ADVERTISEMENT

The Single Greatest College B'ball Team

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
in your mind? You can list ONE team. No ties, no lists. The one you'd put in a tournament against everyone else's one team.

One.

excited-man-gestures-one-finger-number-1-picture-id185310374

Last edited:
38 and win the title.

Maybe, I'm not understanding.

Duke can still match '12 UK team. Obviously, they can't improve. they have to win the title with 38 wins

UNLV team that mollywhopped Duke in 1990. LJ was a man amongst boys and Greg Anthony was a lock down defender. Duke did get their revenge the following year. The Patrick Ewing led team that beat UK in the final was good too.

Reactions: tw3301
Kytothecore should change this thread to pick the favorite team of your school
Another horrible take.

ITT, we have fans of 6 different schools. All UK fans have picked a UK team. The one NC State fan picked NC State. A Duke fan, unc fan, Kansas fan and FSU fan picked different schools than that they root for.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Another horrible take.

ITT, we have fans of 6 different schools. All UK fans have picked a UK team. The one NC State fan picked NC State. A Duke fan, unc fan, Kansas fan and FSU fan picked different schools than that they root for.
Because none of those programs have a single team better than the noted UK teams. I can get on board with the UNLV team, but those UK teams have every right to be mentioned.

Because none of those programs have a single team better than the noted UK teams. I can get on board with the UNLV team, but those UK teams have every right to be mentioned.
1990 UNLV beats any Kentucky team.

But yeah, it was funny that a UK fan tried to be cute by saying that everyone was just going to pick their team when outside of one NC State fan, the only team represented that picked their own team was UK.

1990 UNLV beats any Kentucky team.
It would be competitive. That UNLV team had a couple of head scratchers. '15 lost 1 game. '12 lost 2 games, and one of those was a buzzer beater on the road to a blood rival.

I certainly would nominate teams from other schools, but I just had a hard decision when I thought about the length, athletic ability of of the '15 UK team. Could those other schools' teams beat them? Sure. But if I had to put money on the line, I'd feel comfortable - win or lose - with the '15 UK team. They were a fun team, and just played.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
The Patrick Ewing led team that beat UK in the final was good too.
I remember watching that team, and was always amazed at how intimidating of a team they were with Ewing's size and athletic ability as well as Michael Graham's cold stare and confidence.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Another horrible take.

Did I mention the GOAT? All other teams would have a great disadvantage when trying to play The GOAT.

I'll take 1992 Duke. An all time great college player in Laettner, one of the best college PGs ever in Hurley and throw in a young Grant Hill. And this was back when Coach K could still coach.

Team that I actually saw play....the 96 UK team and it makes me sick to say that!

Best team since the 70's is the 75 IU team before May got hurt. The 76 team that went undefeated is probably 3rd best. The 90 or 91 UNLV team is pretty damn close. But, the reason I picked IU's team over UNLV is simply because Knight was a better coach than Tark and already proved he could beat his style of play with less talent.

Before the 70's and I honestly don't have a clue

I think it would be hard not to pick one of those UCLA teams that had several NBA Hall of Famers on it. But its nearly impossible to compare eras.

'97 Kansas

I know lost in Sweet 16....refs REFUSED to call Bibby, Simon, et al. for some TOTAL HACK JOB Steals!!!! Haase, in that gm. was at MAYBE 65%.

Give 'em a healthy team and with their experience (Sr. Vaughn, Sr. Pollard, Sr. Haase, Jr. LaFrentz, etc.) man....nice balance in & out.

(34-1) 't'til the 'zona Loss. Only Loss (at Missouri) in Double Overtime where Kansas looked to have the ball....but in a loose scrum L. Frazier managed to get it and literally throw up a prayer that was answered.

Seeing these w/ '96 Kentucky....funny to see that them and Kansas actually both finished (34-2).

But Kentucky had TWO double-digit Losses prior to the NCAAs. As I said Kansas's only Loss was 96 - 94 in 2 OTs going in. They beat that same Missouri team after that in Lawrence & Kansas City by a combined 39 pts. the other 2x they played them.

Last edited:
'97 Kansas

I know lost in Sweet 16....refs REFUSED to call Bibby, Simon, et al. for some TOTAL HACK JOB Steals!!!! Haase, in that gm. was at MAYBE 65%.

Give 'em a healthy team and with their experience (Sr. Vaughn, Sr. Pollard, Sr. Haase, Jr. LaFrentz, etc.) man....nice balance in & out.

(34-1) 't'til the 'zona Loss. Only Loss (at Missouri) in Double Overtime where Kansas looked to have the ball....but in a loose scrum L. Frazier managed to get it and literally throw up a prayer that was answered.

Seeing these w/ '96 Kentucky....funny to see that them and Kansas actually both finished (34-2).

But Kentucky had TWO double-digit Losses prior to the NCAAs. As I said Kansas's only Loss was 96 - 94 in 2 OTs going in. They beat that same Missouri team after that in Lawrence & Kansas City by a combined 39 pts. the other 2x they played them.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT