ADVERTISEMENT

There’s only one #1 league

I'm pretty sure they just view him as someone who was important for installing their defensive schemes and making in-game adjustments. One thing was clear...Beard was pissed that he wouldn't join him. He's won 15 Coach of the Year awards at lower levels. I'm guessing the guy knows a little about the game.

At one point, Beard said something along the lines of "he's the best coach in America that people don't know." Calipari made a similar comment about Payne. What happened when Payne left? 9-16 happened.
Terry is a better coach. This is well known around the state of Texas.

like to see anyone else take tech 5 seconds from a national title. Texas texh!!!

Beard's a good coach but he's far from the best. Villanova clipped us at the buzzer so I guess Jay Wright was the best in 2016. Roy won it the following year, don't think he was the best coach then Jay won it again, another good coach. Beard needs to do a lot over a period of time to even sniff that conversation.

The success was due to Culver
The problem for Beard at Tech was getting another Culver. They could still be a S16 team but without a player like Culver it would be hard to win at a high level.
Beard believes he can recruit better players at Texas. Going after the elite players for 2022.

Not even mentioning Tyson. He made the claim that Tyson was the best player in the state this year. We will see.
Tyson should be there for 2 years. As of right now it will be difficult to see him getting 25+ minutes. If he does. That team is really dangerous.
Timmy Allen, Jase Febres and Brock Cunningham all can play at the Big 12 level. Allen was on an All PAC 12 team. Maybe first

Beard's a good coach but he's far from the best. Villanova clipped us at the buzzer so I guess Jay Wright was the best in 2016. Roy won it the following year, don't think he was the best coach then Jay won it again, another good coach. Beard needs to do a lot over a period of time to even sniff that conversation.

roy and Jay did that at UNC and Villanova. Quite different ;)

TEXAS f’ing TECH. A nobody in basketball for generations outside of 8 years of Bobby knight in the 2000’s. Few tourney teams in there that’s been it.

Reactions: AWilli6995
roy and Jay did that at UNC and Villanova. Quite different ;)

TEXAS f’ing TECH. A nobody in basketball for generations outside of 8 years of Bobby knight in the 2000’s. Few tourney teams in there that’s been it.

I agree Tech isn’t a top 10 job and he did a outstanding job there. I’m just not ready to say he’s a great coach right now.

Reactions: KisteK
What?! He’s a great (ELITE) coach for sure. Look at what he even did at Little Rock. Best coach in America maybe you’re not ready to coin him as....I get that. He’s top 5-10 easily and you’ll see it more clearly at Texas I can assure you.

Out of all the national champ games as far back as you can go, Texas tech is the lowest “brand”. No business being there and he took them there. It’s insane.

more insane than kstate even as we at least have a top 25-30 historical program at Kstate.

What?! He’s a great (ELITE) coach for sure. Look at what he even did at Little Rock. Best coach in America maybe you’re not ready to coin him as....I get that. He’s top 5-10 easily and you’ll see it more clearly at Texas I can assure you.

Out of all the national champ games as far back as you can go, Texas tech is the lowest “brand”. No business being there and he took them there. It’s insane.

more insane than kstate even as we at least have a top 25-30 historical program at Kstate.

Butler was in the title games 2 years in a row. Mid major at that.

You suggesting that Beard is on the same trajectory as Stevens? I'm not bashing Beard at all but saying he's the greatest coach in the country is crazy.

Stevens played in two. So i think with the resources and recruiting of Texas he can match Brad Stevens, yes. He’s already played in a natty and lost. I bet he at least gets one more of those maybe two at Texas. I bet 2-3 final fours if he goes for 10-12 years at Texas. He’s still so young too.

I think when all is said and done at Texas beard will be absolutely superior to Stevens run at butler.

Stevens played in two. So i think with the resources and recruiting of Texas he can match Brad Stevens, yes. He’s already played in a natty and lost. I bet he at least gets one more of those maybe two at Texas. I bet 2-3 final fours if he goes for 10-12 years at Texas. He’s still so young too.

I think when all is said and done at Texas beard will be absolutely superior to Stevens run at butler.
He’s already coached as many years as Stevens had at Butler and didn’t achieve as much.

Regardless, this is all ridiculous. He doesn’t turn water to wine. He had a nice run or two with an underrated group of players. That doesn’t automatically make him the best coach in the country or even close to it. Notice that when he started getting hyped recruits/rosters, he actually had lesser results.

We see this all the time. So and so has a random tourney run with the unusual suspect and now he’s primed to take over the sport. Remember what Shaka was going to do at Texas?

Sure, he’s going to get solid recruits at Texas, but he was already getting them the last few years. Be prepared for less domination than you’re expecting, especially without his sidekick.

If Adams truly was important to their defensive success and in-game coaching, that should be worrisome to Texas fans. Beard certainly isn’t known for offensive wizardry.

He’s already coached as many years as Stevens had at Butler and didn’t achieve as much.

Regardless, this is all ridiculous. He doesn’t turn water to wine. He had a nice run or two with an underrated group of players. That doesn’t automatically make him the best coach in the country or even close to it. Notice that when he started getting hyped recruits/rosters, he actually had lesser results.

We see this all the time. So and so has a random tourney run with the unusual suspect and now he’s primed to take over the sport. Remember what Shaka was going to do at Texas?

Sure, he’s going to get solid recruits at Texas, but he was already getting them the last few years. Be prepared for less domination than you’re expecting, especially without his sidekick.

If Adams truly was important to their defensive success and in-game coaching, that should be worrisome to Texas fans. Beard certainly isn’t known for offensive wizardry.

i agree adams was his Robin all the way back to Little Rock and who knows what happens now without him. Tech will remain relevant under Adam’s.
Shaka actually had Texas’ best season since maybe 2011 under Barnes with that loaded team with Cory Joseph, Tristan Thompson and Jordan Hamilton that flaked out in the round of 32 . 2021 was the First time they won the big 12 tourney mind you. You have to wonder what happens if Texas didn’t get hosed on the 1 second foul vs ACU. I had them and Baylor both in my final four. Baylor winning it all.
AD at Texas didn’t care about the regular season and big 12 tourney and canned his ass. I respect that. I just think if Texas wins over ACU they prob run to elite 8 on momentum. Too bad.

beard will overcome that hurdle for Texas tho. You’ll see

I see @SheriffBufordTJustice is still trying to convince everyone of his delusions. We just told you Beard isn't taking his top assistant with him. We told you he was the Defensive guru of the program, and that he made the adjustments. And, guess what, we hired the man as our HC. Maybe there was something to that, hmm?

Of course, we would want to still have Beard. He is a great coach and the reason our program is where it is. But, he screwed us over, no matter how you want to view it. And we were pissed. Got it! Good. We hired the man who will keep our program going in the same direction, and also prevent Beard from taking him along to UT. And, guess what, it's going to be settled on the court. But, I'll tell you this. If we fail, so what! We just go back to the cellar where everyone thinks we belong anyway. But, if Beard fails, there is going to be one giant "I told you so" coming your way and no one will let you hear the end of it.

I see @SheriffBufordTJustice is still trying to convince everyone of his delusions. We just told you Beard isn't taking his top assistant with him. We told you he was the Defensive guru of the program, and that he made the adjustments. And, guess what, we hired the man as our HC. Maybe there was something to that, hmm?

Of course, we would want to still have Beard. He is a great coach and the reason our program is where it is. But, he screwed us over, no matter how you want to view it. And we were pissed. Got it! Good. We hired the man who will keep our program going in the same direction, and also prevent Beard from taking him along to UT. And, guess what, it's going to be settled on the court. But, I'll tell you this. If we fail, so what! We just go back to the cellar where everyone thinks we belong anyway. But, if Beard fails, there is going to be one giant "I told you so" coming your way and no one will let you hear the end of it.

You are getting excited about a guy who was fired by a mid major.
Chris Beard is the coach. Even if what you said was true. Beard has to listen to the guy. 1) By hiring him 2) In game decisions.
Beard is the HC. His decision.

If you remove coaching at D1 schools. Beard was just as successful at the lower level. People caught on. Why he moved up so quick.
Beard hired Adams...
Adams failed at UT Pan American. Good coach wins there...Lon Kruger Abe Lemons

You are getting excited about a guy who was fired by a mid major.
Chris Beard is the coach. Even if what you said was true. Beard has to listen to the guy. 1) By hiring him 2) In game decisions.
Beard is the HC. His decision.

If you remove coaching at D1 schools. Beard was just as successful at the lower level. People caught on. Why he moved up so quick.
Beard hired Adams...
Adams failed at UT Pan American. Good coach wins there...Lon Kruger Abe Lemons
Yep, Beard is a good coach. He is a great motivator and CEO type coach. I loved him. He has a great personality for bringing excitement. But, I don't think he is a good X's and O's kind of coach. His offense was bland and his late game coaching was his weakness. I've made that statement since day one with him. He needs to improve there. But, you yourself have said it many times, he just needs to surround himself with good assistants. If he will do that for offense, then he can get out of his own way.

And you are cherry picking with Adams, while overlooking that he won a NC at the JUCO level. And has had a very distinguished career in coaching basketball. I'm not going to sit here and argue that Adams is the best coach in the country. He is an older coach who was very successful at lower levels. He is stepping in to keep this ship afloat and guide us for a couple years until he retires. If he can keep us at the level we have been, then we will be in a good position to hire the next coach that we want, rather than make a desperate move now to fill the void Beard left when he bailed on us.

Yep, Beard is a good coach. He is a great motivator and CEO type coach. I loved him. He has a great personality for bringing excitement. But, I don't think he is a good X's and O's kind of coach. His offense was bland and his late game coaching was his weakness. I've made that statement since day one with him. He needs to improve there. But, you yourself have said it many times, he just needs to surround himself with good assistants. If he will do that for offense, then he can get out of his own way.

And you are cherry picking with Adams, while overlooking that he won a NC at the JUCO level. And has had a very distinguished career in coaching basketball. I'm not going to sit here and argue that Adams is the best coach in the country. He is an older coach who was very successful at lower levels. He is stepping in to keep this ship afloat and guide us for a couple years until he retires. If he can keep us at the level we have been, then we will be in a good position to hire the next coach that we want, rather than make a desperate move now to fill the void Beard left when he bailed on us.

Adams has probably learned a lot about coaching D1 Basketball since the UT-Pan American days. Those were about 25 years ago. I don't know if Adams will work out but pointing out those couple of seasons from the 90s isn't a good reason to think he will fail.

i hope Adams works out well for tech and keeps tech brand in the ncaa tourney. Good for the league.

You had the chance...

This is why if I was a Tech fan I would be upset. Adams wanted the job and pushed very hard for it.
Tech gave in...They could have interviewed a bunch of coaches.
Truthfully think Grant McCasland should have been the guy.
He also dominated the level that Mark Adams did

Enjoy that time in the sun, Wildcat..
Doubt the Big XII will rank in the top 3 next season.

Conference eyeballs should be on Tech, OU and TCU .. I think they'll finish in that 6 - 8 range, but just how good will they be? I'm not very optimistic.

Texas, Baylor and Kansas c/should each make some noise..

Jamie Dixon just needs the attention for his program. TCU is a team who can take advantage of a down year.
A lot of people who didn’t watch a bunch of Oklahoma State games are doubting them. Wasn’t just Cade Cunningham. I believe Avery Anderson is in the draft as well but I don’t think he leaves.
Oklahoma State could be in position for a Top 4 finish

TCU has some talent plus they brought in transfers.
Could end up Top 5

The other 5 I don’t know about.
K State vs Tx Tech

Might have 6 tournament teams.
Down year from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT