ADVERTISEMENT

This is How You Handle Classlessness

Really?! I had no idea he did this! That's pretty nuts... I don't think I remember a coach doing that? It was ballsy as hell, riding five guys like that, but I have to say, it worked... would think it creates a pretty cool feeling among them.

It is kind of funny because for years UNC fans killed K over not using the bench and now we have Davis who uses the bench even less, lol.

Yeah, they love it I'm sure. I'm sure the guys on the bench not playing don't though. But the idea is that they will certainly get their chance next year.

It is kind of funny because for years UNC fans killed K over not using the bench and now we have Davis who uses the bench even less, lol.

Yeah, they love it I'm sure. I'm sure the guys on the bench not playing don't though. But the idea is that they will certainly get their chance next year.

Yeah, there were times UNC fans felt like Roy used too much bench... but this is quite a change!

Yeah, the guys on the bench might not love it... but as long as they all "buy in" then it should work. I can see how, emotionally, it really would "work" for the five guys who are in... like, they know it is all up to them, there will be no subs, no other people... it really encourages "ownership" if you know what I mean? I did always think... like, 20 minutes at that level is a long time... but still, these guys are young and in shape and fired up like HELL in that situation... I mean, they could play 20 minutes on the playground, right? And yes, I know they aren't the same, but...

BTW, I f'ing love Manek. I haven't seen him play a ton, but man, he seems to shoot better the more closely he is defended.

When you have a coach who acts like a total jackass the appropriate response is just to say they messed up.

Davis did not blow anyone off. He was late getting out there and made a point to find K and congratulate him and shake his hand. There is video of it.

If the Duke coaches are upset that some students chanted F you that is fine but has nothing to do with Davis, who wasn't even aware of it. Also, we can prove that isn't the reason because they had no problem shaking hands after they beat UNC at UNC.

They are sore losers who got their feelings hurt that their smack talking freshman got their crap pushed in on K's last stand and acted like children. I don't think Scheyer probably likes it tbh so he will probably give both the boot.
I have never seen you post so much about Duke. Hmmmmmm.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yeah, there were times UNC fans felt like Roy used too much bench... but this is quite a change!

Yeah, the guys on the bench might not love it... but as long as they all "buy in" then it should work. I can see how, emotionally, it really would "work" for the five guys who are in... like, they know it is all up to them, there will be no subs, no other people... it really encourages "ownership" if you know what I mean? I did always think... like, 20 minutes at that level is a long time... but still, these guys are young and in shape and fired up like HELL in that situation... I mean, they could play 20 minutes on the playground, right? And yes, I know they aren't the same, but...

BTW, I f'ing love Manek. I haven't seen him play a ton, but man, he seems to shoot better the more closely he is defended.

He has been a great pickup. The other two transfer portal options did not work out but he did. They will need more next year IMO as I'm not really crazy about the guys they have coming in being instant impact.

Anyway, it was a great night. Obviously wish Duke had won, but I was over the loss in about two seconds... the parts that mattered didn't have anything to do with the game. Honestly surprised that so many Duke fans are taking it so hard... its one game out of 1,500. But there is only one last K speech in front of all of his former players at a packed Cameron.
What a load of shit. You're surprised that Duke fans are taking a loss to unc in these circumstances so hard? It was a great night for unc and their fans. They're the only ones who have anything to celebrate and they will always have that over Duke's head. You can act like it doesn't mean much all you want, but this was a huge loss for Duke in the rivalry. I would argue it is their biggest loss in the rivalry.

What a load of shit. You're surprised that Duke fans are taking a loss to unc in these circumstances so hard? It was a great night for unc and their fans. They're the only ones who have anything to celebrate and they will always have that over Duke's head. You can act like it doesn't mean much all you want, but this was a huge loss for Duke in the rivalry. I would argue it is their biggest loss in the rivalry.

Would you agree with the theory I'm working on that this loss to UNC completely invalidates Coach K's entire career and legacy? you don't have to answer right away, take your time and really think about it.

It was massive for UNC. Especially considering all the duds this season against good teams. We'll see what happens now. They still are a deeply flawed team that can easily lose Thursday but for Hubert and this particular group it was about all you can ask for considering they probably aren't winning any trophies. Kind of like the 82-50 win or whatever it was for Duke. It is something UNC fans can always point to.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Would you agree with the theory I'm working on that this loss to UNC completely invalidates Coach K's entire career and legacy? you don't have to answer right away, take your time and really think about it.
No. I don't think anything invalidates his career and legacy. I think the OAD era and his decision to cater to the demands of entitled high school players tarnished his legacy. I think this loss sums the failures of this coaching policy, though.

Anyway, it was a great night. Obviously wish Duke had won, but I was over the loss in about two seconds... the parts that mattered didn't have anything to do with the game. Honestly surprised that so many Duke fans are taking it so hard... its one game out of 1,500. But there is only one last K speech in front of all of his former players at a packed Cameron.

Well. They got that azz “bristled.” Making up some bogus reasons for not handling a loss like a grown up makes him look more like a poo-say than he already does.
Where the hell have you been!? I always liked your takes but haven’t seen you in FOREVER. Hopefully you’ll be around more.

Did Dean and Roy win their last home games against Duke?

I can't remember, which probably has to do with the fact that both Dean and Roy didn't have a year long going away party for themselves- they announced their retirements and retired at the same time.

We won't ever forget this game though and I'm pretty sure that applies to either side. Thanks for the memories, Coach K.

Was also just looking at K's record vs UNC- 50-47. However he was just 36-42 against the 2 Carolina HOF coaches.- he did good work against Doherty though- 7-2

No wonder he was so angry at the end of the game.

Eh, your opinion doesn't matter that much, to be honest.

It is one game out of 1,500. Plenty of other losses out there. I can name a dozen that hurt more. And at the end of the day... it is a single loss, with shitty timing.

But the events around it... it being K's last home game... the former players being there... K speaking... that's what mattered. That is what is being celebrated. And all of that... my years spent at Duke in that stupid tent, those years spent after graduating sitting at my buddy's place watching games, those decades of Duke basketball... that means a lot more to me than a single game.

You are like many other fans, too focused on wins and losses when sometimes there are bigger things going on. You need perspective. Maybe it has to do with being an alumnus, so the connection is deeper and more involved than just basketball. When I posted "I love Duke!" after the game and all of my friends from school chimed in, I don't think basketball even came up, even though we all knew what had happened. It is bigger than that.

It is one game out of 1,500. Plenty of other losses out there. I can name a dozen that hurt more. And at the end of the day... it is a single loss, with shitty timing.

But the events around it... it being K's last home game... the former players being there... K speaking... that's what mattered. That is what is being celebrated. And all of that... my years spent at Duke in that stupid tent, those years spent after graduating sitting at my buddy's place watching games, those decades of Duke basketball... that means a lot more to me than a single game.

You are like many other fans, too focused on wins and losses when sometimes there are bigger things going on. You need perspective. Maybe it has to do with being an alumnus, so the connection is deeper and more involved than just basketball. When I posted "I love Duke!" after the game and all of my friends from school chimed in, I don't think basketball even came up, even though we all knew what had happened. It is bigger than that.
Would my opinion matter more if I was a Duke fan?

What a douche response. Sort of what I expected.

You can downplay that one all you want. That stings.

How much money was spent to see their top rival go in dry? I watched that stupid event after the game and he was seething. It definitely was a punch in the gut to k and their fan base. Is it the most important loss ever? No. Is it the most hurtful loss of the rivalry so far? Probably.

I want to know if the duke managers will still race each other to the locker room at half time.

Was that because of K or just because Dukies are a bunch of dorks?

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
Did Dean and Roy win their last home games against Duke?

I can't remember, which probably has to do with the fact that both Dean and Roy didn't have a year long going away party for themselves- they announced their retirements and retired at the same time.

We won't ever forget this game though and I'm pretty sure that applies to either side. Thanks for the memories, Coach K.

Roy and K both won their last home game against Duke. Dean by 6 or so and Roy by like 20. I only know because I saw the graphic the other night about it.

But yeah, if K just didn't do the whole worship me tour then this night wouldn't have been the epic disaster for them it turned out to be. Good for him. He provided UNC fans with a hell of a night to remember.

Speaking of one of the managers, here is one coming over to JCD or protect something or other I guess.

Hoots is pretty hilarious here.

What a douche response. Sort of what I expected.

You can downplay that one all you want. That stings.

How much money was spent to see their top rival go in dry? I watched that stupid event after the game and he was seething. It definitely was a punch in the gut to k and their fan base. Is it the most important loss ever? No. Is it the most hurtful loss of the rivalry so far? Probably.

Oh **** right off, dude. Listen, you don't like me because of some imagined slight. Fine. But let's not forget what happened here.... I shared that I was genuinely surprised at how much attention the loss was getting vs the moment, and your FIRST LINE was that I was full of shit.

So let's not pretend the douche response was mine, Lurk. Own it.

Oh **** right off, dude. Listen, you don't like me because of some imagined slight. Fine. But let's not forget what happened here.... I shared that I was genuinely surprised at how much attention the loss was getting vs the moment, and your FIRST LINE was that I was full of shit.

You should take ppl off ignore. I quoted ghost.

Tell me more about me.

What this thread lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality. Just great stuff.

southpark-douche.gif

Maybe an opposing fan @coryfly can explain why Hubert didnt take the mic and tell his wonderful fans to stop chanting F Coach K at the Nose Dome.

Talk about classless. But those damn Cameron Crazies

When it comes to discussing Duke vs unc on a college basketball message board, wins and losses is pretty much the only thing. What bigger thing is there? It's cute you sent out "I love Duke!" And none of your little internet buddies even brought up basketball after the biggest basketball game of the year, maybe biggest regular season game in Duke history. Perhaps you should join an academic board where you can just discuss the university. I think you are copping out here in order to not feel obligated to respond to the shit talking. That's your choice, good for you. But this loss was terrible and means more to most Duke fans than you are acting like.

Ignore list is dumb. Passive aggressive posting about people you don't like is where it's at

I think I only have scammers ignored. There was that one summer where they kept trying to sell fake passports and started several new threads each day. Well, after the fourth time I tried to get one I said enough is enough and started using the ignore function.

I think I only have scammers ignored. There was that one summer where they kept trying to sell fake passports and started several new threads each day. Well, after the fourth time I tried to get one I said enough is enough and started using the ignore function.

That was a dark period. Also kind of when the board started dying I think

Ftr, I too think you are full of shit. :)

And Lurk is honest to a fault around here.

ADVERTISEMENT