ADVERTISEMENT

Throwback game UCLA vs Kansas 2007

954gator

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2007
I figured I'd post this game I just found on the tube in the wake of UCLA going out in the play in game. Imagine, back then they were soo stacked that a freshman stud like Russell Westbrook couldn't get significant minutes! Those were the days!

Last edited:
NCAA needs UCLA to be great again.
That shot at the 4:43 mark summarizes KU’s tourney luck. I don’t know how many buzzer beating threes they hit, but it seems like teams hit an insane amount of those shots against us come tourney time. Self needs to sacrifice a chicken or something and appease the basketball gods.

I figured I'd post this game I just found on the tube in the wake of UCLA going out in the play in game. Imagine, back then they were soo stacked that a freshman stud like Russell Westbrook couldn't get significant minutes! Those were the days!

I don’t think UCLA’s problem has been a lack of ‘stackness’.

Game was awful. Op should be banned for bringing this here.
source.gif

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I don’t think UCLA’s problem has been a lack of ‘stackness’.
It's the era. Kid's that have little to no shot of playing time in the NBA are leaving after one/two years.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the year we were a 1-seed and they gave us a 2-seed with the regional in their home town. KU gets all the breaks.

Holy hell! We had a series of great title games with Texas. The next year might have been an even more epic game.
Check youtube. NCAA put a shit ton of great full games there Confident that one is there. I figured I'd put this one since Kansas beat the other half of the future OKC duo.
Durant was as good as it gets in college.

Was one hell of a comeback though for Kansas. Texas started out HOT.

This was the game KU missed 38 shots within 3’ of the basket and ucla had by far their best shooting game of the tournament.

Reactions: 954gator
ADVERTISEMENT