ADVERTISEMENT

The BIG 10 dominates in attendance

Your welcome, but we still would have beaten you.

Daddy is still the man of the house
I remember the local chatter talking about how Iowa might replace Kansas as the premiere program in the region because they had up and comer Steve Alford with guys like Luke Recker and Reggie Evans. Haha haha

Reactions: kl40504
I remember the local chatter talking about how Iowa might replace Kansas as the premiere program in the region because they had up and comer Steve Alford with guys like Luke Recker and Reggie Evans. Haha haha

Good Lord. That is comical. Steve Alford was the start of our decent to the worst our program has ever been

Yep. More things Duke fans wouldnt understand.

What is L Villes capacity in football.

lol. Has Iowa even won a regular season championship in your lifetime? I mean, you have to do some serious digging to find something to be proud about.

Iowa would slap the jizz out of your mouth in football. And it would be ugly.

Side-stepping the question, eh? So I'll take it as no, Iowa hasn't won a regular season basketball championship in your lifetime. Thought so.

Duke is nothing special in football, obviously. But we did beat your division champs in Evanston by two touchdowns. You know, the same team that won your division title by three games.

Side-stepping the question, eh? So I'll take it as no, Iowa hasn't won a regular season basketball championship in your lifetime. Thought so.

Duke is nothing special in football, obviously. But we did beat your division champs in Evanston by two touchdowns. You know, the same team that won your division title by three games.

Duke football RollLaugh

Stay in your lane bro

Iowa isn't 4-0 vs KU in your lifetime. Unless you died in the early 70s and were resurrected a few years later.

What's your record vs Self, btw? Bet he's your daddy.

So yes, two opportunities to answer and you've declined. Iowa has no regular season championships in your life time. Maybe this next decade will be kinder to you.

What made you go to the game, just wanted to see KU play at a different venue? College road trip?

I'm a UofL fan hookers be damned.

I had a HS friend that went to MSU invite us up for the weekend, great road trip. Great time. Nice seats for the game corner EZ.... fans were into it. I remember walking from party to party Saturday night in a great neighborhood off campus. Only player I remember from the game was Tony Banks because he was a big time prospect and he had a good game.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
So yes, two opportunities to answer and you've declined. Iowa has no regular season championships in your life time. Maybe this next decade will be kinder to you.

Don't really care about those. I just want success in March.

And I wouldn't mind playing Duke in both sports

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Can't blame you for wanting more success. 4 NCAA wins this century is on-par with a good mid-major.

I know. We have good history. We really do. Just need to consistently make the tourney. You can't make a run if you aren't there.

The Big 10 does have a lot of programs that spend money on BB though. Its not easy to do.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
....watching Purdue win over IU last year 48-46 made me mad at myself for even watching. Should have known what was in for when tuning in to a Big 10 game.

....watching Purdue win over IU last year 48-46 made me mad at myself for even watching. Should have known what was in for when tuning in to a Big 10 game.
Perhaps you just picked the wrong game. Purdue averaged 77 ppl last season, which was top 20% in D1. IU was....well.....um....offensively challenged!

Regional Final Appearances from the past 5 years:

Big Ten
Michigan State- 2 (2015, 2019)
Wisconsin- 1 (2015)
Michigan- 1 (2018)
Purdue- 1 (2019)
Total: 5

ACC
Duke- 3 (2015, 2018, 2019)
UVA- 2 (2016, 2019)
UNC- 2 (2016, 2017)
Notre Dame- 2 (2015, 2016)
Louisville- 1 (2015)
Syracuse- 1 (2016)
Florida State- 1 (2018)
Total: 12

You're probably right, though. ACC can't compete with the daily grind of the Big Ten... and they just get lucky in the NCAAs.
The problem for the BIG is that they haven't had many of the top 2 or 3 teams year in and year out. However, they have consistently had more then it's fair share of 10 through 100 teams. Those teams don't typically win the tournament year in and year out. The ACC has consistently had those top 3 or 4 teams year in and year out.

I've always felt the drop off from #1 and #10 has usually been greater in the ACC. But, that #1 team in the ACC, is usually better then the BIG's #1 team.

Other BIG fans try and downplay this, but I think the biggest reason for this is IU not acting like a blueblood for the past 25 years. It's actually pretty remarkable how well the BIG has done without its blueblood. What would the SEC look like the past 25 years if UK had fallen off the earth? How would the BIG 12 looked if it had happened to Kansas? Look at how the Pac 12 has looked during this same time.

Each of these conferences would have had outlier years where a team overachieved. But, it definitely wouldn't have been anywhere close to consistent. Only the ACC could have handled losing a blueblood any better. Simply because it has multiple of them.

Reactions: dukedevilz
The problem for the BIG is that they haven't had many of the top 2 or 3 teams year in and year out. However, they have consistently had more then it's fair share of 10 through 100 teams. Those teams don't typically win the tournament year in and year out. The ACC has consistently had those top 3 or 4 teams year in and year out.

I've always felt the drop off from #1 and #10 has usually been greater in the ACC. But, that #1 team in the ACC, is usually better then the BIG's #1 team.

Other BIG fans try and downplay this, but I think the biggest reason for this is IU not acting like a blueblood for the past 25 years. It's actually pretty remarkable how well the BIG has done without its blueblood. What would the SEC look like the past 25 years if UK had fallen off the earth? How would the BIG 12 looked if it had happened to Kansas? Look at how the Pac 12 has looked during this same time.

Each of these conferences would have had outlier years where a team overachieved. But, it definitely wouldn't have been anywhere close to consistent. Only the ACC could have handled losing a blueblood any better. Simply because it has multiple of them.

I agree with your assessment. Well said.

Reactions: jace4655555
5. Wisconsin
10. Nebraska
12. Indiana
13. Michigan St
14. Purdue
18. Maryland
19. Ohio St
23. Iowa
24. Michigan
25. Illinois

That is impressive. And you wonder why our seeding hurts us in March.
I would like to congratulate you on landing Tylers younger brother. If he’s half as good as Tyler y’all got a stud. I’m sure ulis will be an immediate impact player, and be a very good four year player for Iowa.

Regional Final Appearances from the past 5 years:

Big Ten
Michigan State- 2 (2015, 2019)
Wisconsin- 1 (2015)
Michigan- 1 (2018)
Purdue- 1 (2019)
Total: 5

ACC
Duke- 3 (2015, 2018, 2019)
UVA- 2 (2016, 2019)
UNC- 2 (2016, 2017)
Notre Dame- 2 (2015, 2016)
Louisville- 1 (2015)
Syracuse- 1 (2016)
Florida State- 1 (2018)
Total: 12

You're probably right, though. ACC can't compete with the daily grind of the Big Ten... and they just get lucky in the NCAAs.

How cucked are that you’re in a thread about Big Ten attendance looking up ACC final fours?

How cucked are that you’re in a thread about Big Ten attendance looking up ACC final fours?

My initial response was simply replying to the argument that UVA wouldn't do so well in the Big Ten (3rd post in this thread). If UVA is winning in the most successful conference from the past 5 years, then yes, they would also have success in the Big Ten. And FWIW, I didn't have to look up any of that info. Already have that chiseled into memory.

My initial response was simply replying to the argument that UVA wouldn't do so well in the Big Ten (3rd post in this thread). If UVA is winning in the most successful conference from the past 5 years, then yes, they would also have success in the Big Ten. And FWIW, I didn't have to look up any of that info. Already have that chiseled into memory.

Nice avatar

5. Wisconsin
10. Nebraska
12. Indiana
13. Michigan St
14. Purdue
18. Maryland
19. Ohio St
23. Iowa
24. Michigan
25. Illinois

That is impressive. And you wonder why our seeding hurts us in March.
The Big ten has IU. That is all you need to know about the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT