ADVERTISEMENT

The Very Macho Avatar Challenge; Not For the Limp-Wristed.

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
So, @lurkeraspect84 and I were discussing an idea the other day; who here would be macho enough to participate in a game where another poster gets to assign you an avatar for 1 month, and you get to do the same to someone else? Obviously it couldn’t be ban or warning-worthy . . . but could be as close as it can get. Risky . . . but funny.

Thoughts?

It’s not that big of a deal really. Just a way to separate the contenders from the pretenders, that’s all. Jimbo gets it.

giphy.gif

This is going pretty well! We’ve got some alphas up in this board!

I figured we’d shoot for a time frame of mid March through mid April after everyone gets their assigned poster (unless anyone wants to request anyone specifically) to sport your new avatar. That’ll mean you’ll have them during the tournament!

Everyone will get their assigned person by Selection Sunday (Mar. 13th) in this thread.

If anyone can think of a better way or has anything to add to the process, please speak up.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is going pretty well! We’ve got some alphas up in this board! I figured we’d shoot for a time frame of mid March through mid April after everyone gets their assigned poster (unless anyone wants to request anyone specifically) to sport your new avatar. That’ll mean you’ll have them during the tournament!

Everyone will get their assigned person by Selection Sunday (Mar. 13th) in this thread.

If anyone can think of a better way or has anything to add to the process, please speak up.
Sounds great. That'll give me time to get rid of Pearl.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
This is going pretty well! We’ve got some alphas up in this board!

I figured we’d shoot for a time frame of mid March through mid April after everyone gets their assigned poster (unless anyone wants to request anyone specifically) to sport your new avatar. That’ll mean you’ll have them during the tournament!

I’m good with that as long as I can defer using the avatar until Italy is either qualified for the World Cup or out of it. I think they play 3/24 and a few days later if they win the first one. But I’ll give it a full month after.

So, @lurkeraspect84 and I were discussing an idea the other day; who here would be macho enough to participate in a game where another poster gets to assign you an avatar for 1 month, and you get to do the same to someone else? Obviously it couldn’t be ban or warning-worthy . . . but could be as close as it can get. Risky . . . but funny.

Thoughts?

I’ve had a Leonard Hamilton avatar since losing a bet like 2+ years ago.

Anybody want to tag another poster to ensure they don’t miss the invitation?

I think @hawkit3113 , @della and @Kevin Bryan should jump in! They’d come up with some brutal avatars for somebody.
Sure, why not. I already have a 1-month avatar bet with someone though and it is dependent on who wins national PoY. Oscar wins he sports the avatar. Kofi wins I do. If neither do, nothing happens. If Kofi happens to win I will have his chosen avatar from early April to early May.

Sure, why not. I already have a 1-month avatar bet with someone though and it is dependent on who wins national PoY. Oscar wins he sports the avatar. Kofi wins I do. If neither do, nothing happens. If Kofi happens to win I will have his chosen avatar from early April to early May.
You bet Jay, didn't you? 😂

You bet Jay, didn't you? 😂
Not sure. Is he the Illinois fan that thinks Kofi is God? Also thinks Tshiebwe has no chance of being NPOY even though he's averaging over 15 and 15, which nobody has done in 40+ years. 😆 If so, then yes.

ADVERTISEMENT