ADVERTISEMENT

The state of the SEC

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
This year the SEC is solid, top to bottom as witnessed by some big OC wins. However, the conference is wide open regarding the best team. Kentucky is good as usual, but they are not dominate and the door is open. GBO

I don't know if I'd say solid top to bottom.

Vandy went 5-7 in non-conf and their best win was over KenPom 159 Radford
Miss St went 12-1 but their best win in non-conf was over KenPom #118 Dayton
South Carolina went 9-3 but their best win in non-conf was over #123 Wyoming

Don't get me wrong. Every conference (except maybe the Big 12 this year) has dogs. But saying solid top to bottom may be a bit over the top. It is MUCH better than it was a few years ago though. I just hope the SEC didn't sell their soul with some coaching hires of questionable integrity.

Don't get me wrong. Every conference (except maybe the Big 12 this year) has dogs. But saying solid top to bottom may be a bit over the top. It is MUCH better than it was a few years ago though. I just hope the SEC didn't sell their soul with some coaching hires of questionable integrity.

Outside of Pearl, who else is a coach with questionable integrity?

Outside of Pearl, who else is a coach with questionable integrity?
Ben Howland has had some issues.

Bryce Drew maybe unfairly can't pick his relatives.

There were reports of academic misconduct when Rick Barnes was at Texas.

I can't say I'm a fan of the way Andy Kennedy handled the Marshall Henderson situation.

There will always be questions around Calipari.

Will this be the year that Purdue actually does something in the tournament or no Final 4 as usual?

Will this be the year that Purdue actually does something in the tournament or no Final 4 as usual?
I hope so but have no idea. So much of the bracket is matchup driven so I'll wait to speculate after the bracket is released.

By the way, did Purdue just get called out by a fan of a school that's won 2 SEC championships in it's history and has never been to a Final Four?

I can't say I'm a fan of the way Andy Kennedy handled the Marshall Henderson situation.

So nothing.

Laughing

Look at the current state of the vaunted ACC and get back to me. What a terrible post.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Laughing

Look at the current state of the vaunted ACC and get back to me. What a terrible post.
Can't say I disagree on the ACC comment. Hell, I'm sure the Big Ten has some issues as well (definite questions about Richard Pitino).

I hope so but have no idea. So much of the bracket is matchup driven so I'll wait to speculate after the bracket is released.

By the way, did Purdue just get called out by a fan of a school that's won 2 SEC championships in it's history and has never been to a Final Four?

No you got called out by a fan of a team that has won 5 national titles. We can compare purdue’s football resumes if you would like with Auburn as well..

As of now it seems to be Tennessee, Auburn and Kentucky all at the top of the pack. Florida behind them. After that it's a lot of ehh. A&M is the most talented team in the conference and 0-5 to boot.

No you got called out by a fan of a team that has won 5 national titles. We can compare purdue’s football resumes if you would like with Auburn as well..
Ah. Your 5 national titles are impressive. I wish Purdue had them. Hard to believe last year you celebrated the 30th anniversary of the last one, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT