ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 best programs right NOW

RockChalk82

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Not last 20 years. Not last 5 or not next 5-10. Right now what are your top 10? From a stability/health, success and coaching standpoint? For a 18 year old kid right now:

1 Baylor
2 KU
3 Nova
4 UNC
5 Gonzaga
6 Houston
7 Arkansas
8 Kentucky
9 Duke
10 UCLA

that’s mine

Arkansas >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Auburn
Auburn def top 15. But Arky over auburn for now imo. Musselman more sustainable. Worried pearl going to get some violations again soon

next 5:

Michigan
Illinois
Auburn
Texas tech
Tennessee

Auburn def top 15. But Arky over auburn for now imo. Musselman more sustainable. Worried pearl going to get some violations again soon

next 5:

Michigan
Illinois
Auburn
Texas tech
Tennessee
Worried about violations? Wtf? Hilarious coming from a Kansas fan whose program is actually still under investigation. Yet you have them 2. Pearl just got cleared by the ncaa 5 months ago and auburn is no longer under investigation. Not to mention in the NLI era. You aren’t going to be seeing anyone get in trouble anytime soon. Once the fbi cases are done the ncaa is pretty much useless. I wouldn’t have auburn either in the top 10 but you can’t really justify Arkansas being there also

Last edited:
This is a flavor of the month type of thing. Prime example being anyone with UNC high on their list. Would they have been there a month ago? I very seriously doubt it. The same hype happened last year with UCLA after they went from First Four to Final Four. Many even proclaimed them as their pre-season #1. They ended up as a 4 seed that lost in the Sweet 16.

Not last 20 years. Not last 5 or not next 5-10. Right now what are your top 10? From a stability/health, success and coaching standpoint? For a 18 year old kid right now:

1 Baylor
2 KU
3 Nova
4 UNC
5 Gonzaga
6 Houston
7 Arkansas
8 Kentucky
9 Duke
10 UCLA

that’s mine
Why would you put Baylor ahead of Kansas?

Kansas was better in 2020, Baylor better in 2021, and Kansas better in 2022.

Baylor, though, was an NIT team in 2019.

I mean, it’s not outrageous, but, at worst, they’ve basically been tied over the last few years, while Kansas is at the top of the hill right now (just as Baylor was 12 months ago).

Wouldn't you just use the recruiting rankings to see what programs 18 year olds are choosing?

If you want to incorporate recent success and the quality of coaching in addition to recruiting and good use of the transfer portal, my list would look like this:

1. Kansas
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. Baylor
5. Arkansas
6. Villanova
7. UNC
8. UCLA
9. Houston
10. Michigan

This is a flavor of the month type of thing. Prime example being anyone with UNC high on their list. Would they have been there a month ago? I very seriously doubt it. The same hype happened last year with UCLA after they went from First Four to Final Four. Many even proclaimed them as their pre-season #1. They ended up as a 4 seed that lost in the Sweet 16.
I'm always skeptical about UNC and their recruiting but they always find recruits ranked #30-100 who start out slow, don't translate to the NBA and end up sticking around their whole college careers and their teams end up being as good as Duke's 5 star loaded freshman squads.

I guess you gotta credit their player development but other good programs have plenty of upperclassmen who end up busting and never really improving. I'm hopeful that regression is coming.

I'm always skeptical about UNC and their recruiting but they always find recruits ranked #30-100 who start out slow, don't translate to the NBA and end up sticking around their whole college careers and their teams end up being as good as Duke's 5 star loaded freshman squads.

I guess you gotta credit their player development but other good programs have plenty of upperclassmen who end up busting and never really improving. I'm hopeful that regression is coming.
That was true under Roy, who somehow convinced a lot of 5* talent to stick around Chapel Hill for 3-4 years too, but it remains to be seen how that will translate with Hubert. Gonna be a lot more roster turnover within every program now with free agency as well, as we've already seen.

I mean, it’s not outrageous, but, at worst, they’ve basically been tied over the last few years, while Kansas is at the top of the hill right now (just as Baylor was 12 months ago).
He probably wanted to appear slightly objective.

Exactly one season in which they fielded a better team than KU and suddenly they're the better program. 🤣

I mean...maybe if KU were still struggling in recruiting but they have a really good incoming class.

because in 2020 Baylor was almost even with KU. Beat us in Allen. They were the same team as 2021. They could have won 2020 over us. Who knows?

they won 2021. Could have won either 2020 or 2022 as well (latter if healthy).

if fully healthy, which we were, they could have been playing us for it all this year. They had their leading scorer out for the last 1/4 of the season and still secured a 1 seed. Also Tchawaia out half the season.

Pretty interesting to me that no one has UVA in their top 10 despite winning a national championship 3 years ago and finishing in the top 2 of the ACC regular season more often than not. Add to that a top 15 recruiting class for 2022 and I think we're top 10 program worthy.

Arkansas also got to play New Mexico at. And oral Robert’s in sweet 16 and round of 32 games on their paths to elite 8. Auburn had to go through this to get to the final 4.

4 seed kansas
1 seed north carolina
2 seed Kentucky

the 3 best programsof all time

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
because in 2020 Baylor was almost even with KU. Beat us in Allen. They were the same team as 2021. They could have won 2020 over us. Who knows?

they won 2021. Could have won either 2020 or 2022 as well (latter if healthy).

if fully healthy, which we were, they could have been playing us for it all this year. They had their leading scorer out for the last 1/4 of the season and still secured a 1 seed. Also Tchawaia out half the season.
This "same team as 2020" nonsense is just that. KU was the same team this year as last year, except for trading Remy Martin for Garrett. Players improve. KU finished 2020 on a 16-game win streak and Baylor lost three of their last five, including at home vs KU.

Baylor wasn't the only team with injuries this year. KU basically won the Big 12 without Remy Martin, and gave Baylor their worst beatdown in years. They're also expected to field the better team next year.

Baylor's become a really good program, but it's strange timing to argue that they've surpassed a program that's arguably had the best team in the nation twice in three years.

More EE's and the same number of FF wins.
I hate Auburn, and I think Arkansas is better placed going forward … but you’re cherry-picking.

Also, the notion here that the NCAA Tournament isn’t just the most important thing but literally the only thing that matters, rendering conference champions meaningless, is nothing less than ******ed.

Baylor wasn't the only team with injuries this year. KU basically won the Big 12 without Remy Martin, and gave Baylor their worst beatdown in years.
People also forget that D-Mac, preseason All Big 12 first-teamer and the guy who should have been the 2022 Tournament MOP, was in a walking boot much of the year.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I hate Auburn, and I think Arkansas is better placed going forward … but you’re cherry-picking.

Also, the notion here that the NCAA Tournament isn’t just the most important thing but literally the only thing that matters, rendering conference champions meaningless, is nothing less than ******ed.
I'm just seeing how many times the Auburn football fan will respond.

Pretty interesting to me that no one has UVA in their top 10 despite winning a national championship 3 years ago and finishing in the top 2 of the ACC regular season more often than not. Add to that a top 15 recruiting class for 2022 and I think we're top 10 program worthy.
It was a tough call between you guys and Michigan. I think UM has had higher ranked recruiting classes so I gave them the edge. While they haven't won a title, they did make the NC game back in 2018 and I believe they've been to 6 straight Sweet 16s? Close call either way.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT