ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Sacha Baron Cohen’s new Showtime special “who is America”?

My thought is it's hard to believe believe are that stupid. Especially people who are successful/ allegedly intelligent.

The Ali G or this? Because this is hilarious watching these Republicans make themselves look like the absolute morons they truly are.
I tried to watch the first episode but couldn't get through the redneck character he was playing while interviewing Sanders. I saw clips of the mosque town hall and thought that was hilarious. but one quick question, do you think all Republicans are morons? asking for a friend.

I don't see it, this is some young dikey Aussie standup, whereas Sacha has been taking on faux roles for quite some time, garnering high profile people to buy into his script, then flip it around on them and make them look foolish.

It falls into the "trying too hard. annoying." category for me.

I tried to watch the first episode but couldn't get through the redneck character he was playing while interviewing Sanders. I saw clips of the mosque town hall and thought that was hilarious. but one quick question, do you think all Republicans are morons? asking for a friend.
I never said that, but you sure seem curious.Tell your friend to ask a more thought out question. The Republicans he's duped in these interviews sure seem moronic, wouldn't you say?

I never said that, but you sure seem curious.Tell your friend to ask a more thought out question. The Republicans he's duped in these interviews sure seem moronic, wouldn't you say?
this is why i asked for clarification before it turned into "all Republicans are morons" by some others on this board.

I think South Park does a better job making fun of both parties. Mostly because it's actually funny.
South Park is a cartoon. These are real life people pulling down their pants and shouting the N word, and Joe Arpaio who Trump pardoned, saying he'd gladly receive a blow job from DJT. See the difference?

South Park is a cartoon. These are real life people pulling down their pants and shouting the N word, and Joe Arpaio who Trump pardoned, saying he'd gladly receive a blow job from DJT. See the difference?

If the goal is comedy I'd rather watch something I actually find funny.

it's sarcasm man, when the **** have i ever been rustled on this board?
giphy.gif

This sums it up for me:

"In other words, 12 years on from Borat, we are so past the point at which we could believe in a single, stable version of reality that Baron Cohen’s methods don’t feel invigorating, or as though they’re advancing the conversation around politics or comedy."

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/7/...oy-moore-sarah-palin-who-is-america-fake-news

Maybe I'm dull. I love comedy like Bill Burr, Mitch Hedberg, and Louis C.K. I don't like comedy like Jeff Dunham or Gallagher. Sacha Cohen comes off as the latter (trying too hard) to me.

This sums it up for me:

"In other words, 12 years on from Borat, we are so past the point at which we could believe in a single, stable version of reality that Baron Cohen’s methods don’t feel invigorating, or as though they’re advancing the conversation around politics or comedy."

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/7/...oy-moore-sarah-palin-who-is-america-fake-news

Maybe I'm dull. I love comedy like Bill Burr, Mitch Hedberg, and Louis C.K. I don't like comedy like Jeff Dunham or Gallagher. Sacha Cohen comes off as the latter (trying too hard) to me.
LOL Sarah Palin and Roy Moore were "tricked". Wonder why?

I think they were the "stupid" Republicans referred to above. You have to be honest, they are pretty stupid. But, it sounds like Palin's might not even make it on the air.

There are some politicians that blow my mind about how stupid they are.

Go Gata

Guy is a genius at social engineering. Would be a hell of a hacker. It’s amazing what people will agree to just to avoid conflict... or when they drop their guard when they deduce the guy is too crazy to present any threat.

You know, I got corrected on the snowflake thing once… It isn’t about melting under pressure easily, it’s about thinking you are unique and special. It’s a fight club reference :)

ADVERTISEMENT