ADVERTISEMENT

Today Kansas deserves the overall #1 seed

This is about resume, not eye test. Alabama might be a better team than KU, but their resume isn’t close. They have about half as many quad 1 wins and are 1-3 vs the AP top 25.

But I also question that they’re better. Let alone a lot better. Sure, they pass the eye test vs weak competition. They also lost to the worst team in the Big 12 by about 30. A team that’s lost 8 of their last 9 in the Big 12.
No bias here... nothing to see.

No bias here... nothing to see.

You’re right. All I see are facts. KU now has twice as many quad 1 wins as Alabama. Alabama is 1-3 vs the top 25 with a 30 pt beatdown delivered by the weakest team from the conference that KU leads.

But Bama is probably the 96 Bulls. Because, y’know, they blow out bad teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Kansas has some quality wins. Most in the country, correct? They should be in contention. I still would probably give it to Purdue but it’s up for grabs.

I totally agree with the Q1 part as of right now, but if they lost out they wouldn't have a big lead. That would mean everyone else would have caught up to them and in some cases, surpassed them in Q1 wins. It just wouldn't happen with that many losses.

They'd be 13-9 in Q1. Not a good percentage.

How would everyone else catch up in that scenario? Houston has no chance of catching up. They'd be lucky to end up with half as many quad 1 wins even if KU lost every game left. And I'm pretty sure Alabama has no chance of catching up either.

Purdue is the only team that would have a chance, and they'd probably have to win out while KU lost every game.

It will be interesting to see how Utenn and TCU fair the rest of the season. TCU has lost 6 of 8 and Utenn 4 of 6. It would be insane to play against those two teams as a 5,6,7 seed.

It will be interesting to see how Utenn and TCU fair the rest of the season. TCU has lost 6 of 8 and Utenn 4 of 6. It would be insane to play against those two teams as a 5,6,7 seed.
With the parity it's possible both those teams go home after the first game. Not saying they will.

With the parity it's possible both those teams go home after the first game. Not saying they will.
Yep---right now it looks like Arkansas could be our 2nd round matchup as a #1 seed. I think we are going to see some crazy competitive 1st and second round games that will equal 3 and 4th round games.

Yep---right now it looks like Arkansas could be our 2nd round matchup as a #1 seed. I think we are going to see some crazy competitive 1st and second round games that will equal 3 and 4th round games.
I could see 2 or 3 #1 seeds losing the first weekend. I could see some scenarios where none of them make it to the FF or even the EE. Just so much parity this year.

I'm curious to see how KU comes out and plays this year. Will we play loose since we won a title and there's little pressure? Last year you could see us play tight a couple of times. But I remember in '09 we came out playing loose due to winning it all the year before. We just ran into a far superior Michigan State team, but we did lead the game for about 38 minutes before making a few mental errors and some big plays on Michigan State's part.

Reactions: toonces11
If TCU can get the big guy's conditioning back up to par, I could see them making a deep run. But then again they do struggle shooting the ball at times and if they have one of those nights, they very well lose their first game. But if they play loose and hit open shots, they can easily make a S16/EE or maybe even FF.

How would everyone else catch up in that scenario? Houston has no chance of catching up. They'd be lucky to end up with half as many quad 1 wins even if KU lost every game left. And I'm pretty sure Alabama has no chance of catching up either.

Purdue is the only team that would have a chance, and they'd probably have to win out while KU lost every game.
You are correct on Houston, but Alabama would at least get a few more from the end of the season and a few from their conference tourney. I figured if they get 3-4 more, then they are essentially caught up. As much as they can be at least.

I think Vegas would do a better job seeding than the NCAA. They would not be restricted to not making false seedings in order to prevent conference match-ups, If a #1 seed and #2 seed meet up in the regional final, a true #1 seed would be playing the #8 overall. There would be no made for TV story lines like Rick Barnes versus Texas. It also gets really sickening every year when 10 Big 10 teams get in very year and 8 lose in the first round. Let the people that make money on sports seed and keep the politics in DC.

I think Vegas would do a better job seeding than the NCAA. They would not be restricted to not making false seedings in order to prevent conference match-ups, If a #1 seed and #2 seed meet up in the regional final, a true #1 seed would be playing the #8 overall. There would be no made for TV story lines like Rick Barnes versus Texas. It also gets really sickening every year when 10 Big 10 teams get in very year and 8 lose in the first round. Let the people that make money on sports seed and keep the politics in DC.
This is a bit of a stretch, but I don't totally disagree that too many get in.

FpokOm6WIAAZ4uR

ADVERTISEMENT