The Sideways Locomotive Thread; Your Level of Patriotism, Hot Takes and Overall General Nonsense

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by Random UK Fan, Jul 3, 2019.

1. JimboBBN

JimboBBN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Looks small and weak.

brooky03 likes this.
  2. I am stupid

I am stupid Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to remind everyone I had "inside sources" that told me about this. I posted it on this board a long time ago.

The most mindblowing thing he said was the ice situation. They would bring in multiple refrigerated shipping containers of ice, which is very important with no power( food, medicine, etc...), and just leave them sitting without plugging them. Yes they had the ability to so, they had generators and fuel provided to do so.

Not to mention food, medicine, baby supplies, etc... that just sat that wasn't handed out. It was left in the containers and rats infested it all and rotted.

The reason the ice thing is so big is working on an island you have very limited access and space. Every shipment is important.
    It has to come by plane or boat which takes hours and hours of travel and eventually you run out of space.

Side note- he was there for medical purposes. When they would find out somebody was hurt out in the island they were driven in an SUV with 3 PR military men as fast as they could. Wouldn't stop or slow down because they were afraid they would be attacked. The US medical crew wasn't worried, the armed guards were.

Tl:dr- FEMA or anybody could have taken over and ran it more properly. The typical issue is handing out supplies too fast and running out. They obviously didnt have that problem.

SNU0821 likes this.
  3. I am stupid

I am stupid Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It hasn't been mentioned much or at all here. Anyone have thoughts on Virginia's 2A rally tomorrow? This could be a very consequential day depending on how it goes. Lets just hope everyone uses their brain and nothing bad happens.

4. SNU0821

SNU0821 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it’s a glimpse on where Democrats really wanna go. They want to get rid of our guns. Bottom line. They will start with rifles. Then when things don’t change, and they won’t, they’ll move on semi automatics. When nothing changes, it won’t, they’ll move on every other gun.

They’ll soon learn putting new idiotic laws on the books won’t stop criminals and only hurt law abiding citizens.

I do think this is a great rallying call for Trump in 2020. He can point and say look what an all democratic government looks like. They want to take your guns away. And he would not be wrong.

5. Longstrangetrip

Longstrangetrip Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Complete and utter nonsense. Nice to see nothing changes in this stupid thread, you are still a complete hack.

TheDude1 and brooky03 like this.
  6. Random UK Fan

Random UK Fan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it's off to a nice start, don't you?

7. Random UK Fan

Random UK Fan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

We need J in this thread!

8. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Yeah? Good to see you’re still incapable of arguing the issue and resort to name calling. Pretty typical for most idiot libs today. Can’t win on the issues so they call names. Lol.

Why don’t you tell me why my post is nonsense.

9. hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

We’ve been getting along in here.

SNU0821 likes this.
  10. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

He’s so brave for his comment.

11. TheDude1

TheDude1 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Because you have absolute no basis of fact for it. When was the last time the Dems passed major gun control laws? When was the last time you saw a serious movement by Dem elected officials to ban all guns? Who was the last Dem president who proposed banning all guns? When was the last time you saw any of the libs here seriously call for a banning of all guns? That’s just GOP/NRA/Gun manufacturer fear mongering, and you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker, just like all of those people who ran out and bought a hundred thousand rounds when Obama took office.

And I don’t think a rally where white power groups have wide spread plans to show up is going to be a good look, in any way, shape, or form, for the President.

brooky03 and Longstrangetrip like this.
  12. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Just so strange. Are people really allowed to walk around carrying ARs and wearing masks? I have to say, it doesn’t make me, as a gun owner and shooter, think “Ah yes, here are some people who are making a rational point, and I find myself taking their side.”

I wonder if anything goes bad today? Everyone better hope not, but especially the gun lobby. But honestly, if Sandy Hook and the Congressional softball game didn’t create any gun legislation, I’m not sure if anything will.

Must be a CRAZY stressful day for law enforcement and anti terror folks. With that many people walking around fitting the average “AH, SHOOTER!” profile, must be a ton of “false positives.” Thankfully(?) it seems to be vast majority white... the moment an Arab shows up...?

I see on social media that a lot of fake ANTIFA things are showing up, and as soon as Twitter blocks them they start another account. There is no way there is a sizable counter-protest, right? If there is, isnt the possibility of serious violence very, very real?

Oh, and was MLK day picked as an f you? I have to imagine so, but...

11252 TheDude1, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  13. bMORE607

bMORE607 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

As a gun owner I think these people are borderline insane, but I also haven't read up on what is happening in VA. Is their governor trying to pass legislation to ban guns in VA? Why are they having a rally?

14. Longstrangetrip

Expand Collapse

Yeah. Name calling? Stating a fact is hardly name calling, not surprised a trump supporter is so easily bruised though.

Your post is nonsense because no Dem wants " take away your guns " :rolleyes:. You have fallen for all the right wing crap you read in your bubble. You think that the NRA is made up of just republicans right? Because no " idiot libs " could possibly want to own a gun or already be a gun owner.

Stop reading Infowars, Stormfront and Breitbart for a start, you will only get smarter, well, a little smarter. Cant work miracles.

15. Longstrangetrip

Expand Collapse

:rolleyes:

16. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

yeah, I’m honestly not sure. I don’t think there has been a push, but I might be out of the loop? I don’t keep up on the fight over the 2nd. The second is pretty well protect, when push comes to shove...?

btw, it just occurred to me... it isn’t just MLK day... it’s the capital of the confederacy. As they say... Woof.

17. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

That’s one black man who would look at this thread, shake his head, and back away;)

18. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Obviously that last part was all planned. The optics aren't great. Like I get it, but can you not come off as a deranged gun toting lunatic.

Also just saw that ANTIFA is busing people in which means there will definitely be violence.

SNU0821 likes this.
  19. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Ah, okay, so every year a gun rights group holds a rally in VA, so this is just an expansion of that.

And apparently VA is looking at several gun control laws. Lemme get more info.

wait, where did you see anything about Antifa? Link?

20. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Oh, here is some more info:

Driving the momentum behind the Virginia Citizens Defense League rally is a package of gun control measures that Northam and Democrats campaigned on and promised to pass after flipping the state legislature in November.

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.

A proposal for a "red flag" law, which would allow authorities to temporarily take guns away from anyone deemed dangerous to themselves or others, is also being considered.

link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...richmond-gun-rally-tied-neo-nazis/4498339002/

11260 TheDude1, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  21. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yea I don’t have a problem with any of those laws. The only thing is who you deem dangerous and are taking guns from. I could see some issues, but as long as it remains common sense it shouldn’t be a problem.

TheDude1 likes this.
  22. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Bmore, can I ask a favor, since we seem to be civil for the only time ever?:) Can you explain why conservatives hate Antifa SO much, often seeming to condone them with more vigor than condemning white nationalists and the rest? I don’t like Antifa (groups who carry on with public violence don’t get any support from me) but if I had to choose between nazis and people who are fighting nazis, I pick the folks fighting against nazis, right? They just seem to be such a “bad guy” for conservatives in a way that nazis and white power people aren’t... Constantly the headlines on Fox and Brietbard and all of those places, whereas white power folks never are?

23. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

yeah, me neither. The handgun limit one could be annoying for folks who like to collect, but in the end, Im okay with a little annoyance (although honestly I’m not sure what the hoped-for result of that law is.)

24. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

There are several articles/blue check marks on Twitter claiming Antifa has been bussed into that town wearing Maga hats and NRA garb. Seems as though some people think outside agitators want to make it look like gun supporters will get out of control today.

25. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Oh yeah? So actual Democratic politicians saying they would be for an Australian style gun “buy back” isn’t trying to take guns away? Wanting to outright ban AR style weapons isn’t wanting ban guns?

You’re not supposed to drink the bong water LST. But I get it. You’re TDS seems to be in full effect now.

26. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They hid their faces. If you actually believe what you are "protesting" don't wear a mask. Have some backbone.

Also for people who claim to be fighting Nazi's they use fascist tactics. They are violent towards anybody who slightly opposes them or they feel like is hurting their cause, like Tim Pool. They define all republicans/conservatives as Nazis, which isn't even remotely close.

SNU0821 likes this.
  27. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

That’s the problem though. Acting like Democrats stay within the guidelines of red flag laws is like acting like there isn’t cheating going on in college basketball recruiting.

28. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Why would you insist on picking between two bad groups? Why not call them both bad and move on?

Random UK Fan likes this.
  29. brooky03

brooky03 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

SNU. I have to say, if you had a UFC fight against straw men, I’d bet my life savings (about $400) on you.

TheDude1 and Longstrangetrip like this.
  30. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Maryland has a law like this and wish I remembered what it was. I think its you can buy a maximum of 2 a month, but if you are a gun collector people know and will just set it aside for you. It's mostly an annoyance if you 're a collector.

31. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Are you suggesting Democratic politicians are lying to us about wanting to ban some guns and/or being in favor of a mandatory buy back?

I love that some of you libs can’t argue the point so you deflect.

32. brooky03

brooky03 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m saying that you take the words and actions of some and build impressive straw men with which to do battle.

- Almost all Dems want better gun laws
    - Some Dems want to take away ‘assault’ weapons

Your interpretation: All/most Dems want to take away our guns and basically nuke the 2nd amendment and I, SNU, will not stand for it! See how crazy the Dems are?!

33. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

I agree. Annoyance shouldn't be a big deal for people who want to owns guns. Limiting how much ammo or guns IMO are good laws to have. I also think there should be a minimum wait time if you're purchasing a gun. Maybe like a week or something. I thought some states may have something like this, but I know Texas does not. You can go in do a background check and walk out same day with your gun and ammo.

I honestly think there are some easy, low hanging fruit type laws that can be put in place. It may not drastically reduce gun violence, but I do think things like the above could help.

34. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

Nah. I was talking about Democratic politicians. You know, the ones who actually can make/pass laws.

35. Longstrangetrip

Expand Collapse

Just weak. Not unexpected though.

36. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

So this is interesting... apparently the account for RichmondAntifa is actually a fake, as are the rumors of buses of Antifa people coming into town.

the real Richmond Antifa is actually tweeting in SUPPORT of the rally, and urging supporters to stay away.

I suspect that a share of supposed Antifa stuff is just right wing propaganda, using fringe events or even entirely fabricated ones to create a “bad guy.” The way social media propaganda and the like works is pretty amazing, and it is so firmly dug into our world that I suspect we don’t even recognize it when we see it.

And the issue isn’t that we can’t call them bad guys... the issue is that the right wing media doesn’t seem to go after proud boys and nazis and white nationalists with NEARLY as much vigor as they go after Antifa. Even the posters here... you guys have gone on at length about Antifa, but when someone brings up nazis you often just say “Yeah well yeah, they are bad. Anyway, Antifa...”

37. TheDude1

Expand Collapse

Really? I haven’t seen any. Can you share a few quick links? And please note that blue check marks doesn’t mean someone is correct or telling the truth... it just means that they are confirmed to be who they say they are.

Many of the people at this 2A rally are wearing masks too. So were people at the Charlottesville rally. So why do only the Antifa people get dinged for it?

And judging by the posts from the local Antifa organization, they seem to believe exactly the opposite of that.

I get the feeling that conservative opinions about Antifa are based largely upon what is said in conservative media and especially conservative social media (which is often just random people posting), and is not always rooted in fact.

And it still doesn’t answer... why is Antifa such a focus of conservatives, but proud boys and nazis and the like arent?

38. bMORE607

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Idk about today, but I could have sworn the losers at the Charlottesville rally didn’t wear masks. I think people tried to get them fired from their jobs and such.

The proud boys also suck ass, but I can’t help you if you think Antifa is remotely good or worth defending their actions. They are worst of the worst. They are absolute pieces of shit. They are violent, fanatical losers. There is protesting and then there is whatever the hell you want to call what they do. Somebody is going to push back on them violently and I got to say most people probably won’t care.

SNU0821 likes this.
  39. dukedevilz

dukedevilz Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Probably not a huge difference in intellect between these girls and members of Antifa.

Random UK Fan and SNU0821 like this.
  40. SNU0821

Expand Collapse

I don't know if you're getting a full, clear picture of who/what Antifa really are and what they stand for. It would be much more genuine if you would just call a spade a spade. They're a bad group that routinely promotes violence against people who they disagree with. Why is it so hard to just acknowledge they're a bad organization?

One guess as to why you don't hear about the proud boys or "nazi's" (which the left labels as pretty much anyone who supports Trump so I'm actually not sure who this group actuallys is), is because these groups aren't at every Democratic rally or Liberal speaker events around the country trying to shut people down using violence.