ADVERTISEMENT

Today, I lost my father to an unexpected death

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
He was 63 years young. I don’t know why I’m posting this here but I’m trying to cope by normalizing my life as best I can. It puts things in perspective so very quickly. I hope that each of you will call your parents and loved ones and tell them that you love them. You never know when you will no longer have that opportunity.

I am sorry for your loss. Having lost my father several years ago, I know what you are feeling. Embrace the good memories and the values he taught you and it will be easier to celebrate his life rather than mourn his death.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
He was 63 years young. I don’t know why I’m posting this here but I’m trying to cope by normalizing my life as best I can. It puts things in perspective so very quickly. I hope that each of you will call your parents and loved ones and tell them that you love them. You never know when you will no longer have that opportunity.

Very sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Moss I am sorry. I wish I had some words to say that would help. But unfortunately, there are none. My wife and I will most certainly pray for you and your family.

Can't imagine. That just really sucks. Sorry to hear.

As an adult (barely), the hardest thing I've learned so far is watching your parents age. I don't even want to imagine what you're going through right now. Sorry for your loss..

giphy.gif

:(

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Sorry to hear this buddy. Post about it all you need/want here man.. I know I spend more time on the football side of the board, but there are some great people around here. Many always up to chat or hell, get drunk and post with you if that is how you do things.

Oh Moss, I’m so sorry to hear that man:( my best to you and yours, especially your mother.

That sucks man, sorry for your loss. Here's a little something to boost your spirits.

gay_judaism.jpg

Very sorry to hear it, mossy. I pray that you're supported through your grief and find some peace and comfort through it.

I really would like to make a joke because you strike me as the type of person who would appreciate that, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Hang in there man.

You will never be with out your father he,s in your Heart Mind and Soul, your love for him will bring you through it So Sorry for the loss.

Man I’m sorry to hear this. The three most important people in my life besides my son was my mom and both grandmas and I lost them all pretty close together and it gets to me to this very day. I still reach for the phone to call them all the time before I remember they ain’t there anymore. It’s rough man and I wish I could say it gets easier but to me it feels the same now as it did when I lost them. Prayers man!

My thoughts are with you jhmossy. 63 is a young age to go.

I lost my father in 1975. It was really hard to take.

You will know that things are back on track when you think about your Dad and can smile again. It took me 3 years to get to that point after my Dad passed. It hurts now, but it will get better.

ADVERTISEMENT