ADVERTISEMENT

The One TRUE UT Thread

I think we take it if we dont have any long stretches w/o a bucket. We need to win the turn over battle and foul shots at crunch time.

It’s basketball. Who really cares?

monocle-drop-gif-5-gif.281858

Seems you don't really care for the taste of your own medicine.
Seems like you’re a dumbass. The thread was started by UK fan and I didn’t say anything bad about UK in it. If anything, I said the UK guy was a good guy.

You’re probably too dim witted to figure that out, though.

Seems like you’re a dumbass. The thread was started by UK fan and I didn’t say anything bad about UK in it. If anything, I said the UK guy was a good guy.

You’re probably too dim witted to figure that out, though.
What comes around goes around.... even when you're 'admiring Bill Self', LuLu.

What comes around goes around.... even when you're 'admiring Bill Self', LuLu.
Ohhhh, so that is the thread that upset you. I even in that thread I stated that UK played well. I didn't bash them. The thing was KU players were falling like flies and yet they still managed to play well. I thought that was remarkable. Look up the thread to verify.

I think Self is the best coach in the business, but I'm hardly alone in this belief. That said, I admire Cal too and have said so.

...just one example.
First of all, "You stating this thread aged well" is hilarious in the fact I didn't post the thread a UK fan did and I defended him saying "he is a good guy". Furthermore, I said nothing bad about UK.

Secondly, This is what I posted in the Bill Self thread:

"This is in no way a jab at UK. I thought both teams played with a lot of heart and UK fought to the end. I read UK fans unhappy with the combination of players on the court, but I thought UK should have made it a point to feed Oscar more. He did a great job of establishing deep post position all night and could have scored more."

How is that an attack on UK? Seems reasonable and complimentary to me.

First of all, "You stating this thread aged well" is hilarious in the fact I didn't post the thread a UK fan did and I defended him saying "he is a good guy". Furthermore, I said nothing bad about UK.

Secondly, This is what I posted in the Bill Self thread:

"This is in no way a jab at UK. I thought both teams played with a lot of heart and UK fought to the end. I read UK fans unhappy with the combination of players on the court, but I thought UK should have made it a point to feed Oscar more. He did a great job of establishing deep post position all night and could have scored more."

How is that an attack on UK? Seems reasonable and complimentary to me.
Ever think that timing has a lot to do with how messages are received? You have had a pretty consistent way of chirping about it whenever UK has lost a game this season, or when the fans are pissed at Cal, or when the PTI guys on ESPN have gone after Cal/UK, or basically whenever you try some stupid superiority flex on UK ("also rans"), etc.

Funny how things are working out for ya. (0-2), 4th place.

Ever think that timing has a lot to do with how messages are received? You have had a pretty consistent way of chirping about it whenever UK has lost a game this season, or when the fans are pissed at Cal, or when the PTI guys on ESPN have gone after Cal/UK, or basically whenever you try some stupid superiority flex on UK ("also rans"), etc.

Funny how things are working out for ya. (0-2), 4th place.
The game was a great game and I gave UK a lot of credit, so I didn't bash them. I haven't posted threads about UK losses. Y'all blast Cal and I kinda defend him. I think he is a good coach. That's the truth.

UT is still projected as a #3 seed. Where are y'all projected? So, good luck with that line of reasoning.

UT is still projected as a #3 seed. Where are y'all projected? So, good luck with that line of reasoning.

That 3 seed is in serious doubt now that ut has 8 losses and is 4th in their own conference, but whatever makes you feel better. 0-2 remains, for now... but keep hanging on to that little crumb that you somehow still makes you think that ut is the better team.

UK right now is the 8 or 9 seed that a lot of tourney teams don't want to have to play. I'm ok w/that. I remember the last time UK was an 8.

That 3 seed is in serious doubt now that ut has 8 losses and is 4th in their own conference, but whatever makes you feel better. 0-2 remains, for now... but keep hanging on to that little crumb that you somehow still makes you think that ut is the better team.

UK right now is the 8 or 9 seed that a lot of tourney teams don't want to have to play. I'm ok w/that. I remember the last time UK was an 8.
The 3 seed is what it is as is your 8/9 seed. We both have to play them out. The funny thing is that I'm not the one yapping about it, you are. I have the right to counter your bash of UT. It may make you mad, but you started it and this is usually how this shit starts. So, as usual it is you firing the first shot and then feeling like I'm picking on y'all when that is not what actually happened.

I'm just a better shot than you are.

If anyone knows anything about starting shit, it's you. What's extremely bizarre is how you consistently deny doing it. I'm not the only one that calls you out on it.

If anyone knows anything about starting shit, it's you. What's extremely bizarre is how you consistently deny doing it. I'm not the only one that calls you out on it.
It’s funny how you make the accusation, but in fact it was you starting it. Maybe all this interaction will open your eyes some. So far, you’ve called me out on a thread I didn’t start or say anything negative about UK on and the Self thread that I complimented Uk on. Everything you have called me out on I have been proven innocent on (this thread and the Self thread). I implore you to find other threads which should be easy since you said it was constant.

It’s funny how you make the accusation, but in fact it was you starting it. Maybe all this interaction will open your eyes some. So far, you’ve called me out on a thread I didn’t start or say anything negative about UK on and the Self thread that I complimented Uk on.

There's really no legwork I need to do here. I've already mentioned a few examples just from memory. The fact remains.... you're a tenneessee fan. They are simply not a powerhouse basketball program and never have been. That alone should inhibit your mouth running and silly claims of superiority....but you just can't help yourself.

There's really no legwork I need to do here. I've already mentioned a few examples just from memory. The fact remains.... you're a tenneessee fan. They are simply not a powerhouse basketball program and never have been. That alone should inhibit your mouth running and silly claims of superiority....but you just can't help yourself.
This is truly where the rub is JC. The truth is I don't come at UK constantly. The truth is that I think Cal is a good coach and that UK is a storied program as I have said so many times. I have never claimed that UT is a "blueblood".

However, the fact that y'all have a rich history does not have any bearing on me feeling good if UT is doing good and I have every right to celebrate it. If you or anyone else puts UT down, I will put your team down and you know I can do that effectively or you wouldn't be mad. We are both just fans of our team. We have no right to think we are superior to each other because we have accomplished nothing. It is good to keep that in perspective.

^^^Hmmm....I might agree with 50% of what you've said here. There are still lines that you, the tennessee fan crosses from time to time. All the 'peacock' references alone back up that statement, given the fact that all that ut has is their lone Elite 8 appearance.

^^^Hmmm....I might agree with 50% of what you've said here. There are still lines that you, the tennessee fan crosses from time to time. All the 'peacock' references alone back up that statement, given the fact that all that ut has is their lone Elite 8 appearance.
Yeah, but you need to realize y'all hold some blame yourselves. You don't get open season on Barnes postseason without some shit coming your way. Think about that for a minute. It take two to tango, but I'm usually a counter puncher. Did you noticed, you just made reference to UT's lone E8 appearance and you did get "peacocked" in the opening round. I didn't start it, you just did.

Regardless of where we go from here at least we were able to discuss it in a reasonable manner.

Yeah, but you need to realize y'all hold some blame yourselves. You don't get open season on Barnes postseason without some shit coming your way. Think about that for a minute. It take two to tango, but I'm usually a counter puncher. Did you noticed, you just made reference to UT's lone E8 appearance and you did get "peacocked" in the opening round. I didn't start it, you just did.

Regardless of where we go from here at least we were able to discuss it in a reasonable manner.
There has to be a Hotel 8 somewhere near you two.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde

Not sure how there's any correlation, given the fact that the St. Peter's game is a 1 game anomaly, vastly overshadowed by the rest of UK's NCAA Tournament achievements. You're pointing out 1 game. I'm pointing at all time tournament achievements.

Not sure how there's any correlation, given the fact that the St. Peter's game is a 1 game anomaly, vastly overshadowed by the rest of UK's NCAA Tournament achievements. You're pointing out 1 game. I'm pointing at all time tournament achievements.
I'm pointing out if you attack UT, I'm attacking UK. The point of attacking is to diminish the other side and that is the only point of it. The specifics of the attack only matter to the point if they are true or not.

"I'm pointing out if you attack UT, I'm attacking UK." ......and vice versa, as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much the question is on what grounds do you have to attack or even criticize UK at this point? Our teams have played twice and the result was the same.
As far as post-season stuff goes, St. Pete's is really your only bullet, but given ut's overall NCAA tournament history, it's about as potent as a BB gun that shoots plastic BB's.
Let's just call a spade a spade, Della... you've spouted off crap about UK to me and other posters here as well. We could argue all day about guilt, innocence, who started it, whatever, but both sides have been active participants.

"I'm pointing out if you attack UT, I'm attacking UK." ......and vice versa, as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much the question is on what grounds do you have to attack or even criticize UK at this point? Our teams have played twice and the result was the same.
As far as post-season stuff goes, St. Pete's is really your only bullet, but given ut's overall NCAA tournament history, it's about as potent as a BB gun that shoots plastic BB's.
Let's just call a spade a spade, Della... you've spouted off crap about UK to me and other posters here as well. We could argue all day about guilt, innocence, who started it, whatever, but both sides have been active participants.
JC it is you that declared I am constantly attacking UK and you are going on a crusade against me over it. I am just pointing out that charge against me is false and I think you acknowledge it now.

My UK attacks seem pretty effective in the fact that you were enraged by them. So, it looks like you lost your eye to a plastic BB. Getting along with me is easy, don't attack UT. If you choose to go after UT expect something in return and expect not to like it.🙂

I agree that both parties are active participants and I'm fine with some joking around. I don't take it too seriously and would hope you wouldn't either.

JC it is you that declared I am constantly attacking UK and you are going on a crusade against me over it. I am just pointing out that charge against me is false and I think you acknowledge it now.

My UK attacks seem pretty effective in the fact that you were enraged by them. So, it looks like you lost your eye to a plastic BB. Getting along with me is easy, don't attack UT. If you choose to go after UT expect something in return and expect not to like it.🙂

I agree that both parties are active participants and I'm fine with some joking around. I don't take it too seriously and would hope you wouldn't either.
Just remember this is a 2-way street.

Just remember this is a 2-way street.
Fair enough, but you need to recognize when someone else starts it and I respond it is not the same as me just taking a pop shot at y'all.

ADVERTISEMENT