ADVERTISEMENT

There are 10-12 teams that can win it all…

I never said anything about wonder. There’s no doubt Arkansas is a much better team than those teams, but for some reason the new guys weren’t clicking and they were playing terrible defense at the time.

If you believe they will somehow revert back to that team, that’s fine. I’m pointing out they’ve won 13 of their last 14 since then against much better teams.
So what makes you think everybody is sleeping on them? Because they’re not talking about them as a final four favorite?

So what makes you think everybody is sleeping on them? Because they’re not talking about them as a final four favorite?
Pretty simple. We are in a thread someone started with 10-12 teams with a chance.

My point was Arkansas was being overlooked as a possible 10-12 team with a chance since no one had mentioned them.

There are plenty of teams with 5-7 losses. My point was Arkansas has beaten the best teams on their schedule and without that bizarre 6 game stretch, they’re 22-1. If you disagree, I don’t really care, just giving my opinion. It’s not that complex.

Pretty simple. We are in a thread someone started with 10-12 teams with a chance.

My point was Arkansas was being overlooked as a possible 10-12 team with a chance since no one had mentioned them.

There are plenty of teams with 5-7 losses. My point was Arkansas has beaten the best teams on their schedule and without that bizarre 6 game stretch, they’re 22-1. If you disagree, I don’t really care, just giving my opinion. It’s not that complex.
Honestly, I wasn’t even paying attention to the original thread topic at that point.

Although I think only one or two listed 10-12 teams. Most are listing 5-8. I don’t think many people would include Arkansas in a list that short, but that doesn’t mean they’re overlooked.

I agree with you about not just picking the 5 best teams. But man, Duke has looked pretty bad against a bunch of average or below average teams in the ACC.

I get it. I think their best is as good as basically any team though. Will we see it in the tournament? TBD (hope not)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
top 6 teams all lose on the same day. All on the road. home road swing in college basketball continues to be a complete joke.
Its not like they all lost to a bunch of average teams:

#1 Gonzaga lost at #23 St. Mary's
#2 Arizona lost at Colorado----who's 19-10
#3 Auburn lost @ #17 Tenn
#4 Purdue lost at MSU----just outside of The Top 25..
#5 Kansas lost @ #10 Baylor
#6 Kentucky lost @ #18 Arkansas

Not sure why its a complete joke----teams play better at home....Not exactly earth shattering news, here..

LSU clocking in at KP #17 has a chance to do well in the Tourney. They have a great defense and create turnovers. Their problem is offense and missing easy shots. If they find some offense in the dance they could be extremely tough.

Reactions: cdbearde
LSU would be perfect would absolutely love to see the NCAA brass have to hand the trophy to Will Wade. Something tells me a memo would get out sometime prior to the second weekend to put a stop to that though. But would love to see them cut down some nets.

The most wide open it’s been since at least 2019. When you had a similar layout.

2020 it was KU and then maybe the Zags, Baylor and 1-2 others. We were so far above the next guys tho.

2021 was Baylor And the zags only. They weee so far above the next guys.

if you think about it….

auburn - arguably best freshman with a great coach and intense team play.
Kentucky - loaded talent wise and this is not a bunch of freshman. Mostly SO and JR’s.
Baylor - defending champs and loaded with talent again and 3’s shooting ability.
KU - has all the pieces but inconsistent at times. With Braun and Ochai can go all the way.
Texas Tech - best defensive team in country imo.
Gonzaga - zags again an elite team. Holgmgren maybe finally gets them over the hump.
Purdue - great balanced team with a ton of veterans.
Arizona - athletic team with elite talent.
UCLA - lots return from last years team that for To final four. Juzang could go further now.
Nova - never bet against senior guards like Gillespie. Solid team.
Providence - very athletic and long.
Duke - the other arguably best freshman with a great supporting cast.

all have teams that can go all the way. For different reasons…..
I don't want to sound homerish, but Tennessee deserves to be on that list.

Especially in the SEC. You saw the two best teams in the SEC lose yesterday on the road. Not making excuses but I saw some horrid calls on the opposing teams that were laughable tstl.
Sounds like excuse making. UT 16 fouls and Auburn 19 fouls, but Auburn needed to foul at the end of the game to have a chance. So, they were even.

Maybe if Auburn the SEC leading rebounding team hadn't been destroyed on the boards +20 the Tigers would have won.

It's tough to win on the road against any team with a pulse, especially this time of the year. The upper level coaches are telling their teams it's go time, if you wanna do something big now's the time to start going that direction.

Sounds like excuse making. UT 16 fouls and Auburn 19 fouls, but Auburn needed to foul at the end of the game to have a chance. So, they were even.

Maybe if Auburn the SEC leading rebounding team hadn't been destroyed on the boards +20 the Tigers would have won.
They called a foul on AU on the 3 point shot in the corner near the end of the game. They showed it back and the AU player never even touched him or even close. UT played well and they won congrats on the win but the reality was that AU beat the Vols but couldn't beat the refs.

Also if it makes you feel better I was pulling for the Vols !

• Haha
I feel like this is an up year with the transfers, freshman, super seniors, NIL.

There's a hand full of teams this year that could be favorites in years past.

This tournament is a loaded deck.
I don’t. There’s no dominant teams this year. It’s not like 2015 where the 3 best teams were known all year basically. Theres 8-12 that could win it this year but I wouldn’t put any up against previous years. Take 2015 UW and UK in other years and I’d like my chances.

They called a foul on AU on the 3 point shot in the corner near the end of the game. They showed it back and the AU player never even touched him or even close. UT played well and they won congrats on the win but the reality was that AU beat the Vols but couldn't beat the refs.

Yeah well, with 51 seconds left and a tie game, they called this a foul on Zach Edey:

#RefsSuck

What about the call on Fulkerson right before the half? That was a bad call. The bottom line is that fouls didn't change the game. Auburn getting blown out on the glass was the biggest factor in the game. That an their cold streak of 7 minutes in the second half.

You don't sound like you were pulling for the Vols, but if you were we need to do a better job of selecting our fans.

What about the call on Fulkerson right before the half? That was a bad call. The bottom line is that fouls didn't change the game. Auburn getting blown out on the glass was the biggest factor in the game. That an their cold streak of 7 minutes in the second half.

You don't sound like you were pulling for the Vols, but if you were we need to do a better job of selecting our fans.
I'll give you the 7 minute stretch where AU made some poor shot selections like shooting 3's from almost mid court with 20 on the shot clock.

Didn't say I was a Vol fan , was just one yesterday because I bet on them lol !

I'll give you the 7 minute stretch where AU made some poor shot selections like shooting 3's from almost mid court with 20 on the shot clock.

Didn't say I was a Vol fan , was just one yesterday because I bet on them lol !
You haven't addressed the rebounds. Tennessee was 20+ on Auburn. Maybe it's just me, but that stat kinda jumps out at ya.

You haven't addressed the rebounds. Tennessee was 20+ on Auburn. Maybe it's just me, but that stat kinda jumps out at ya.
They did a nice job but once again the refs had that category lopsided just like they do in every SEC road game.

That's why I like the NCAA tourney so much because the refs lets them play and don't call all of the tacky fouls they call in conference play.

They did a nice job but once again the refs had that category lopsided just like they do in every SEC road game.

That's why I like the NCAA tourney so much because the refs lets them play and don't call all of the tacky fouls they call in conference play.
20+ on rebounds is total domination and the refs had nothing to do with it. The Vols totally out hustled Auburn on the glass and even Pearl admitted it.

You can say the home crowd had an effect on the game, but the refs didn't.

Yeah well, with 51 seconds left and a tie game, they called this a foul on Zach Edey:

#RefsSuck
I watched that one live and its one of the worst calls ive ever seen down the stretch. The foul on gillon(sp?) wasnt much better. Him and hall had been battlinng for board all night and it looked like hall was holding him. Not as bad as the edey call tho obv

That was a terrible call if ur talking bout the one wherebhe had the ball and still got called inguess for an illegal screen, terrible call.

That was a terrible call if ur talking bout the one wherebhe had the ball and still got called inguess for an illegal screen, terrible call.
That's the one! So, bad calls were in the game, but didn't decide the game.

I watched that one live and its one of the worst calls ive ever seen down the stretch. The foul on gillon(sp?) wasnt much better. Him and hall had been battlinng for board all night and it looked like hall was holding him. Not as bad as the edey call tho obv
Gillis...but yeah, that was bad too. We got Izzoed at Breslin.

I don’t. There’s no dominant teams this year. It’s not like 2015 where the 3 best teams were known all year basically. Theres 8-12 that could win it this year but I wouldn’t put any up against previous years. Take 2015 UW and UK in other years and I’d like my chances.
Agree. Who are the top 3 PGs? The guard play is just weak overall which is probably a reason there is so much parity. You don't see too many guards taking games over or making teammates better.

The big men are impressive but the guards are so blah.

Reactions: jwardelt
If the Vols aren't in the conversation after beating Zona, UK, and AU then someone is sleeping at the wheel.

And thats ok by me.

So the Vols would have won had the game been at AU ?
Who knows. I am sure Auburn would be favored.

Even on a neutral site I would give the Tigers the edge going in. But if we can dominate the boards like we did yesterday the Vols will be in it.

Last edited:
Who knows. I am sure Auburn would be favored.

Even on a neutral site I would give the Tigers the edge going in. But if we can dominate the boards like we did yesterday the vols will be in it.
That's why I bet the Vols because they were at home.

Mark this date down : March 12th as it's very likely you will see this matchup again on a neutral court.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
ADVERTISEMENT