ADVERTISEMENT

***Thursday NCAA Tournament Live Game Thread***

Well he absolutely shut down the hottest player in the Big Ten. Edwards game into that game averaging like 28 points a game over the final 2 weeks and couldn’t do anything against Simpson.

Out of sight out of mind. Was out hunting. One game or weekend doesn’t make one an elite defender though.

Out of sight out of mind. Was out hunting. One game or weekend doesn’t make one an elite defender though.

Well he was a great defender all year and then turned it up to elite in the postseason. He held Watson Jr., Cassius Winston, and Carsen Edwards to a combined 11 of 38 (28.9%) shooting over a 3 day stretch. Those are three damn good players that he shut down back to back to back. This sounds like sour grapes over Simpson giving Wisconsin the shaft.

So Simpson made Edwards force shots and this is a bad thing? Are you ****ing stupid?
No. Let me type it slower. Edwards has never met a shot he didn't like. It's not Simpson who had him taking dumb shots. It's what he does against everyone. He usually makes his fair share which is why Painter gives him a longer leash than probably anyone who has ever played for him.

Again, Simpson played great D on him. But I don't think Simpson had much to do with Carsen's shot selection.

Well he was a great defender all year and then turned it up to elite in the postseason. He held Watson Jr., Cassius Winston, and Carsen Edwards to a combined 11 of 38 (28.9%) shooting over a 3 day stretch. Those are three damn good players that he shut down back to back to back. This sounds like sour grapes over Simpson giving Wisconsin the shaft.

I couldn’t care less that we didn’t get him. I was not impressed with his high school highlights. He was in the meh group after we missed on the two guys I wanted.

Simpson definitely played very good defense but Carsen missed some looks he had been making consistently throughout the Big Ten season.

Beilein seems content letting this play out as a defensive game and MAAR and Matthews are better on D

Was ugly. I was afraid that would happen after a 1.5 week layoff. If they could hit some free throws they would’ve won by like 25. Oh well.

Saturday schedule:
12:10- Villanova-Alabama
2:40- Duke-Rhode Island
5:15- Kentucky-Buffalo
6:10- Tennessee-Loyola Chicago
7:10- Kansas-Seton Hall
7:45- Gonzaga-Ohio St.
8:40- Texas Tech-Florida
9:40- Michigan-Houston

Bama is gonna be dangerous for Villanova. Especially with Petty being on fire shooting the ball.
Happy to see UK's bracket fall the right way for once. Just need UK to take care of a good Buffalo team.

Saturday schedule:
12:10- Villanova-Alabama
2:40- Duke-Rhode Island
5:15- Kentucky-Buffalo
6:10- Tennessee-Loyola Chicago
7:10- Kansas-Seton Hall
7:45- Gonzaga-Ohio St.
8:40- Texas Tech-Florida
9:40- Michigan-Houston

Saturday looks like a good day to play golf then.

ADVERTISEMENT