ADVERTISEMENT

This should generate some discussion

Seems good to me, but Fran is too high

I think that top 10 is accurate but replace Huggins with Calipari. Rank them however you want in that top 10 though.

Why are there write ups on people like Albany’s coach and others ranked in the 200’s but not for nearly the entire top 10?

Cal being punished because the media is lazy essentially.

Kentucky fans have been screaming for years the media overrates us in the preseason annually. They’ll do it again next season. Even though many of us are saying right now we’re probably going to struggle as we’ll have a nearly entirely new team again.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Kentucky fans have been screaming for years the media overrates us in the preseason annually. They’ll do it again next season. Even though many of us are saying right now we’re probably going to struggle as we’ll have a nearly entirely new team again.

Link to fans predicting struggles?

Link to fans predicting struggles?

If you read through the threads on rafters you’ll find plenty of pessimism. And there’s even more on house of blue. I know there’s still a ton of homers and sunshine pumpers too but more and more cat fans are catching on as far as what Cal needs to field a dominant team or legit contender. We’re less and less excited about “#1” recruiting classes each year. People are starting to understand for one, you have to have SOME continuity in the program to be consistently great. You can’t just start fresh every year.

But watch, we’ll be preseason top 5 next year too. Lose a couple of ugly games early, finish strong and then bitch about our seed like the November and December part of the schedule shouldn’t count.

That run in 2014 might have been the worst thing to happen to UK basketball. Cal thinks he can make a deep run with any draw now and ignores how lucky we were that year to get past the second round. He says we were lucky but I don’t think he actually believes it. If he did he wouldn’t constantly parrot the “March is what matters line” after we lose these ugly early games every year now.

/rant

Reactions: ExitFlagger

giphy.gif

How many of those coaches have 3 titles during that time? Asking for a friend.

How many of those coaches have 3 titles during that time? Asking for a friend.

Ahhh...”titles are all that matters (because my coach has won some recently) guy” has entered the discussion.

Ahhh...”titles are all that matters (because my coach has won some recently) guy” has entered the discussion.
Shocking a Kansas fan wouldn’t think so. Lol. If only Roy would’ve left Kansas earlier he’d have more. Oh well. 3 is pretty good.

Titles definitely aren't al that matters, though UNC fans could probably use almost any metric anyone could pick to make an argument for Roy being above some of the top 7. However, this is an objective measure using defined criteria and did have most of the top coaches towards the top. Was a pretty solid list.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Why?

Oh, because players don’t have to worry about classwork. Yeah, you’re probably right.

Sounds like you’re a tad mad dude. Bottom line is KU may go another 20 years without a title and yes they should matter, how much is anyone’s guess.

I just liked reading the list and seeing all the former players I didn't know were coaching.

And Dave Leitao at #240 is way too high. #330 is probably more accurate.

Sounds like you’re a tad mad dude. Bottom line is KU may go another 20 years without a title and yes they should matter, how much is anyone’s guess.

Whatever that’s supposed to mean. UNC could go 20 years too.

Bill just needs more tourney matchups with UNC.

And there’s a number of teams Self needs to avoid. With 1 title you guys have flamed out more than any other blue blood since Self got to KU.

Self may want to avoid Jay Wright. Not familiar with any coaches who have beaten him three times in the tourney by double digits though.

As for flameouts, is it better to finish 14-19 or go to the NIT than to have a good year that ends with one disappointing game? Apparently it is to some of you.

Self may want to avoid Jay Wright. Not familiar with any coaches who have beaten him three times in the tourney by double digits though.

As for flameouts, is it better to finish 14-19 or go to the NIT than to have a good year that ends with one disappointing game? Apparently it is to some of you.

Yup, we sucked this year, no way around it but it also saved you guys from another flame out too. I'll be mad to if my coach left to go somewhere else and bagged 3 titles in 14 years.

Reactions: 829305
Yup, we sucked this year, no way around it but it also saved you guys from another flame out too. I'll be mad to if my coach left to go somewhere else and bagged 3 titles in 14 years.

Uh oh...a “gotcha” moment!

Can you answer the question or are you too busy shifting the argument to wins the internetz?

Is it better to fail to play to seed in the tourney or to just have a shitty all around year?

And why does Roy always get slapped around by KU in the tourney?

Uh oh...a “gotcha” moment!

Can you answer the question or are you too busy shifting the argument to wins the internetz?

Is it better to fail to play to seed in the tourney or to just have a shitty all around year?

And why does Roy always get slapped around by KU in the tourney?

The last time we played our starting back court was out, Henson didn't play but keep talking and I'll keep replying. Fact is as good as KU is in conference play when the tournament rolls around you guys often fold like a cheap tent. As for shifting the argument you went there first and so the door was open.

Last edited:
@MrBaracus

Is it better to have an NIT or fail to play to seed 5-6 times? You haven't just lost to one mid-major. It's been way too many for a blue blood. Why's it so hard for you to admit you have several embarrassing tourney losses? You try to justify/defend the L's way too much. It's a bad look. Can't tell if you're serious and super homerish or you're just doing it to argue.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The last time we played our starting back court was out, Henson didn't play but keep talking and I'll keep replying. Fact is as good as KU is in conference play when the tournament rolls around you guys often fold like a cheap tent. As for shifting the argument you went there first and so the door was open.

That’s your explanation for losing three times by an average of about 15 points?

Fact is, yes, UNC’s had a few more high points in that span, but also several lower points.

Last edited:
Good as thread as any.

“We love what Cal does, I’ve been up there a few times, just to see how he does his program. We like talking shop and everything. But he’s going to coach you hard. They’re going to spend a lot of time with player development. They’re not going to treat you with kid gloves because of whatever you were ranked in high school.”“

None of those guys ever average over 25 points a game. That’s just not the deal when you go to Kentucky,” Spoelstra said. “You’re going to have to defend. You’re going to have to play a role. There’s going to be a ton of lottery talent around you so you’re going to have to be willing to share in the game, share in the success, and enjoy other people playing well, and not play for numbers.

“So I think for a college program, there’s no better way to develop, to get ready for the next level in this league.” -
Eric Spoelstra

Good as thread as any.

“We love what Cal does, I’ve been up there a few times, just to see how he does his program. We like talking shop and everything. But he’s going to coach you hard. They’re going to spend a lot of time with player development. They’re not going to treat you with kid gloves because of whatever you were ranked in high school.”“

None of those guys ever average over 25 points a game. That’s just not the deal when you go to Kentucky,” Spoelstra said. “You’re going to have to defend. You’re going to have to play a role. There’s going to be a ton of lottery talent around you so you’re going to have to be willing to share in the game, share in the success, and enjoy other people playing well, and not play for numbers.

“So I think for a college program, there’s no better way to develop, to get ready for the next level in this league.” -
Eric Spoelstra

I can think of a thread that would be a better fit #smh

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT