ADVERTISEMENT

This should go over well with my fellow IU fans.........

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I responded in the thread about Vaklentine. Called him a terrific official---And look, he is. SO then I was asked what I felt about the technical he gave Knight for "checking on" an injured Luke Recker.

Here was my response:

He is a terrific official. I mean you do realize officials make mistakes, right? I mean, I dunno what you do for a living---but Im certain you've made a mistake at t your job. Right? Does that make you a bad employee?

I get it....IU fans hate him. Understandable. But does that hate blind you to the fact that he's a pretty good official? Hate can certainly fog ones judgement.

As for the Recker incident? IDK, to be honest. Who knows what Knight said to him; and he certainly said something. And he(Knight) said something in a situation where nothing needed to be said. Knight says all he said was, " I have an injured player." Well, that isn't true. He was saying something to him well before he got close to Recker, and said something again as he approached Recker. Valentine says Knight told him, "thats your fault right there"(pointing at Recker). Maybe he did.Maybe he didn't. I dunno. But I do doubt that Valentine ejected him for simply walking on the floor.

I know this post won't be well received. And TBH, I don't care. I'm not gonna lie and tell you something just to make you feel good. I'm gonna give you my honest answer. And my answer to the Recker situation?

IDK. Nor do you. Unless of course you can, with 100% certainty, clarify that Knight didn't say anything worthy of a technical foul. And ask yourself this before answering: What's more likely---Knight not saying something nasty...Or him saying something nasty.

I think you know the answer

Yeah----They gonna love that answer, huh?:D

FWIW...

I was actually at that game. I believe it was against Illinois, late season game that we needed to win badly.

I know IU fans claim that the Marco Killingsworth dunk vs Duke was the loudest they ever heard the Hall, but after TV Ted ejected RMK and he made that long walk back to the bench, that was the loudest, angriest crowd I had ever heard at any stadium I have ever been too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT