ADVERTISEMENT

The Super Ultimate Triggered Mega Rustled Jim Jam Thread of ALL FRICKIN TIME!

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Taking some inspiration from @ThePhog08 & @Steelers2012 in the RR thread, I was wondering what the ultimate hornet's nest thread might look like. What would the initial proclamations look like?

For random example:

• Iowa has everyone jealous
  • UL's smaller portion of posters own BBN's army of posters
  • S. Carolina will curbstomp it's way to the title this year
  • Duke and UNC fans considered equal in intelligence and class.
  • Jayhawks suffer most lopsided loss in school history to Mizzou.

something to that effect. What can you think of that would just get a flurry of reaction? Maybe a combo of some of the examples above?

Last edited:
Given the 44 page UNC thread on here, I have to assume being mercilessly trolled by UK fans, I would also have to assume some type of UNC vs UK thread (with the play-by-play from UL1986 of course) would create
The Super Ultimate Triggered Mega Rustled Jim Jam Thread of ALL TIME

Last edited:
Given the 44 page UNC thread on here, I have to assume being mercilessly trolled by UK fans, I would also have to assume some type of UNC vs UK thread (with the play-by-play from UL1986 of course) would create
The Super Ultimate Triggered Mega Rustled Jim Jam Thread of ALL TIME
Nominated ... pretty proud of my work in said thread, btw.

Whatever

As a "neutral" observer, ultimate rustlage threatens to occur each and every time Steelers posts.

My Lordt, the ignorant pop up and seemingly take turns attempting to better him. And how you know they blind with an ignorance only the internet can help create? They bring up Zipp. When pissed at/with(?) Steelers, they whine and snot out Zipp's name.
His name, his past, his posting habits, blah blah blah.

Zipp.

They bring up a dude who.. I've never even seen post here. Zipp has to be a grandmaster. The supreme Troll.

I imagine him on a throne with a halo and shlt.

Whatever

As a "neutral" observer, ultimate rustlage threatens to occur each and every time Steelers posts.

My Lordt, the ignorant pop up and seemingly take turns attempting to better him. And how you know they blind with an ignorance only the internet can help create? They bring up Zipp. When pissed at/with(?) Steelers, they whine and snot out Zipp's name.
His name, his past, his posting habits, blah blah blah.

Zipp.

They bring up a dude who.. I've never even seen post here. Zipp has to be a grandmaster. The supreme Troll.

I imagine him on a throne with a halo and shlt.

yeah-nailed-it1.gif

Reactions: KisteK
Steelers has changed since becoming a Mod on the UL board. I don't have any issues with him as he has always been good to me when I have posted there, but he has changed.

Steelers has changed since becoming a Mod on the UL board. I don't have any issues with him as he has always been good to me when I have posted there, but he has changed.

Try being a home board mod yourself, on a board that's a constant target of the largest and nastiest message board fan base on the webs. You experience the very worst of the very worst message board posters. It has a way of making a guy see things just a little differently over time. Winking
zSBsYbZXS0SqgFo2Uncb_Harden%20Eye%20Roll.gif

@Steelers2012 is the perfect mod for the UL rivals board. He has enough devoted time, willing to keep up with years of posters and postings, and loathes UK fans that talk about UL.

It sucks he said he's looking for a replacement, but he's done a great job of keeping their board semi relevant.

Off topic, but it would be fun if boards voted on mods for 6 mo. intervals. I'm not sure who'd be voted here the first election. @KisteK or @schoonerwest for KU, and @LetsGoDuke301 for the Duke mod. Who else?

@Steelers2012 is the perfect mod for the UL rivals board. He has enough devoted time, willing to keep up with years of posters and postings, and loathes UK fans that talk about UL.

It sucks he said he's looking for a replacement, but he's done a great job of keeping their board semi relevant.

Off topic, but it would be fun if boards voted on mods for 6 mo. intervals. I'm not sure who'd be voted here the first election. @KisteK or @schoonerwest for KU, and @LetsGoDuke301 for the Duke mod. Who else?

5029194-office.gif

Try being a home board mod yourself, on a board that's a constant target of the largest and nastiest message board fan base on the webs. You experience the very worst of the very worst message board posters. It has a way of making a guy see things just a little differently over time. Winking
Well, Louisville kinda painted the target on their arse and dared someone to shoot.

Some of my fellow Dukies don't see me as a good representative. With the proper amount of power. I could remove them from the situation though.

Reactions: Clive Gollings
Some of my fellow Dukies don't see me as a good representative. With the proper amount of power. I could remove them from the situation though.

Yeah, this. How about the Duke mod actually having gone to, you know... Duke?

The Super Ultimate Triggered Mega Rustled Jim Jam Thread of ALL TIME!

It is a little different on the other side. I have always found that if you allow posters some lee-way to come back at you aggressively, it makes for much better flow on the boards down the line. If you are a moderator who thinks his or her crap smells like roses and can't be touched,....you aren't doing it right.

Anyone who does not accept you as a Duke fan because they do not agree with you....well they are the problem and not you. Keep doing what you are doing.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Yeah, this. How about the Duke mod actually having gone to, you know... Duke?

The Super Ultimate Triggered Mega Rustled Jim Jam Thread of ALL TIME!
I didn't go to Duke. Are you saying I should not be a mod for the Duke site?

It is a little different on the other side. I have always found that if you allow posters some lee-way to come back at you aggressively, it makes for much better flow on the boards down the line. If you are a moderator who thinks his or her crap smells like roses and can't be touched,....you aren't doing it right.

I'm sure that works well on a national board, but it's been my experience that it doesn't work so well on a home board. Home board posters are pretty territorial when it comes to "reporting" and complaining about content they feel shouldn't be allowed on "their" board, especially from a hated rival. I would assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you do not have to deal with, nor adjudicate, home board and visitor posters alike complaining about what should or should not be allowed on "their" board here. I think you can listen here, as I do, and come to the conclusion that most, if not all, home boards get the "too sensitive and ban happy" tag from their hated rivals (and again...our hated rival is the largest and most vocal fan base by a huge margin). Home boards are just a different animal in which one particular fan base is given preferential treatment (lee-way) over any visiting fan base.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I'm sure that works well on a national board, but it's been my experience that it doesn't work so well on a home board. Home board posters are pretty territorial when it comes to "reporting" and complaining about content they feel shouldn't be allowed on "their" board, especially from a hated rival. I would assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you do not have to deal with, nor adjudicate, home board and visitor posters alike complaining about what should or should not be allowed on "their" board here. I think you can listen here, as I do, and come to the conclusion that most, if not all, home boards get the "too sensitive and ban happy" tag from their hated rivals (and again...our hated rival is the largest and most vocal fan base by a huge margin). Home boards are just a different animal in which one particular fan base is given preferential treatment (lee-way) over any visiting fan base.
I am a moderator on the Duke board as well as here and have found it to work very well. Not all the time, but far more effective than being combative.

I am a moderator on the Duke board as well as here and have found it to work very well. Not all the time, but far more effective than being combative.

Does Duke have a non-premium/member only board that is open to it's rivals? I've never tried to visit.

I know I am biased, but I've found the Duke board to be pretty fair. Sure, obvious trolls are obvious, but...

Does Duke have a non-premium/member only board that is open to it's rivals? I've never tried to visit.
Yup. We have a free board. Traffic is light this time of year but around the start of the season it picks up. For the most art the board has solid posters. In fact a few of them visit here as well. We welcome all visitors.

Yup. We have a free board. Traffic is light this time of year but around the start of the season it picks up. For the most art the board has solid posters. In fact a few of them visit here as well. We welcome all visitors.

Do you have a link please? I checked out Rivals and the only site I saw was premium only.

I know I am biased, but I've found the Duke board to be pretty fair. Sure, obvious trolls are obvious, but...

Meh...home boards naturally think their's is fair and their rival' board (and posters) is complete crap. Human nature is biased. Question is, do UNC posters think your board is fair. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT