ADVERTISEMENT

The case for Purdue over FSU

nole96

Oct 9, 2002
Please tell me what I'm missing here.

FSU is 27-6, Purdue is 23-9.

FSU is 3-0 vs teams that Purdue lost to.

FSU has 10 top-35 NET victories. Purdue has 3.

FSU has 5 top-15 NET victories. Purdue has 1.

FSU is 12-5 in road/neutral games. Purdue is 8-9.

And lastly... FSU beat Purdue head to head.

There is literally no logical justification to having Purdue higher at this point. But they are.

Please tell me what I'm missing here.

FSU is 27-6, Purdue is 23-9.

FSU is 3-0 vs teams that Purdue lost to.

FSU has 10 top-35 NET victories. Purdue has 3.

FSU has 5 top-15 NET victories. Purdue has 1.

FSU is 12-5 in road/neutral games. Purdue is 8-9.

And lastly... FSU beat Purdue head to head.

There is literally no logical justification to having Purdue higher at this point. But they are.
You’ll be ahead of Purdue come selection Sunday. But the reason it’s close is because of NET rating & SOS.

You’ll be ahead of Purdue come selection Sunday. But the reason it’s close is because of NET rating & SOS.

Yeah, SOS doesn’t help FSU’s case. Also, Boston College slipped down to 137 in NET, so FSU has a Q3 loss now.

Nonetheless, I’d probably have FSU one or two spots higher on the s-curve.

FSU has won 14 of the last 15 games. Does that fit into any matrix?

FSU is a 3 seed in my book. No idea what folks are saying about Purdue, but Noles absolutely deserve a 3.

Reactions: nickynooch
There isn’t a case for Purdue over FSU. FSU is a better team and should go further than Purdue.

Even being a Purdue fan if you ask me who would you NOT want to play of the two I would answer FSU.

Reactions: nickynooch
I feel the same with the case for Gonzga over UNC. Just see no way anyone would feel that is a solid argument.

Reactions: speedfrk
Who is the run away team to win it all? There isn’t one. This is going to be a Great Tourney.

Both likely won’t make it out of the first weekend.

Yep. By one point in Tallahassee in November. Not sure that's a great selling point.

True, FSU is a much better team now.
So is Purdue. They started out 6-5 and won a share of the BIG. Their best player has a bad back and has not shot well for a while. I do feel FSU is playing better right now. The last bracketology had Purdue as a 4. Good luck to both teams.

So is Purdue. They started out 6-5 and won a share of the BIG. Their best player has a bad back and has not shot well for a while. I do feel FSU is playing better right now. The last bracketology had Purdue as a 4. Good luck to both teams.

You don’t shoot as well when you’re shooting step back 3’s from 30ft. His shot selection has been questionable at best.

You don’t shoot as well when you’re shooting step back 3’s from 30ft.
tenor.gif

They beat us by 2 points on their home court when we were playing poorly. It's already been proven they wouldn't "destroy" purdue.

Purdue then and now are playing the same. FSU has been and is currently playing much better since.

They beat us by 2 points on their home court when we were playing poorly. It's already been proven they wouldn't "destroy" purdue.
FSU got 12 minutes from their leading scorer and 0 minutes from their top returning scorer from last year. Purdue caught a break. It could've been worse.

And we also weren't playing our best. You think you'd want to play this FSU team now?

* 1 point iirc

No doubt both teams playing better after that game. FSU playing better now, see my post above about seeds

Purdue was a dumpster fire in Nov/Dec tho. Looked like an NIT at best type of year

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
FSU got 12 minutes from their leading scorer and 0 minutes from their top returning scorer from last year. Purdue caught a break. It could've been worse.

And we also weren't playing our best. You think you'd want to play this FSU team now?
Fsu caught a break having the game at home. You would have lost on the road. It wouldn't have been close either.

Based on what? Unlike Purdue, FSU is actually good away from home.
Does FSU have a road win at an NCAA tournament team? I guess Syracuse?

Purdue has 5 quadrant 1 road wins. FSU has 2.

Purdue is undefeated at home. Fsu ain't winning there bub.
Maryland lost there by 2 points, and they're only 7-7 away from home. FSU is a far better team than Maryland.

FSU with all their best players actually playing (Kabengele and Cofer) would beat Purdue no matter where the game is played.

Maryland lost there by 2 points, and they're only 7-7 away from home. FSU is a far better team than Maryland.

FSU with all their best players actually playing (Kabengele and Cofer) would beat Purdue no matter where the game is played.

Why are you getting so angry?

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
ADVERTISEMENT