hurley can rub people the wrong way. It's possible that things went south with a lot of those guys.

I think a new roster could be a good thing for Arizona State, even if it's a less talented one.

Hurley can definitely rub people the wrong way. I don't think that's speculation at all. Perhaps his team quit on him a bit last year. Based on talent, ASU should have been in the top 25 somewhere. But yes, change can often be a good thing. It's remarkable how different some players look when they're under the guidance of a new coach, and they're used differently, and they're more confident in their abilities. We see a plethora of transfers every year that have changed for the better.

So, throw in all of the incoming ASU transfers, along with Luther Muhammad, Jalen Graham, Kimani Lawrence, and 5 freshmen, and yes, all of sudden they're roster is wildly transformed. At first glance, I think they'll be better than next season. Perhaps in the 8-11 seed range for the tournament.

I wouldn't have any qualms if someone were to rank Tshiebwe as the best big. Dude is a force in the paint. My only hesitation with him, is he's clearly not a juggernaut on the offensive end. Mitchell and Kessler have are much more capable of putting points on the board.

Hurley can definitely rub people the wrong way. I don't think that's speculation at all. Perhaps his team quit on him a bit last year. Based on talent, ASU should have been in the top 25 somewhere. But yes, change can often be a good thing. It's remarkable how different some players look when they're under the guidance of a new coach, and they're used differently, and they're more confident in their abilities. We see a plethora of transfers every year that have changed for the better.

So, throw in all of the incoming ASU transfers, along with Luther Muhammad, Jalen Graham, Kimani Lawrence, and 5 freshmen, and yes, all of sudden they're roster is wildly transformed. At first glance, I think they'll be better than next season. Perhaps in the 8-11 seed range for the tournament.

Nice work on the list and appreciate all the additional analysis. It’s been pretty tough to keep up with all the transfers and their landing spots.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Different players and Kessler and Mitchell are better offensively, no doubt about that. I more so just think that Tshiebwe’s ability to guard the pick and roll to the 3 pt line is going to make Kentucky a versatile, defensive team. If his off the court issues are figured out, I think he will be a better version of what he looked like as a freshman.

That’s what makes these lists interesting though, the 10th best player could be as good as 1st if he finds a team that uses him better.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT