ADVERTISEMENT

The first rule of Space Force...

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
is that you don't talk about Space Force. But I have to know, will there be lasers?

Reactions: 829305
CQm4bbqUwAAKZ23.png

Would you rather have a laser gun or a lightsaber? My first thought was lightsaber all day but then I realized I would just destroy everything I own since you can only use it at a close range. Tough decision.

Would you rather have a laser gun or a lightsaber? My first thought was lightsaber all day but then I realized I would just destroy everything I own since you can only use it at a close range. Tough decision.

Lightsaber would suck. At least once every time I watch a Star Wars movie I think about how easily I’d hurt myself with it.

Anybody remember this old video from those 90's documentary shows on UFO's and stuff? Looks like we're already way ahead in the game. I imagine laser guns will be sold in Academy by 2025.

I think people won’t like what the find when we start sending regular joes aka Christians to outer space

What ever happened to the good old particle beams? We already have lasers attached to a 747. I think our fearless leader should build a wall that surrounds the earth and the entrance/exit is from the US. Build a space elevator and just launch immigrants in orbit. It should be built big enough so that immigrant families can be launched together. Shut up them whiny liberals.

Reactions: treyforuk
What ever happened to the good old particle beams? We already have lasers attached to a 747. I think our fearless leader should build a wall that surrounds the earth and the entrance/exit is from the US. Build a space elevator and just launch immigrants in orbit. It should be built big enough so that immigrant families can be launched together. Shut up them whiny liberals.
YawningUnequaledCondor-max-1mb.gif

This reminds me that in Air Force basic training, there is exactly zero time spent on what planes the Air Force owns and operates. People come out of basic and know nothing about the Air Force except rank and bed making. Baffling. 2/10, would not attend again.

Also Space Force is a massive waste of money. There's already far too much overlap between the services leading to billions in waste. A personal example is the fighting that went on with UAVs at the Pentagon level. After I got out of the Air Force, I would work on UAV programs for the USAF, Army, and Navy often in the same month. Just overlapping waste making tens of millions for my company alone. Space Force could be done by the Air Force as 99% of the functions currently are. And NASA handles the non-military side. Just a dumb idea.

Reactions: brooky03
No problem with a military approach to space.

Don't know much about the current proposal, or how it changes jurisdiction of the responsibility for our military presence in space.

I think we can all agree that aliens exist, right? I would also bet if we were to ever encounter alien life, they would probably be hostile

I think we can all agree that aliens exist, right? I would also bet if we were to ever encounter alien life, they would probably be hostile
I always thought they'd view us like we view ants. Let's just hope they've not invented a giant magnifying glass.

I always thought they'd view us like we view ants. Let's just hope they've not invented a giant magnifying glass.
If aliens came to earth, it’d be a given they are miles ahead of us in technology. And one would have to assume they are here for our resources. But yea, we would just kind of have to hope they thought we weren’t worth the trouble.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

What if aliens exist but we happen to be the smartest 'aliens' in the the universe? I always found it funny that the first thing we think of when we think of aliens are super advanced lifeforms that would just dominate us. What if we're the pinnacle of intelligent life and a thousand years down the road we end up being the aliens making contact with new dudes across the galaxy or universe?

If we're not the pinnacle of intelligence and some other aliens end up parking their ship here, I think it's likely they'd be sending their versions of scientists, not troops. Sending enough troops/people to take over a planet and start populating it would be a pretty drastic and costly endeavor.

Reactions: Hoya1987 and tw3301
What if aliens exist but we happen to be the smartest 'aliens' in the the universe? I always found it funny that the first thing we think of when we think of aliens are super advanced lifeforms that would just dominate us. What if we're the pinnacle of intelligent life and a thousand years down the road we end up being the aliens making contact with new dudes across the galaxy or universe?

If we're not the pinnacle of intelligence and some other aliens end up parking their ship here, I think it's likely they'd be sending their versions of scientists, not troops. Sending enough troops/people to take over a planet and start populating it would be a pretty drastic and costly endeavor.
I like this theory. I see aliens visiting us as a way to study how their own civilization may have come about. It could be like looking at themselves however many years before they mastered intergalactic travel.

But really, I have no idea.

If humans are the pinnacle of intelligent life then the universe is fugged Laughing

In all seriousness, it wouldn’t surprise me. Humans could end up being that invasive species we always worry about coming to earth. We could end up going to different planets and using their resources because ours have run out. I have a hard time believing if aliens did come here, it would be to live in peace with us or help us evolve. I think they would come for our resources.

I don't know if they'll be hostile or not but they will obviously be into butt stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT