ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 best programs right NOW

It was a tough call between you guys and Michigan. I think UM has had higher ranked recruiting classes so I gave them the edge. While they haven't won a title, they did make the NC game back in 2018 and I believe they've been to 6 straight Sweet 16s? Close call either way.

You are terrible at basketball analysis.

Tony Bennett is orders of magnitude better than Corch Ju. I would take Bennett with a 30th ranked team against Corch Ju with the top ranked team.

You are terrible at basketball analysis.

Tony Bennett is orders of magnitude better than Corch Ju. I would take Bennett with a 30th ranked team against Corch Ju with the top ranked team.
Says the guy who can't read...no one said this was purely about picking the school with the coach you prefer. We're including recent success, recruiting, optimal use of the transfer portal and sustainability.

You realize Juwan just took Michigan to an Elite 8 and a Sweet 16 the last 2 years while Bennett's UVA team flamed out to Ohio in the 1st round in 2021 and went to the NIT this year right? Terrible timing on your part to try to dunk on me as if I was ignoring some universal truth.

I'd take Bennett too from just a coaching standpoint but he needs to focus on improving recruiting longterm. This upcoming class which Moss said is top 15 is a good start but UM has stacked up great classes 3 years and Howard looks to be a force on the recruiting trail.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC71-00
Texas Tech since 2018:
90 wins
1 Sweet Sixteen
1 Elite Eight
1 Runner Up

Michigan since 2018:
91 Wins
2 Sweet Sixteens
1 Elite Eight
1 Runner Up

So really no case at all other than I like their coach over Howard. But its close, and like I said, if you took Tech out over Michigan I wouldn't complain.
Tech has 2 elite 8 / 3 sweet 16’s

Recruits love Scott Drew
Players love Scott Drew
Parents love Scott Drew
Even opposing fans love Scott Drew
I love Scott Drew

Kansas (w/bias)
UNC
Nova
Gonzaga
Baylor
Duke
Kentucky
Houston
Zona
UCLA

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Recruits love Scott Drew
Players love Scott Drew
Parents love Scott Drew
Even opposing fans love Scott Drew
I love Scott Drew

Kansas (w/bias)
UNC
Nova
Gonzaga
Baylor
Duke
Kentucky
Houston
Zona
UCLA
Scott Drew is a great coach. He built a program from what was a complete disaster in Waco.

Not last 20 years. Not last 5 or not next 5-10. Right now what are your top 10? From a stability/health, success and coaching standpoint? For a 18 year old kid right now:

1 Baylor
2 KU
3 Nova
4 UNC
5 Gonzaga
6 Houston
7 Arkansas
8 Kentucky
9 Duke
10 UCLA

that’s mine
Literally zero argument to have UCLA above Michigan. I’d say the Arkansas ranking is a bit ambitious as well but they do have big time upside. The rest I agree are top 10.

Literally zero argument to have UCLA above Michigan. I’d say the Arkansas ranking is a bit ambitious as well but they do have big time upside. The rest I agree are top 10.
Zero argument? Really?

For starters, you could argue that UCLA has the better coach and more success since he’s been there. They also have a higher rated recruiting class for next season.

Zero argument? Really?

For starters, you could argue that UCLA has the better coach and more success since he’s been there. They also have a higher rated recruiting class for next season.
Cronin has a longer track record but hasn’t really done anything to prove he’s a better coach. Michigan has been more successful the last few years in a much tougher conference and has a much longer track record of recent success as well (5 consecutive sweet 16’s). Recruiting classes this year are similarly ranked, with 247 for example rating Michigan’s class higher. It’s not like UCLA is bringing in a Duke class next year.

Cronin has a longer track record but hasn’t really done anything to prove he’s a better coach. Michigan has been more successful the last few years in a much tougher conference and has a much longer track record of recent success as well (5 consecutive sweet 16’s). Recruiting classes this year are similarly ranked, with 247 for example rating Michigan’s class higher. It’s not like UCLA is bringing in a Duke class next year.
But they haven’t been more successful the last few years. UCLA’s been better since Cronin arrived (last three years). And there’s no reason to expect more from Howard than Cronin going forward.

I didn’t say their recruiting class was far better, but they have a couple 5 stars and Michigan has 0.

Remember, you said there’s zero argument for UCLA. That’s what I’m disputing.

Clinging onto that reg-season SECC.

Other than that...congrats on your early exit from both tourneys.
We have a final 4. Something Arkansas hasn’t seen at all in the last 5 years. So again move along commuter school

This is example 1A of Duke fans not understanding basketball.

Carolina just ended your HOF coach's career, your team's season and ruined CBBs most hyped regular season game in history, yet you are skeptical about UNC? That's a great take.

It's not that Carolina is as good as Duke, it's that Carolina is better than Duke in every way, shape and form.
Reading his posts, it’s obvious he was scarred more than most Duke posters on this board when Carolina ended K’s career.

Reactions: UNC71-00
We have a final 4. Something Arkansas hasn’t seen at all in the last 5 years. So again move along commuter school

Arkansas has B2B E8. And scoreboard, many times over.

Aubs is just a shyt program that's had just a little success.

And they are cheaters in football (and bball) OMG! Cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely a second tier program in the state of Alabama.

Reactions: mtsuhog85

Again auburn has accomplished more in the last 5 years than Arkansas has in basketball. 3 sec titles to your none and a final 4 is better than an elite 8. Combine that with auburn beating you in football 8 out of the last 9 years. Including the last 6 straight. Maybe one day rook you will get on auburns level

Again auburn has accomplished more in the last 5 years than Arkansas has in basketball. 3 sec titles to your none and a final 4 is better than an elite 8. Combine that with auburn beating you in football 8 out of the last 9 years. Including the last 6 straight*. Maybe one day rook you will get on auburns level

ADVERTISEMENT