ADVERTISEMENT

The scheme

I don’t have HBO but I’d like to see it. Somebody do a run down of what happened when it’s over.

Haven't heard about it unless you're talking about the McDonald's Monopoly thing.

I really like McMillions.

I'm not that interested in the Dawkins stuff. From what I've heard from people who've seen it is that nothing will come from it and none of it is very surprising. I mean, Wade and Miller pay dudes. Everyone knows this.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
That shit was laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. FBI comes in guns up at Dawkins, lol. What a bunch of dramatic bitches.

Some of my favorites:
"No disrespect to El Chapo and whatever they got going on." Laughing

"If you can survive a whore scandal, you can survive anything."

"Kansas and Adidas. Kansas was obviously one of the schools involved in our trial, who was allegedly a victim of getting really good players from Adidas..."

That shit was laaaaaaaaaaaaaame. FBI comes in guns up at Dawkins, lol. What a bunch of dramatic bitches.

Some of my favorites:
"No disrespect to El Chapo and whatever they got going on." Laughing

"If you can survive a whore scandal, you can survive anything."

"Kansas and Adidas. Kansas was obviously one of the schools involved in our trial, who was allegedly a victim of getting really good players from Adidas..."
I agree. It’s crazy how Dawkins wanted no part in talking to coaches & the informant pushed & pushed for it..... after he did, they didn’t even go after them.

I agree. It’s crazy how Dawkins wanted no part in talking to coaches & the informant pushed & pushed for it..... after he did, they didn’t even go after them.
Yeah, I had no idea the FBI was involved like that. I thought they just had wire taps. That is definitely entrapment.

The FBI’s tactics were questionable at best, in my opinion. Dawkins declined to pursue the FBI informant’s “strategy” on multiple occasions...or stated that’s not how business gets done. Seemed like entrapment to me but I’m sure a bright legal mind could explain why it wasn’t.

Some interesting context around the timeline and various events, but generally the same crap we already knew (Miller, Wade, Pitino). Kansas avoided any air time.

Overall, The Scheme was pretty underwhelming. I appreciated Dawkins’ candor early on but by the end of the show he struck me as a smug a$$hole.

Last edited:
Best part about it was Lou Dawkins UK hat. I bet the Cats tried to buy him back in the day.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I watched it and I was pretty disappointed. Thought this was a wide reaching scandal that was going to impact 30-40 schools, it ended up being manufactured by the FBI and they nabbed a couple assistant coaches. Big deal.

I love the Tark quote in the beginning. 9 out 10 teams are cheating, and the one that isn't is in last place. Lolol

Reactions: Villian07
Dan Wetzel of Yahoo took a fat shit on UL's forehead, lol

Despite being the “face” of the scandal, Louisville did less than any other school involved. The only thing they got is 3k that Bowen Sr said Kenny Johnson gave him, after previously saying under oath 3 different times, that Johnson gave him nothing, he recanted and said he did. So he’s lying one way or another, regardless. He also recanted on the amount of $ other schools/companies offered and ten recanted and conviently said he couldn’t remember the amount the Nike schools involved in his sons recruitment offered. Now Johnson is still coaching as an assistant in the ncaa, not in jail or blackballed from coaching, and Pitino is the HC at Iona. If it wasn’t the FBIs agenda to “get pitino” combined with being on probation for strippers, we likely wouldn’t have been involved at all. One of our assistants was in a hotel room For less than 60 seconds and left immediately after the mention of paying a recruit or family.

Don’t get me wrong, adidas paid Bowen and family, and he committed to us, well for like a week, but never played a second and probly never even put on a uniform. The court found us as a “victim” of adidas pay scheme. I’m not trying to argue we are completely innocent, but it’s mountains vs molehills when compared to the other schools actions. Yet we fired our coach and AD, granted our past scandal fast tracked that imo.

All the while the head coaches at AZ and LSU were caught on the wire openly discussing paying players and.......crickets. They still got their jobs as if nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkit3113
I watched it and I was pretty disappointed. Thought this was a wide reaching scandal that was going to impact 30-40 schools, it ended up being manufactured by the FBI and they nabbed a couple assistant coaches. Big deal.

They also achieved their original goal, which was to “get pitino”

Despite being the “face” of the scandal, Louisville did less than any other school involved. The only thing they got is 3k that Bowen Sr said Kenny Johnson gave him, after previously saying under oath 3 different times, that Johnson gave him nothing, he recanted and said he did. So he’s lying one way or another, regardless. He also recanted on the amount of $ other schools/companies offered and ten recanted and conviently said he couldn’t remember the amount the Nike schools involved in his sons recruitment offered. Now Johnson is still coaching as an assistant in the ncaa, not in jail or blackballed from coaching, and Pitino is the HC at Iona. If it wasn’t the FBIs agenda to “get pitino” combined with being on probation for strippers, we likely wouldn’t have been involved at all. One of our assistants was in a hotel room For less than 60 seconds and left immediately after the mention of paying a recruit or family.

Don’t get me wrong, adidas paid Bowen and family, and he committed to us, well for like a week, but never played a second and probly never even put on a uniform. The court found us as a “victim” of adidas pay scheme. I’m not trying to argue we are completely innocent, but it’s mountains vs molehills when compared to the other schools actions. Yet we fired our coach and AD, granted our past scandal fast tracked that imo.

All the while the head coaches at AZ and LSU were caught on the wire openly discussing paying players and.......crickets. They still got their jobs as if nothing happened.

His point is that UL has a long history of scandals.

Reading what Miller and Wade said in the phone calls was one thing, but actually hearing the audio.... wow. How the hell do these dudes still have jobs?
Because money.....

Can't punish the blue bloods because that would mean schools like Wake Foreat and Northwestern will take over, and the NCAA just can't be having that if they want to make their annual billions.

Because money.....

Can't punish the blue bloods because that would mean schools like Wake Foreat and Northwestern will take over, and the NCAA just can't be having that if they want to make their annual billions.

LSU is no blue blood in basketball. They are a relative nobody in bball.

ADVERTISEMENT