This is why Kaepernick kneeled

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by tooslick4ya, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexomaSooner49

TexomaSooner49 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Everyone should be able to know both sides of this, and every story....

2. Grisle

Grisle Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn't know you had x-ray vision that can see through the car and their clothes that could determine they were unarmed. You should really teach that to law enforcement so incidents like this can be avoided in the future.

3. MelbBamaFan

MelbBamaFan MelbBamaFan@hotmail.com
    Expand Collapse

My guess is probably no. When I started computers weren’t in police cars. Then computers came along and police could see if you had a open (unexecuted) warrant for your arrest. Now the police are using ultra high frequency radio channels that may or may not meet privacy standards for criminal history information - which is not publicly available information. My guess is no but sabanist can probably answer that question better than I can. @sabanist

jeans15 likes this.
  4. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's not at all what he said, but you already know that. Your emotional response is just asinine. He's talking about accountability, something that is clearly lost on you and a few others ITT Mono. But by all means, please continue with the emo outbursts because you csnt refute the truth.

Carry on.

5. jeans15

jeans15 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the response.

MelbBamaFan likes this.
  6. MelbBamaFan

Expand Collapse

I do remember that back in the day I’d arrest some guy and get him to the station and read his criminal history and think, “Sheesh, I should’ve been more careful with this guy.”

7. della

della Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

F Kaepernick and F Nike in their self serving exploitation.

LeroyOU12, SECalafan, Zgeo and 4 others like this.
  8. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

But hes a righteous man fighting for "equal" justice remember?????

01fatboy likes this.
  9. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yet so many people think an LEO should know and or expect every person to be unarmed and peaceful...

LeroyOU12 and MelbBamaFan like this.
  10. MelbBamaFan

Expand Collapse

Oh God help me for liking it when good girls talk dirty.

11. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Maybe there's hope for you after all.

12. CB3UK

CB3UK Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He wasn't worth my time to respond to. He's a buffoon.

13. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Agreed on both accounts.

CB3UK likes this.
  14. IrishInOntario

IrishInOntario Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You don't need X-ray vision. You just need a small amount of education and judgement.

Do you know what the percentage of women that shoot police officers is?

As of May 20, 2019, 19 police officers have been killed due to gun shots in the line of duty in the U.S. this year.

Venture to guess how many of those cops were shot by a woman!?... Zero. Not a single one. In fact, less than 1% of cop killings historically have come at the hands of women. Overwhelmingly, women do not shoot police officers... A statistic that falls to an even smaller number when their children are present.

Every psychological study we've done in the past 30 years tells us that women, in particular, do not react well to being screamed at. It's not a choice thing. They just don't. Their brains shut down and you're not likely to get the desired result by screaming and threatening bodily harm on them.

It's called risk assessment. That police officer, and every other police officer should know a couple things when they reach that scene.

1. Less than 1% of the time a cop will be shot by a woman. The chances that she has a gun an is going to shoot me with it, are about the same, or worse than the cchances that I'll shoot myself win my own gun... She's especially unlikely to shoot, knowing her two children are in the vehicle when you return fire.

2. Psychology, which is a lot of police work, tells me that the best way to get a desired reaction from a woman is to deal with her calmly and collectively, even if it takes longer to resolve the situation. Me screaming at her and threatening to shoot her in the head in front of her children, like it, or not, is going to paralyze her in fear, not entice her to cooperate.

I'm not excusing criminality in the least. I've said at least 3 times in this thread that those people should be charged and from there they'll have their day in court...

Police officers (many of them) are just so woefully undertrained in risk assessment and risk management founded in concrete psychological analysis that we've have available through multi-decade studies.

They should have arrived on the scene and as soon as the father (or male) was in custody, they should have changed their tactics entirely for dealing with a woman and her young children. That's what a well trained, professional would do.

94 IrishInOntario, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    TeganInBama and SECalafan like this.
  15. the USC

the USC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh, there is that group. Just look at Memphis this past week.

16. the USC

the USC Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

And a settlement. It’s all about justice money.

17. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah that! The HUGE settlement we were told was gonna happen by the pro-Kap nutbags on here, only to find out it was $10 million split 2 ways not counting lawyerand court fees Laughing

18. iliketrafficlights

iliketrafficlights Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I missed it. Cliff notes?

19. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's a well thought out response and I agree to anextent, but this isn't yesteryear's society....Certain groups are overtly advocating the killing or "revenge" on LEO's over sensationalized media bullshit. Can you really blame them for not being Barney Fife on the job?

20. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

Yes you can. One segment is a fringe group. Hood rats are going to be hood rats. Society expects little from them. But that’s different from what is expected of law enforcement. The state has invested in that person’s training and their ability to do the correct thing. If a police officer doesn’t realize this when they sign up to be a police officer then that’s on them. They aren’t governed by the same set of standards and expectations society has of dregs of society. They’re held to a higher standard.

21. Zgeo

Zgeo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t watch the video....if your kid takes stuff you are responsible for what happens later....escalation can happen....it is just that now everything gets on the internet....

22. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Disagree. When your profession is overtly under attack and people are advocating that you and your fellow LEO's be killed out of spite or revenge, it becomes a different ball game. Also, your doing exactly what helps perpetuate the problem by excusing the actions of hood rats by saying "its expected of them." No it's not. They are members of society, we dknt expect them to he hood rat and if they choose to be then they need to be held accountable. You're excusing their behavior to blame LEO's instead of laying blame where it needs to be put.

23. IrishInOntario

Expand Collapse

No, I can't. I empathize with them because they have an extremely tough job. My point is simply this.

There is an enormous difference between Barney Fife and threatening to cap a civilian in the head in front of her children, when she hasn't threatened you in any way. If I did that on deployment when I was a combat medic, my Captain and my Sergeant would have beat the life half out of me...

I'm not asking them to be perfect. Just use a little bit of discretion and above all else, be a professional. Tax payers keep you employed. There is a reason we call it "service". I expect more out of you than the average person in society.

Just as society expects more of me.

24. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Society also expects people to not disobey the law or have a profession be put on blast for doing their jobs. Accountability only seems to want to he laid at the feet of the LEO's not the people ignoring authority.

jeans15 likes this.
  25. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

Jesus Christ, no one is saying that people who break the law shouldn’t be held accountable. People are saying it’s a rotten idea to be screaming and yelling while pointing a gun at a woman with a child in her arms over the shoplifting of a ****ing Barbie doll. If this bitch can’t handle his shit put him on desk duty with Farva.

26. IrishInOntario

Expand Collapse

What group is was this woman a part of that is overtly advocating, and more importantly executing the killing of police officers?

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but I need an extensive examples of woman, black woman, and black woman with children wanting cops killed, or more importantly, actually killing cops, before I'm going to buy the narrative you're selling.

Google search "woman kills police officer"... I'm on page 13 and I still haven't found one. It's been 13 pages of "police officer kills unarmed woman"...

27. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

Law enforcement is put on blast because they rarely hold themselves accountable inside their group. If they were as quick to criticize bad cops and get them off the street it would be an entirely different story. But that culture protects bad cops by generating excuses for shit just like you’re doing now.

28. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Calm down Nancy. Excusing their actions by blaming the reaction of the cop is absolutely exonerating the people in question. If you cant admit that, then that's on you.

29. IrishInOntario

Expand Collapse

As a serving member of the military, I see it every day. We're constantly reminded that people are watching us and that we're to hold ourselves to a higher standard because it's what we signed up for... Is it always fare? Nope. Quite frankly, sometimes it sucks.

The job of the police officer is to enforce accountability in society. In order to do that, you have to know how to deal with a multitude of situations.... Really tough job.

For the record, that's why I'm not calling for this cop to be fired. I simply think he should be suspended and his department should pay for extensive risk assessment training for him during his downtime.

30. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol, nonsense. Your emotions are overriding your ability to have a rational discussion here. I have been in threads calling for cops to get their punishment when it's due plenty of times. Those instances involved people following orders from LEO's. Your disconnect is not being able to separate those two.

31. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If you want to ignore the open cries of BLM and various black people, some prominent in society, on social media or the news calling for such actions, then you're willfully keeping your head in the sand. A simple Google search will show you all you to need to see.

Thank you for your service btw. Much respect!

32. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

Wrong. There are already procedures and protocols in place to hold people who steal accountable. Saying a mother holding a child shouldn’t be threatened at gun point isn’t exonerating anyone. Haha, you’re a simpleton, bro.

northernknowledge likes this.
  33. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We aren't talking about protocals in place, that's a tangent no one has brought up. We are discussing the mindset of people and their actions or lack there of leading to reactions by LEO's, yet placing blame solely on the LEO
    It's not my problem you cant comprehend this because you have a narrative to support.

Lol, simpleton huh? Right back at ya amigo. Too cute!

34. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

This is a message board. It’s not indicative of the whole of society. You’re not paying attention if you can’t see that inside of the law enforcement community they bend over backwards and will defend poor police officers just because they’re cops.

35. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Just as you and others defend those that hold no regard for following orders that the rest of us seemingly have no problem with. The difference is, I've called out the cops who deserve punishment. Cant say the same for you regarding the opposite.

Works both ways champ.

36. IrishInOntario

Expand Collapse

Again, like in most situations, the extreme wing of BLM movement, the ones that actually want people killed and more importantly, would actually kill someone because of their ideology... Are men.

That's what I've been trying to get across. You can't just say "black person" and make the automatic connection to BLM and cop killer... A black woman with two young children in a vehicle is so far away from fitting that profile it's not even funny.

Now a black man with multiple violent priors or an arrest warrant out, who won't get out of his vehicle and is reaching for something... Now you've assessed the situation much more realistically.... But a woman with two children? The cop was a far greater risk to them then they were to him. Particularly with his weapon already drawn and them being in a vulnerable position (she was holding her small child) and was a sitting duck in the vehichle.

37. iliketrafficlights

Expand Collapse

I give up. You’re a potato

38. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Oh I'm sorry, I will qualify my "black person" comment next time. However, from what I've read, heard and seen is a lot of the black community feels this way and it's only growing. Regardless, when you have large prominent groups advocating such without repercussions it doesn't really help the cause.

39. RealisticUGAfan1191v2.0

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

White flag. You're an idiot....

40. IrishInOntario

Expand Collapse

I don't think you're wrong in assessing the situation that way... I just think it's completely unrealistic to equate that to a surge in women cop killers that would warrant that type of force escalation by the officer.

We simply have no evidence that even the women that profess to be members of BLM, have ever, or will ever, start shooting cops... There simply isn't any evidence or trend that suggests that is the case, or will be in the future.

Even in Afghanistan, it was like pulling teeth for the terrorist networks to get women to participate in trying to kill us (soldiers)... 99% of the time their participation was only after the terrorists threatened the lives of their children if they did not cooperate... Even then, the majority of those women agreed to help kill soldiers, then fled before they could participate in the act...

Women, overwhelmingly, do not kill authority figures. And they certainly don't do it by shooting them in cold blood, while holding an infant in one arm and holding the hand of their other small child in the other.

Even Hollywood couldn't make that threat seem real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.