ADVERTISEMENT

The Curious Case of Tyler Herro

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
So I was wondering, how does a kid like Tyler - or any NBA rookie for that matter - make the jump from freshman at College X to the league and start playing at a level that has him in "Rookie of the Year" conversations? He did pretty well at UK but not a generational phenom by any means. That being the case; how do schools have that kind of talent struggle/fail at times against less-talented teams in college?

This isn't a situation unique to UK; I think back to seeing the score of the UL/Duke game with about 5 minutes left in that game last season. The 3 Duke players were getting served by the Cards most of the game. I was surprised when I heard that somehow Duke pulled it out at the end. I'm sure we can all think of similar situations. Now, reread first paragraph for circular logic.

That young man in the video should be ashamed of himself. He looks like he’s probably 19 years old. That’s pretty embarrassing for him. No doubt that he probably has an account on Rupp Rafters. He should be publicly shamed on there for acting like my 7 year old niece would act if she met JoJo Siwa.

b47d346bb721249258382daa3809f164756693f3d76790aa240098f726ba50dd.jpg

Seriously though congrats on your biggest win ever.

So I was wondering, how does a kid like Tyler - or any NBA rookie for that matter - make the jump from freshman at College X to the league and start playing at a level that has him in "Rookie of the Year" conversations? He did pretty well at UK but not a generational phenom by any means. That being the case; how do schools have that kind of talent struggle/fail at times against less-talented teams in college?

This isn't a situation unique to UK; I think back to seeing the score of the UL/Duke game with about 5 minutes left in that game last season. The 3 Duke players were getting served by the Cards most of the game. I was surprised when I heard that somehow Duke pulled it out at the end. I'm sure we can all think of similar situations. Now, reread first paragraph for circular logic.

Honestly I think the NBA fits certain kids better than the college game does.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Ive said he was the most NBA skilled player you had last year....but its also been like 5 games into an 82 game season.

I’m not sure if Cal held back Herro at all. Did you guys watch us against Auburn? Herro’s defense is the reason we lost. It makes sense he’s excelling in the NBA where they play none of it

Damn, 10/10, OP.

Will say, I’m impressed by his start, but he’s playing a different game in the league with the extra space and handling the ball more.

Shouldn’t be that shocking that he’s improved on his range though. Dude shot 93.5% from the FT line as an 18 year old freshman, and his arms are short.

That young man in the video should be ashamed of himself. He looks like he’s probably 19 years old. That’s pretty embarrassing for him. No doubt that he probably has an account on Rupp Rafters. He should be publicly shamed on there for acting like my 7 year old niece would act if she met JoJo Siwa.

Relax

That “kid” needs to grow up

I don’t think I’ve cried since my grandma passed away 3 years ago. That was tough.

I don’t care when other people cry, though. We have no idea why that moment was so emotional for him and frankly it doesn’t matter much to me. I like seeing people enjoy something that much.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I don’t think I’ve cried since my grandma passed away 3 years ago. That was tough.

I don’t care when other people cry, though. We have no idea why that moment was so emotional for him and frankly it doesn’t matter much to me. I like seeing people enjoy something that much.

Yeah I get that but once I was a grown man sports took a much less important role in my life. Trust me I have a very emotional connection to sports and my grandpa but to whimper like that I assuming he is young.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
He wont win ROY. You have to be in the league at least 2 years to win that award. Ben Simmons seems like the front runner

Reactions: Montana81
He’s being sarcastic bc Simmons won over Donovan Mitchell when they weren’t even in the same draft class, but Simmons didn’t play much if at all his rookie year due to injuries so he was eligible and won ROY in his second year removed from LSU.

Cal isn't racist, he holds blacks back as well. KAT and Davis has been quoted.
Cal is the modern version of Dean Smith. Has tons of talented players each year, fails to win as many nattys as they should, holds players back from individual stats, but puts a ton of them in the NBA and changes the kids lives for the better.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT