ADVERTISEMENT

The NBA is back?!?!

Twenty-two teams will take part in the 2019-20 season's conclusion. They include the 16 franchises in playoff position at the time of the NBA's suspension March 11 and the six teams within six games of a playoff berth.

Teams will play eight regular-season games apiece before a possible play-in tournament for the eighth seed in each conference. The league will then hold its typical four-round playoff consisting of best-of-seven series.

Reactions: WojoRising
The setup would have the season pick up with regular-season games contested by 22 of the league’s 30 teams on July 31 at a single site, ESPN Wide World of Sports, outside of Orlando, FL. An extensive regime of testing and monitoring players would be in effect, with players, coaches and staff confined to a “bubble” environment, where they would sleep and eat when not on the court.

This is SO cool and different and strange... can't wait to see how it goes.

Reactions: WojoRising
TNT has scheduled a one-hour live special episode of Inside the NBA for tonight at 8PM ET. They are expected to discuss the reopening.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I just think the idea of all of the players living in the same place is going to lead to some very, very cool stuff. Like, great conversations, great moments, great pickup games, all between players from different teams and the like... its just very very cool.

I just think the idea of all of the players living in the same place is going to lead to some very, very cool stuff. Like, great conversations, great moments, great pickup games, all between players from different teams and the like... its just very very cool.

lol, I doubt you'll see any pick up games. What I'm hoping for is they take this opportunity to mic up the entire court so we can hear everything that goes on between the lines. That would be a fantastic way to view it.

I've been watching the German Bundesliga since they came back a few weeks ago. The first week they had no background noise in the arena and you could hear everything the players were saying on the field. I don't understand German so it's all lost on me, but it would be great with the NBA. Unfortunately since week 1 the Bundesliga is not piping in fake crowd noise and arena noise so you no longer hear everything on the pitch.

Hookers will be bussed in. Covid will break out. The season will end for good and it will all be Trump's fault. Or Biden's. Just depends on how you look at it.

Don’t care. The basketball is terrible. 1:1 isolation and everyone jacks up 3 pointerS. No defense.

^

Casual

The basketball is actually night and day better than collegiate basketball. I’ll probably get lit up for saying this, but a majority of college teams are not very good, and their games are unwatchable. That just isn’t the case in the NBA.

Reactions: klize17
Don’t care. The basketball is terrible. 1:1 isolation and everyone jacks up 3 pointerS. No defense.
Laughing....Yeah, right. I mean I do not like the NBA...But to say there is no defense is crazy.

^

Casual

The basketball is actually night and day better than collegiate basketball. I’ll probably get lit up for saying this, but a majority of college teams are not very good, and their games are unwatchable. That just isn’t the case in the NBA.

The point of the game is to put the ball in the hoop. The shot making skills in the association are so far ahead of college.

You can always tell who actually watches NBA based on comments like that

Reactions: 829305 and UL_1986
Not back until the end of July... 2 more sports-less months! It doesn't sound very promising for MLB though.

The point of the game is to put the ball in the hoop. The shot making skills in the association are so far ahead of college.

Exactly. I always hear the same bs regarding NBA, and it’s generally revolves around it being soft now or they don’t play defense. Yawn.

They're going to argue back and forth until spring training next year.

Not being on the field for 18 months would crush them. Though the money has gotten so dumb I wouldn’t mind sending them lose their ass and start over. Feel terrible for the minor leaguers

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Not being on the field for 18 months would crush them. Though the money has gotten so dumb I wouldn’t mind sending them lose their ass and start over. Feel terrible for the minor leaguers
At least the minor leaguers are still getting paid during the shutdown, although it's only $400 a week. They would probably make more on unemployment.

I don’t agree with the no defense bit, and of course there’s far more ability on the rosters, but that doesn’t make it more interesting. Entertainment and enjoyment level will always be subjective. In some ways, it’s like arguing that the Transformers movie with the massive FX budget is superior to the low-budget, creative film with great scripting. Or the slick, hollow pop record vs the acclaimed, lo-fi indie band.

For me, the NBA isn’t as compelling as it used to be.

I don’t agree with the no defense bit, and of course there’s far more ability on the rosters, but that doesn’t make it more interesting. Entertainment and enjoyment level will always be subjective. In some ways, it’s like arguing that the Transformers movie with the massive FX budget is superior to the low-budget, creative film with great scripting. Or the slick, hollow pop record vs the acclaimed, lo-fi indie band.

For me, the NBA isn’t as compelling as it used to be.

I appreciate this response and get it

Bron shuts down Kawhi and PG on final possession. Still running shit.

ADVERTISEMENT