ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean won a conference title in year 4 at Indiana

IU has been down for quite some time now. Just like UK was. I believe it's going to take someone unique to alter that course, like hiring a Calipari. Without him, we might still be playing satisfactory basketball, but nothing special. It's possible that may take a while.

I think a great IU program is good for the game.

Yes. In 5 years he'll win more games in one season than Crean did in his first 3 years combined.

It would surprise me.

Me too but the schedule looks weak. Obviously that can change once the season starts.
I'm with you here...I'm fairly confident that they wont be winning it this year, but if they do, it wont be a earth shattering surprise..post people are thinking they will end up in the top tier of the standings. So it's not like were looking at a roster like creams 1st season.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
It would surprise me.
Why? IU brings in a Top 10 class; 1st in the BIG. Return Morgan(BTPOY candidate), Green, SMith, Davis, Durham and McRoberts. I mean who in the Big 10 screams, "elite"? Schedule seems favorable. IU will have as much talent(albeit young) as anyone. Most are predicting them to beat a top tier team in the conference anyways. So....What would be so shocking?

Edit: Forgot the addition of Fitzner. A 6'10" dude who can shoot the ball; hit 90-97 three's in a recent drill.

An yeah I know...."But last year Borden, you said..............". Blah, blah. That was last year.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Why? IU brings in a Top 10 class; 1st in the BIG. Return Morgan(BTPOY candidate), Green, SMith, Davis, Durham and McRoberts. I mean who in the Big 10 screams, "elite"? Schedule seems favorable. IU will have as much talent(albeit young) as anyone. Most are predicting them to beat a top tier team in the conference anyways. So....What would be so shocking?

Edit: Forgot the addition of Fitzner. A 6'10" dude who can shoot the ball; hit 90-97 three's in a recent drill.

An yeah I know...."But last year Borden, you said..............". Blah, blah. That was last year.

Did you become more objective this year? Why wouldn’t you being over confident be considered when reading your analysis?

Did you become more objective this year? Why wouldn’t you being over confident be considered when reading your analysis?
SO I was wrong about last year. Ok. Soooooo, let me ask---How many times have you been wrong about Michigan football over the years? Should I disregard everything you say in relation to UM football, simply b/c you've been wrong in the past? r is that different?

SO I was wrong about last year. Ok. Soooooo, let me ask---How many times have you been wrong about Michigan football over the years? Should I disregard everything you say in relation to UM football, simply b/c you've been wrong in the past? r is that different?

I admit I over rate Michigan football sometimes. Do you admit you overrate Indiana basketball?

I admit I over rate Michigan football sometimes. Do you admit you overrate Indiana basketball?
Certainly have. Last year I underestimated how weak we were at PG. Didn't think Johnson would stink up 3/4 of a year either. I thought Newkirk would be better and felt JOhnson would have a solid senior year. They didn't. It killed us.

What does that have to do with this year, though?

Certainly have. Last year I underestimated how weak we were at PG. Didn't think Johnson would stink up 3/4 of a year either. I thought Newkirk would be better and felt JOhnson would have a solid senior year. They didn't. It killed us.

What does that have to do with this year, though?

Do you think you could be underestimating how weak you are at any positions this year? Do you think there are players that might not be as good as you are insisting?

Do you think you could be underestimating how weak you are at any positions this year? Do you think there are players that might not be as good as you are insisting?
Sure I could be. Thing is, even then, we will still be better at those positions(than last year). A "not as good as I thought he would be" Romeo Langford is still going to be a huge upgrade over Robert Johnson. Or a "not as good as I thought he would be" Green or Phinisee is still going to be an upgrade over Newkirk. Jerome Hunter, a Top 50 kid, will be an upgrade over Freddie McSwain. Regardless or not if he's as good as I think he could be. So sure Hail, I could be underestimating. But even then, it will still be an upgrade to what we had.

Sure I could be. Thing is, even then, we will still be better at those positions(than last year). A "not as good as I thought he would be" Romeo Langford is still going to be a huge upgrade over Robert Johnson. Or a "not as good as I thought he would be" Green or Phinisee is still going to be an upgrade over Newkirk. Jerome Hunter, a Top 50 kid, will be an upgrade over Freddie McSwain. Regardless or not if he's as good as I think he could be. So sure Hail, I could be underestimating. But even then, it will still be an upgrade to what we had.

Well, yes I'd hope you'd be better than a team that finished 1 game over .500.

Well, yes I'd hope you'd be better than a team that finished 1 game over .500.
Do one of two things: 1. Take the laptop away from your wife, or 2....Quit letting your buddy post. Making you look awfully bad. And thats saying a lot.

Do one of two things: 1. Take the laptop away from your wife, or 2....Quit letting your buddy post. Making you look awfully bad. And thats saying a lot.

You're here bragging about being better than a 16-15 team. Cool.

It would still be surprising for Indiana to win the conference, even if they are better than the 16 win 2017/18 squad.

Regular season or tourney, I'd lean closer to yes than no (by year 4 or 5).

This first class he's nabbed is a great foundation to keep building on.

Haha so much Archie confidence
You're right...there was a bunch of confidence in the hire...by nearly all the media. Actually, it would be more impressive if you could find many actual national media outlets who didn't think that he was a home run hire from back then.

You're right...there was a bunch of confidence in the hire...by nearly all the media. Actually, it would be more impressive if you could find many actual national media outlets who didn't think that he was a home run hire from back then.

Haha

ADVERTISEMENT