ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Games - Not bad!

Reactions: hawkit3113

I was at this game. Behind the backboard. Very nice crowd with no local team in the POD.

Misleading score. Iowa whipped that ass.

Nice!!!! My grandfather was a basketball coach and huge fan, and when he passed away, we found a program from the NCAA tournament in the mid 60s that was played at Iowas old arena.

It had UK, Western Kentucky, Loyola, Dayton, Michigan.......

UK beat Michigan in the Mideast final. It was pretty cool.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Nice!!!! My grandfather was a basketball coach and huge fan, and when he passed away, we found a program from the NCAA tournament in the mid 60s that was played at Iowas old arena.

It had UK, Western Kentucky, Loyola, Dayton, Michigan.......

UK beat Michigan in the Mideast final. It was pretty cool.
First game of the set was Georgetown vs Memphis, I think Memphis ended up in the Final Four.

Sleepy Floyd man, that dude was so fast for Georgetown. It's just different in the gym than on TV. But man Memphis had BIG dudes. A couple 7 footers Keith Lee and William Bedford. That game was for men.

Iowa Mizzou was interesting Mizzou had literally 2 good players it was like Sunvold and Stipanovich just passed it back and forth to each other. The game was much slower than the first, but it was more polished really. Iowa was running half court sets I mean everything worked it was kind of a layup drill really.

First game of the set was Georgetown vs Memphis, I think Memphis ended up in the Final Four.

Sleepy Floyd man, that dude was so fast for Georgetown. It's just different in the gym than on TV. But man Memphis had BIG dudes. A couple 7 footers Keith Lee and William Bedford. That game was for men.

Iowa Mizzou was interesting Mizzou had literally 2 good players it was like Sunvold and Stipanovich just passed it back and forth to each other. The game was much slower than the first, but it was more polished really. Iowa was running half court sets I mean everything worked it was kind of a layup drill really.

That is cool. Des Moines is starting to throw there hat in the ring for NCAA tournament games. I was going to go, but the ticket prices were much higher than I expected.

It returns in 2023

Lute had some really good teams, that seemed snake bit in March, outside of our run in 79-80
For sure man I just remember the offense was like a machine vs Mizzou. Kinda hard to really explain but it's like halfway through each set you could see guys breaking open about to score before they even had the ball.

For sure man I just remember the offense was like a machine vs Mizzou. Kinda hard to really explain but it's like halfway through each set you could see guys breaking open about to score before they even had the ball.

I miss those teams. They would scoot. Was Norm Stewart the coach at Mizzou?

I miss those teams. They would scoot. Was Norm Stewart the coach at Mizzou?
I think he was. Sunvold was pure shooter he did knock down shots when he was open but I am pretty sure Iowa blitzed them real early in that game. I had to convince pop to stay for the 2nd half. He said, "This shit is over" but I was like come on that dude for Mizzou can shoot. But it was over. The lead def got 20+

RollLaugh

• Haha
Perma ban bet for any takers. Iowa over Purdue.
Bet

arnold-schwarzenegger-meme-brothers-in-arms.gif

• Love
We looked like shit tonight. Lucky to get the win.

ADVERTISEMENT