ADVERTISEMENT

The BIG 10 dominates in attendance

I was already getting it. Winning on the road in the ACC, a conference more dominant in the NCAAs than any other league, would translate to winning on the road in the Big Ten. Honestly, saying you're not sure UVA would be good in the Big Ten was a poor argument from the go. There is no substance in that. It's as silly as someone suggesting that Michigan State would do poor in the ACC because they haven't won a road ACC game since 1999.

Nope. Top heavy based on attendance

Nope. Top heavy based on attendance

Better conference, based on results.

bigten-acc.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy
Look at how many Big 10 teams have made the title game. That is the difference between the Big 10 and ACC.

We are so much more balance and not a top heavy league.

If I take out Duke-UNC-UVA out of the equation, ACC still has 11 Sweet 16's and 5 Elite 8's. In conclusion, you're wrong.

If you take away the Big 10 top 3, you still have 3 teams that played in a title game. Can you say that?

I was only going back to 2000. And don't claim Louisville. I am not claiming Maryland

Okay just Maryland and GT then. So you have 3 to our 2. Difference is that we turn our title games into titles.

Like I said, an annual 3 to 7 seed

“Guys, Nebraska has 500 more fans in this place than our usual game back in the ACC (the halcyon days). I see no path to victory. I’m no coward, but the best option is to get back on the bus. At least we’ll maintain a shred of dignity.”

So, to recap: ACC has had 5 teams reach the title game this century, while the Big Ten has had 6.

Record in title games this century
ACC: 8-2 (only losses: GT in 04; UNC in 16)
Big Ten: 1-7 (only win: MSU in 00)

Reactions: jhmossy
My data from 2015-2019 is probably a better snapshot of the current landscape than dating back to 2000, however, because Louisville joined in 2015, and Syracuse and Notre Dame joined the previous season. Maryland joined the Big Ten in 2014-2015.

So, to recap: ACC has had 5 teams reach the title game this century, while the Big Ten has had 6.

Record in title games this century
ACC: 8-2 (only losses: GT in 04; UNC in 16)
Big Ten: 1-7 (only win: MSU in 00)

Looks like a pretty solid basis for the reason UVA would lose games on the road.

2009-2010 season; he's 5-0 on the road against the Big Ten.

And Bennett and UVA beat Iowa by 33 points last time. But congrats on beating him in his start-up years.

Scoreboard.

We ended a 19 game home winning streak

Nah. Being 4-0 vs Kansas and 3-1 vs UNC in my lifetime are much bigger.

I was trying to remember the last time that KU played Iowa...how could I have forgotten the greatest win in Iowa history?RollLaugh

Iowa Stuns No. 10 Kansas

BY CBSNEWS.COM STAFF CBSNEWS.COM STAFF

DECEMBER 9, 1998 / 1:02 AM / CBS SPORTSLINE

Iowa's long-range shooting helped the Hawkeyes snap the longest home winning streak in the nation.
Kent McCausland hit two 3-pointers in the final 1:40 as the Hawkeyes beat No. 10 Kansas 85-81 Tuesday night, ending the Jayhawks' home winning streak at 62 games.

"For crying out loud, this is the greatest win in the history of the Hawkeyes," McCausland said.

I was trying to remember the last time that KU played Iowa...how could I have forgotten the greatest win in Iowa history?RollLaugh

Iowa Stuns No. 10 Kansas

BY CBSNEWS.COM STAFF CBSNEWS.COM STAFF

DECEMBER 9, 1998 / 1:02 AM / CBS SPORTSLINE

Iowa's long-range shooting helped the Hawkeyes snap the longest home winning streak in the nation.
Kent McCausland hit two 3-pointers in the final 1:40 as the Hawkeyes beat No. 10 Kansas 85-81 Tuesday night, ending the Jayhawks' home winning streak at 62 games.

"For crying out loud, this is the greatest win in the history of the Hawkeyes," McCausland said.
That was my first game ever at AFH. What a letdown that was.

ADVERTISEMENT