ADVERTISEMENT

The @jhmossy Bowl (UNC @ UVA)

The 1979 game between Duke and Carolina was probably a little more frustrating for the average fan. Duke was up 7-0 at halftime. Impressive stuff. Guess that happens when one team holds the ball for 11 straight minutes.

Bennett is ruining the game.

No doubt. We gotta find a new rule that keeps his ugly team ball out of the game. Why can't he be like a normal coach that encourages his players to jack up threes every 7 seconds - and makes defense completely optional? That would make the game much more entertaining, ala the McDonald's All-American Game. I hate trash coaches like that, especially when they're lucky enough to pull off three fluke victories in a row.

Oh, UVA is better than UNC. They beat us because they are the better team. Hell, most teams are better than UNC. That doesn't mean one has to enjoy watching that style of basketball though. Also, they called the fouls. I mean, when UVA fouled us the officials called it. Then we missed FTs. Not sure how that is blaming the game on anything other than offensive ineptness. I think some of you may be trying a little too hard here.

I also enjoy Bennett's offense. I think it is fun to watch. I just hate defenses that impede freedom of movement by fouling. He is much better at stopping people than we are though. Great at doing what they do. UNC sucks at doing what they do this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The number of women Tony Bennett could successfully seduce is alarmingly high - if he ever chose to go down that path. I remember Ty Jerome's mom was asked at the Final Four what first stood out to her about Coach Bennett. Her reply? "That he was really good looking."

He is a good looking dude for sure. Seems first class all the way as well. Still wish he would skip town for somewhere else, lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yes, he has. That is why I'm surprised they were only 4 point favorites considering that and how terrible our offense is.

He is a good looking dude for sure. Seems first class all the way as well. Still wish he would skip town for somewhere else, lol.

I would take him at Duke. We could double, perhaps even triple his salary. Of course he would decline, and be all, "No. No. I think that money would be better spent on the Women's Rowing team."

Yes, UVA beats UNC's good teams so no surprise they beat the worse offensive team in UNC history. I hate playing them. The way they grab and hold and slow everything down is nauseating. They are effective with it though. Bennett is great at teaching his system. They execute well.

I grew up watching UNC getting away with murder against us in Carmichael Auditorium, so I can’t sympathize with you at all.

Last edited:
Uva owns us as well (Louisville fan) hell we were up 4 with 1 second left and found a way to lose a couple years back. I don’t even remember the last time we beat uva, if we even have since we joined the acc.

Reactions: Quavarius
Uva owns us as well (Louisville fan) hell we were up 4 with 1 second left and found a way to lose a couple years back. I don’t even remember the last time we beat uva, if we even have since we joined the acc.

Mathiang last second shot beat us once. I think that's it though.

You should sweep us this year though. You're just a much better team.

Reactions: kelley2403
Roy has but not very often. I think he is 3-8 against Bennett. I'm not sure if we play them at home or not this year. I'm scared to look.

Roy has but not very often. I think he is 3-8 against Bennett. I'm not sure if we play them at home or not this year. I'm scared to look.

Yeah, we go to Chapel Hill on 2/15.

Yes, UVA beats UNC's good teams so no surprise they beat the worse offensive team in UNC history. I hate playing them. The way they grab and hold and slow everything down is nauseating. They are effective with it though. Bennett is great at teaching his system. They execute well.

Good lord

Reactions: jhmossy
So you think it is a surprise that a UVA team that beats Roy's good teams dominated one of his worst?

Not surprised. We were favored. But this is also one of Bennett's worst teams in the last 5-6 years and we were without one of our best players in Braxton Key. Both of our teams have a lot of work to do to get where we want to be this season.

Reactions: Quavarius
Not surprised. We were favored. But this is also one of Bennett's worst teams in the last 5-6 years and we were without one of our best players in Braxton Key. Both of our teams have a lot of work to do to get where we want to be this season.

That packline is a kryptonite to Roy’s system

No doubt. UNC also is pretty depleted and the players they do have are far less talented, outside of a couple, than their usual teams. Offensively they have been dreadful against mid majors so it is no surprise they struggled against OSU and UVA, two excellent defenses.

I have a lot of faith in Roy in terms of getting the most out of any group by March but I think the ceiling for this group is very low.

I LOVE MY UNC TAR HEELS...SMILE

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT