ADVERTISEMENT

The Summer Content You Were Waiting On: Grayson Allen Picks Up Two Ts in SL, Gets Ejected

Interesting fact: In one summer league game with the Memphis Grizzlies, Grayson Allen has now amassed more technical fouls (2) than Mike Conley did in 844 games (0), with the franchise.

What a frigging weasel. Can’t believe that he hasn’t been laid out yet.

Duke should be ashamed about the way they handled this d-bag.

Uh, that’s some really lame stuff. He barely hits a guy above the shoulders as the guy drives past him, and then he shoves a guy who was holding him? THATS “oMg” stuff in basketball nowadays?

I expected WAY worse.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
WTF is going on here. I just watched one run of the mill frustration foul and a hard foul on a layup after a player getting beat. When I think cheap, I think nut shot, trip, undercut, elbow to face.....total letdown.

Reactions: TheDude1
Joking aside, the overall point is if you get that pissed over a hold on a screen that happens all the time (and in a summer league game no less) you need to work on your mental game, which has always been the case and wasn’t properly addressed when he was an emotional basket case in college.

Better an a-hole on the court, than off the court. Amirite, PJ Hairston?

Dakich and this other guy seem flabbergasted, like they've never seen this type of aggression before from a basketball player. C'mon, man! Draymond Green, Zaza Pachulia, Metta World Peace, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Bruce Bowen, John Stockton, and Charles Oakley are a few that come to mind.

And there's even Dikembe Mutombo, who has a rep as being a good guy, a nice person. But he very well might be the dirtiest player in NBA history. Check out all of Mutombo's victims.

Reactions: Quavarius
If these were the first occurrences, he might deserve the benefit of the doubt. But he’s clearly the same little douchebag.

Having to watch his last shot in college roll around the rim twice, go halfway down and pop out was a nice bit of karma. The next will likely come in the form of someone twice his size making him eat his teeth.

Coach K allowed and even encouraged this type behavior by Allen when he was at Duke. If he had punished him for this type behavior instead of allowing him to get away with it he might have developed into a decent player and human being. Coach K has taught his players to flop and do anything to skirt the rules.

Better an a-hole on the court, than off the court. Amirite, PJ Hairston?

Dakich and this other guy seem flabbergasted, like they've never seen this type of aggression before from a basketball player. C'mon, man! Draymond Green, Zaza Pachulia, Metta World Peace, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Bruce Bowen, John Stockton, and Charles Oakley are a few that come to mind.

And there's even Dikembe Mutombo, who has a rep as being a good guy, a nice person. But he very well might be the dirtiest player in NBA history. Check out all of Mutombo's victims.
This is not aggression. This is dirty play. The same kind of tactics that Coach K allowed Allen to get away with at Duke.

They should have been technicals, wasn't a huge deal if it was an isolated incident. However its Grayson Allen so its not an isolated incident. I'm surprised he's played competitive sports this long and still doesn't know how to be sneaky about it.

Joking aside, the overall point is if you get that pissed over a hold on a screen that happens all the time (and in a summer league game no less) you need to work on your mental game, which has always been the case and wasn’t properly addressed when he was an emotional basket case in college.
So you know it was not worked on or discussed by K and Duke while he was there.

You were in the practices and one on one meetings.

Ok, now do UNC and PJ or Roy and the AFAM where he said he knew what all his kids were taking and then flipped and said he couldn't possibly know. Or how they all had different cars from Fats and drove them to practice.

Coach K allowed and even encouraged this type behavior by Allen when he was at Duke. If he had punished him for this type behavior instead of allowing him to get away with it he might have developed into a decent player and human being. Coach K has taught his players to flop and do anything to skirt the rules.
Can you share how you know this information.

We don't know if actually holding him responsible would have worked or not. Dude could just need outside help he has never properly received and isn't willing to. What we do know, and have known, is that what did take place didn't work. Who could have possibly foreseen that, right?

Or Rasheed Sulaimon, amirite? Regardless, who is defending PJ?

Jalek Felton.

And no one actually knows what Sulaimon did, outside of his poor attitude inside the Duke locker room.

Grayson is a very emotional player, and yes he's an a-hole on the court. That's just who he is. I just find it a little comical when the announcer says, "I'm mystified." Really? That sort of stuff goes on all the time in the NBA.

We don't know if actually holding him responsible would have worked or not. Dude could just need outside help he has never properly received and isn't willing to. What we do know, and have known, is that what did take place didn't work. Who could have possibly foreseen that, right?
Outside help. Geez. Get a life. It was a hard foul. Happens all the time in basketball.

So NO, you don't have any real information, just your hatred of Duke and K. Got it.
Anyone with common sense can see it. Evidently that is something you don't have. Your loyalty to Duke causes you to see everything through blue tinted glasses.

Jalek Felton.

And no one actually knows what Sulaimon did, outside of his poor attitude inside the Duke locker room.

Grayson is a very emotional player, and yes he's an a-hole on the court. That's just who he is. I just find it a little comical when the announcer says, "I'm mystified." Really? That sort of stuff goes on all the time in the NBA.

No one knows what Felton did either and Sulaimon is just as guilty as PJ right now. You knew that though.

It really doesn't go on all the time in summer league. It certainly doesn't go all the time when held on a screen. Like I said, if you watch the League it happens constantly. Justifying his actions with things like 'an emotional player' are just excuses, much like the ones said by a coach once to justify his actions. There are lots of emotional players in college and the pros who have never done these things.

Reactions: kl40504
If these were the first occurrences, he might deserve the benefit of the doubt. But he’s clearly the same little douchebag.

Having to watch his last shot in college roll around the rim twice, go halfway down and pop out was a nice bit of karma. The next will likely come in the form of someone twice his size making him eat his teeth.

Yeah, but Grayson still has the same amount of NCAA Championships as Bill Self and only 2 less than Kansas

No one knows what Felton did either and Sulaimon is just as guilty as PJ right now. You knew that though.

It really doesn't go on all the time in summer league. It certainly doesn't go all the time when held on a screen. Like I said, if you watch the League it happens constantly. Justifying his actions with things like 'an emotional player' are just excuses, much like the ones said by a coach once to justify his actions. There are lots of emotional players in college and the pros who have never done these things.

Felton obviously did enough to get suspended. Probably because UNC holds itself to a higher personal code of ethics than Duke, though.

Reactions: sgrooms and kl40504
It should be noted that those two plays happened within six seconds of game play. SIX FREAKING SECONDS.

The intent of the second play would've been obvious for anyone who went right back at the same guy within 6 seconds of game play, but with Allen, it's even more so. Williams was laughing b/c he knew how badly he triggered him.

I love how dakich looked at the ref after the first one saying to eject him with the thumb lol

He has mental issues. I hope he doesn't get cut because without basketball he probably ends up going off the deep end and killing someone over something small.

Why does Allen act like this? It serves neither his team or himself any good purpose. Williams had a good game and maybe that was frustrating, but you can't let that get into your head and get yourself kicked out of a game.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT