There’s nothing more relaxing than taking your pit bulls for a walk in the woods...

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by Nreakinfutz, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Hard2Bluff

Hard2Bluff Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

They were mistreated. My Lions are loved.

2. maxpower024

maxpower024 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

“That would never happen to me”

-Pitbull owners living in denial.

I bet that 22 year old girl who those pits shredded to death thought the same thing.

Nreakinfutz and Tidaltown like this.
  4. stabnburn

stabnburn Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Pits are ugly, and they suck

catlanta33 likes this.
  5. ClemsonAlumnus

ClemsonAlumnus Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That was my original take. It says they look like they were bred for fighting. That indicates they had more than just Pit in them and also suggests she, or whoever raised the dogs, probably beat them.

leatherhemet likes this.
  6. KF5Sooner

KF5Sooner Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The CC permit is a good thing. With everything going on with the world, being unarmed would be scary.

7. Tidaltown

Tidaltown Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The young woman raised them from puppies. Judging from her pictures, she seemed to love her dogs quite a lot. Unfortunately, there are many stories of family pit bulls, raised from puppies and living with the family for years with no history of violence or aggression, suddenly killing a family member.

You never know, but I doubt the 77 year old grandmother of four Dorothy Ford was beating her pit bull when it killed her earlier this month:

"Police said there were no signs of mistreatment of the dog or previous complaints by neighbors about the dog acting out aggressively. This was an important statement for Alsip Police to make; it shows they are aware of this issue and how pit bull advocates notoriously blame a fatal pit bull attack on the dog being "mistreated.""

Since November 4, pit bulls alone have killed five people in savage maulings: David Baber, 65 (Hamlet, NC), Tracy Cornelius, 46 (Guntersville, AL), Emily Colvin, 24 (Section, AL), Dorothy Ford, 77 (Alsip, IL), and Bethany Stephens (Goochland, VA).

Nreakinfutz likes this.
  8. ArkansasHogsfan

ArkansasHogsfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I’ll stick to pugs.

9. GatorTheo

GatorTheo Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It's a dangerous breed. When you get one, you put other people in danger. Your family, your friends, your neighbors.

Tidaltown likes this.
  10. Serge A. Storms

Serge A. Storms Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

^^^^^ stopped reading at “woods”

11. anon_sg4bgyiuileo1

anon_sg4bgyiuileo1 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The connection between cannabis and violent behavior is well established.

Many pizzas have fell to the stoner's violent tendencies.

12. bcsoonerfan

bcsoonerfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Lost pet-neutraility.

nowayman likes this.
  13. arockthief

arockthief Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I see a pit bull and I cross the street.

14. arockthief

arockthief Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes prob a Chihuahua in each pocket.

15. VaultHunter

VaultHunter Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

CainSC likes this.
  16. The Reindeer Terp

The Reindeer Terp Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I live in West End of Henrico - this was 3 miles from me.....

what else was involved?? Interesting..

17. xXibleedredXx

xXibleedredXx Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

i was fishing last year, just myself on the damn of this lake and after a little while these 4 hispanics came walking across the top of the damn with a PB. That dog came down towards me and I yelled at them to get it away from me and they said something to it but it didn't listen and they didn't say anything else as it kept coming towards me so I picked up a rock about half the size of a bowling ball and held it up as if I was ready to smash it's head if it got that close to me and one guy immediately started yelling at him in a much more serious tone, lol.

I've said this before, but I don't buy any of the "it's how they're raised" crap. There are dogs that are bred for all kinds of different things, and you can't undo that. You give me a 2 year old lab from NYC that's never smelled a bird in its life and I'll take it out hunting and it will instinctively flush out a pheasant and retrieve it. A herding dog is always gonna want to herd, a pointing dog is always gonna want to point. You can't undo that by changing or creating a different environment. A fighting dog always has that gene in it and always will.

Nreakinfutz likes this.
  18. AlaCrimsonTide06

AlaCrimsonTide06 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

19. CainSC

CainSC Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree with most of this as in the vast majority of the time, though there are exceptions just like with anything else. So I pose this question to you, where in the development and lineage of the American Pit Bull Terrier was it ever used in a Pit to fight human beings?

Short answer is that it wasn't. Labs flush out pheasants, Pointers are used to point out Rabbits or what have you, NOT their human handlers. Pit Bulls have been created and used to bait Bulls and Bears, and eventually to fight in pits against other dogs, NOT their human handlers. In fact, the breed was made so that if a handler's dog was losing in the pit, he could easily go and pick up the other guy's dog and say enough is enough. Human aggression was bred out of these animals because it is/was detrimental to the very events it was created to participate in.

I currently have a German Shepard, when i'm walking with him and my family or a group of friends, my dog doesn't make any attempt to corral us all together and herd us back home.

139 CainSC, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  20. xXibleedredXx

Expand Collapse

well if my name was shepherd and you kept calling me shepard I probably wouldn't herd anything either.

First off I'd point out that not every pitbull has killed or attacked someone or something either. We also have a GS and she is not a herder as far as I can tell, but that doesn't mean my dog or yours won't suddenly start randomly herding something someday. There are corgi's in my extended family, never had a clue those were a herding breed and those particular dogs never herded anything in their lives until one day we showed up and my parents 2 chihuahuas were running around, those crazy corgis herded them around the vehicles down the driveway and into the house.

21. CainSC

CainSC Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

well sh*t. you win.

22. Nod4Eight

Nod4Eight Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not quite. A gun lacks the ability to think and to shoot itself. A gun is much, much safer.

MKrip, 12Ghost12, Deathroll and 2 others like this.
  23. HuskerLivInTN

HuskerLivInTN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

u serious?

24. Nod4Eight

Expand Collapse

My girlfriend has a boxer, they have some of the best facial expressions.

25. Nod4Eight

Expand Collapse

I've stated this many, many times here. Their natural instincts can, and do, take over at time - no matter the upbringing. It's like teaching a retriever to no retrieve.

Tidaltown likes this.
  26. hang_on_sloopy08

hang_on_sloopy08 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I haven’t followed up on the story. If this lady adopted the dogs, then she has all my sympathy. But if she raised these dogs from Day 1, then it wasn’t an accident and I give zero F’s about her demise. Do we know yet if she raised them or adopted them?

27. HuskerLivInTN

HuskerLivInTN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Dude. Too cold man. Someones dead. She got mauled to death. I'm sure that was not her goal in life....Sure she was full of hopes and dreams and after all she was taking her dogs for a walk...not leaving them tied up which is too often the case.

Tidaltown likes this.
  28. Nreakinfutz

Nreakinfutz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I currently have a puppy boxer and she’s the fourth one that I’ve had the pleasure of being part of my family. Awesome family members and you can always tell what they’ve done or going to do because of their facial expressions.

midcalhorn and Nod4Eight like this.
  29. Nreakinfutz

Nreakinfutz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

They loved her to pieces too :eek:

(80 pieces, I think)

30. xXibleedredXx

Expand Collapse

Laughing
    The only reason I noticed was cause a while back I was on a GSD forum and somebody spelled it shepard and got corrected by a real snobb. BTW, there's some real snobbs on those dog forums.

CainSC likes this.
  31. Tidaltown

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. Buy a beagle puppy. Raise it in the city. Never let it see anything but sidewalks and concrete for years. Then take it to the country and let it walk with you in the woods. See if it does not begin running off chasing the scent of a rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, or fox. Centuries of breeding for a purpose causes this behavior.

If we arbitrarily assign 10 years to a dog's life, when someone buys a pit bull, he's acquiring a dog that was bred for at least 40 to 50 generations to be a ruthless fighting and killing animal, with all traits of docility bred out of it. Just as bad, when it does attack, it is hardwired to not stop its attack until its prey is dead.

HuskerLivInTN and Nod4Eight like this.
  32. kelley2403

kelley2403 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

English Bulldogs were raised to fight in pits against other animals
    like wolves and wild boar. That was still happening up until the last century and my nieces Bulldogs won't attack anything but a good bowl.

33. Tidaltown

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There's a rather large difference between the way English bulldogs were bred for aggression and the way pit bulls were bred. There's also a rather tremendous difference between a 50 lb. English bulldog and a 125 lb. pit bull. You'll also find one never releases its prey until the prey is dead, even to the point of maintaining its bite while unconscious. You won't find such behavior with an English bulldog. You're essentially comparing a .22 derringer with a S&W 500.

153 Tidaltown, Dec 18, 2017
    Nreakinfutz likes this.
  34. CainSC

CainSC Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yep. Plus, their jaws lock and they won't let go until lightning strikes. Nothing compares to the winged Pit Bulls that spit fire though, scary, scary stuff.

35. Tidaltown

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, nothing extraordinary about a pit bull's bite at all...

36. 12Ghost12

12Ghost12 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is true. Hasn't been any fight in the bulldogs since 1980.:D

Deathroll and Tidaltown like this.
  37. CainSC

CainSC Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They do certainly have good jaws, though im not sure a spring pole video is the best way to show it lol.

They also don't get to be 125 pounds, not without being combined with a much larger dog that was designed to be a man stopper.

Oh and English Bulldogs were bred to do EXACTLY what Pit Bulls were which was Bull Baiting. And they were damn good at it.

https://www.cesarsway.com/about-dogs/breeds/the-history-of-bulldogs

When Bull Baiting became illegal, folks started putting the dogs against each other.

38. Tidaltown

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes, pit bulls have been mated to other breeds producing even more dangerous dogs. But while bulldogs were bred to be domesticated centuries ago, pit bulls were still being bred to kill.

Strange why pit bulls are so very much more dangerous than garden variety bulldogs. Perhaps you can explain it's because they were raised badly, then explain it to this woman, Roxanne Hartrich, who raised her pit bulls from puppies and they were great dogs...right up to the time they mauled her 4 year old daughter Kara to death on the little girl's birthday.

"These were her family pit bulls that we raised from puppies . She picked them out herself. They were treated as members of the family, loved, exercised, fed well, and respected ……… they savagely murdered the little girl who loved and cared for them the most in this world without a second thought, directly following they acted as if nothing happened , she hadn’t riled them up, she hadn’t abused them, she was happily playing in the other room, they came after her and pulled her out of my mothers arms to attack , maul, and kill her. Her 2 year old sister was also there, my mother was able to save her and told her to run upstairs and hide, while she tried to get the dogs to release Kara….. My two year old little girl witnessed this mauling, the final sounds of her hero best friend sister being mauled by the family pit bulls…..The dogs she also loved and cherished……yes any dog can and will bite—- but any dog is not capable of this devastation—— please do not let your children anywhere near this breed of dog,,,something has gone horribly and inexplicably wrong with them—- it is not worth losing them, please i beg, i couldn’t stand if one more parent had to live the hell that we are living now."

"P.S. My brother had raised many pit bulls and one particularly captured our hearts…He was the sweetest well mannered gentle dog I had ever seen…I was always told the aggressive ones were because they were trained to fight and it was all in how they were raised….and if u got them from puppies that was the best way to raise any dog…Both of the dogs who attacked were brought home as puppies and picked out by Kara…These dogs never displayed any people aggression. ..always sat dutifully by her side ..watched her have tea parties, sat by her side when she was sick, thought they were lap dogs and liked to snuggle…..no warnings…no snapping..no growling…….just snapped!"

158 Tidaltown, Dec 18, 2017
  39. Tidaltown

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Maybe this shows their biting power better:

40. leatherhemet

leatherhemet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Before reading piece, I guessed Golden doodle.