ADVERTISEMENT

this is my projected teams in the top 3 seeds, see if you agree...

ABVolsFan92

Gold Member
May 31, 2012
Subject to change but this is how I see it shaking out on selection sunday...

1's: Purdue, Alabama, UCLA, Houston
2's:Kansas,Texas, UVA, Baylor
3's: Tennessee, Arizona, Miami, Marquette.

If so everyone's talking about how weak this year is, I think that is a very strong 12 teams at the top.

KU has 3x as many quad 1 wins as UCLA and only one more quad 1 loss. It would make no sense to give UCLA a 1 over KU.

KU has 3x as many quad 1 wins as UCLA and only one more quad 1 loss. It would make no sense to give UCLA a 1 over KU.
KU is currently ranked 7th in NET. UCLA is ranked 5th. So, what is the determining factor in seeding?

I see UT as a #2 seed at the moment. It is a bigger deal to beat #1 than beat #30. All quad wins are not the same.

A ton will change in the coming weeks. We finish off the year against 2 top ten teams, 1 top 25 team and two tough ass games against TT and WVU. Im not sure anyone has that kind of slate sans Texas. We win out and nobody stays in front of us, regardless if they win out. We could also also finish 2-3 and still be get a 2/3 seed. With our roster we can beat the best...but can easily be beat if we don't bring our A game.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Don’t see UVA as a 2-seed. Probably more on the 3-4 line. No bad losses but not enough Quad 1 wins to warrant a 2. We’ll get a 2 if we win out, including ACC tourney. Otherwise, probably looking at 3 as ceiling.

Don’t see UVA as a 2-seed. Probably more on the 3-4 line. No bad losses but not enough Quad 1 wins to warrant a 2. We’ll get a 2 if we win out, including ACC tourney. Otherwise, probably looking at 3 as ceiling.
Jmo but I think UVA is going to win out and be the ACC champion

Reactions: jhmossy
5th in NET is pretty impressive IMO.

So you think they should just seed by NET ranking? Even if you did that, they still wouldn't be a 1 seed. 😆

Btw, the idea of seeding is to reward teams based on what they've accomplished. Not how good they're perceived to be. UCLA could be the best team in the country, but their resume doesn't compare to other top teams.

So you think they should just seed by NET ranking? Even if you did that, they still wouldn't be a 1 seed. 😆
I didn't say they should be on the 1 line. I just gave a comment about their NET. I asked you what your criteria would be and you are yet to share that.

There are others in this category, but Kansas (assuming no implosion or something) is definitely one that should be rewarded for their gauntlet of a schedule.

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK
I didn't say they should be on the 1 line. I just gave a comment about their NET. I asked you what your criteria would be and you are yet to share that.
I think they use net to determine quadrants. They don't compare two teams net rankings as a criteria.

I could be wrong, but I heard that somewhere, and it makes sense. It is a garbage ranking system.

1s: Kansas, Purdue, Bama, Baylor
2s: Houston, ucla, Zona, Texas
3s: UVA, Tennessee, Xavier, Marquette
4s: Gonzaga, Indiana, uconn, Miami

Miami is on a roll going to be hard to keep them off the 3 line

Maybe. Their resume is that of a 4/5 seed though.

The acc is terrible. Wtf is that conference doing with the big 2 sports?
They are bad this year but Pitt, UVA, and Miami all look like formidable teams. I wouldn't bet on anyone else though

They are bad this year but Pitt, UVA, and Miami all look like formidable teams. I wouldn't bet on anyone else though
Pitt has a good record, but thats because the acc is a mess. They are ranked in the 50s in the computers. That's going to be an easy first round upset pick.

I think Duke goes on a 2022 unc type run this year, maybe not the finals, but e8.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92

If so everyone's talking about how weak this year is, I think that is a very strong 12 teams at the top.
It's weak at the top, middle, and most definitely the bottom.

A ton will change in the coming weeks. We finish off the year against 2 top ten teams, 1 top 25 team and two tough ass games against TT and WVU. Im not sure anyone has that kind of slate sans Texas. We win out and nobody stays in front of us, regardless if they win out. We could also also finish 2-3 and still be get a 2/3 seed. With our roster we can beat the best...but can easily be beat if we don't bring our A game.
Kansas always seems to peak at the right time. Don’t see them losing much in the regular season. Perhaps if some of those games are away games. Watched em drop 87 on a good Oklahoma St team in Stillwater. Hardly missed a shot.

If KU is going to lose, it will most likely be in the B12 tournament. The conference has a lot of talented teams and there is a physical element brought by all of them. Kansas does not have much productivity from its bench. If they get tired or beat up in back to back to back tourney games, I could see them going down in the semi or final game….

Reactions: ExitFlagger
UK has played Kansas, Bama, UCLA, Tennessee and Gonzaga. UK lost to all but Tennessee and may well lose to Tennessee tomorrow. But Alabama was the only one that whipped UK.

I don't think UK is worried about any of the five, especially if they can get all their players healthy.

EDIT:

Kentucky beat Tennessee for the second time this season. It sucks to be UT!

Last edited:
UK has played Kansas, Bama, UCLA, Tennessee and Gonzaga. UK lost to all but Tennessee and may well lose to Tennessee tomorrow. But Alabama was the only one that whipped UK.

I don't think UK is worried about any of the five, especially if they can get all their players healthy.

Never fails. Kentucky picks up a win vs a weak team and now they're ready to take on the world again. 😆

Marqurtte as 3rd seed definitely sets up a very good chance for another Shaka masterclass losing to yet another 14th seed.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Never fails. Kentucky picks up a win vs a weak team and now they're ready to take on the world again. 😆
It's amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork. What's even more amazing is who they focus on.
Having the best season and starting and posting about another team (so many). Im not namin names or naming teams. :D

It's amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork. What's even more amazing is who they focus on.
Having the best season and starting and posting about another team (so many). Im not namin names or naming teams. :D

Bert does seem a little obsessed with certain teams, and he does have a tendency to disappear when things don’t go well….but I wouldn’t say he came out of the woodwork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT