12. Indiana
13. Michigan St
14. Purdue
18. Maryland
19. Ohio St
23. Iowa
24. Michigan
25. Illinois

That is impressive. And you wonder why our seeding hurts us in March.

Reactions: northeastspartan
So still much better than Iowa? Got it.

Maybe. But you guys had the easiest path to the FF. You didn't really beat any traditional powers. But I would still take it.

My point is, the venues and fanbases effect our path in March

5. Wisconsin
10. Nebraska
12. Indiana
13. Michigan St
14. Purdue
18. Maryland
19. Ohio St
23. Iowa
24. Michigan
25. Illinois

That is impressive. And you wonder why our seeding hurts us in March.

85ab91a135e1ef92d9a6010f9018f244.jpeg

Maybe. But you guys had the easiest path to the FF. You didn't really beat any traditional powers. But I would still take it.

My point is, the venues and fanbases effect our path in March

Weak argument. 14 of the Sweet 16 teams were 1-4 seeds. One of the chalkiest brackets I can remember. The others were 5-seed Auburn and 12-seed Oregon. Oregon was actually a top 30 Kenpom team by the end of the season. Not our fault that the traditional powers couldn't win their games when it mattered most. We were destined to win this past year so they probably just saved themselves from additional heartbreak.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Errrrrbody crawls out of the woodwork when the Cats come to town.
  • For all-game attendance – including home, road and neutral-site games – Kentucky broke the record it set in 2012, with 922,653 fans watching the Wildcats in person at its 40 games. The former record by the Wildcats was 885,953 fans. Thirteen teams played in front of more than 500,000 fans in 2014.

Errrrrbody crawls out of the woodwork when the Cats come to town.
  • For all-game attendance – including home, road and neutral-site games – Kentucky broke the record it set in 2012, with 922,653 fans watching the Wildcats in person at its 40 games. The former record by the Wildcats was 885,953 fans. Thirteen teams played in front of more than 500,000 fans in 2014.

Who you are is definitely a bigger factor than where you’re playing. For example, when Iowa comes to town, most of the below-capacity crowd is probably playing games on their phones.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Who you are is definitely a bigger factor than where you’re playing. For example, when Iowa comes to town, most of the below-capacity crowd is probably playing games on their phones.
Not sure what you're saying here. All I know is that UK is the only sell-out of the year for many of their road games.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Well yeah, smaller arenas amplify sound much more efficiently. Of course to understand this you would have to be able to comprehend simple science. Winking

So why'd you disagree with my original comment?

But the bigger factor for Kentucky is the disproportionate number of geezers and their positioning.

I am talking about playing on the road and tough venues

Wouldn't those tough venues that you play in prepare you for the tough venues you find in the tourney?

Considering 3 of the last 5 champs have come from the ACC, maybe playing tough teams regardless of venue is what helps you best in the tourney.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Wouldn't those tough venues that you play in prepare you for the tough venues you find in the tourney?

Considering 3 of the last 5 champs have come from the ACC, maybe playing tough teams regardless of venue is what helps you best in the tourney.

It should in theory, but you have to be lucky and good in March. Plus the Big 10 refs blow, so not sure how much you get better when they give everyone home cooking

But getting stuck in shitty seeds can definitely make it more challenging.

Reactions: jhmossy
It should in theory, but you have to be lucky and good in March. Plus the Big 10 refs blow, so not sure how much you get better when they give everyone home cooking

But getting stuck in shitty seeds can definitely make it more challenging.

You should join the ACC. We get 3 1 seeds because the NCAA recognizes where the best basketball is played.

So why'd you disagree with my original comment?

But the bigger factor for Kentucky is the disproportionate number of geezers and their positioning.
I didn't disagree. Yes, it's unfortunate that the old, rich geezers snatch up all the lower level seating closest to the court. When a new arena was proposed it included a bunch of suites, which would've been ideal. But in the end they just decided to do renovations instead. :mad:

Not sure what you're saying here. All I know is that UK is the only sell-out of the year for many of their road games.

I'm saying that Iowa doesn't have the same effect on a crowd as Duke, KU or Kentucky.

I am talking about playing on the road and tough venues

Regional Final Appearances from the past 5 years:

Big Ten
Michigan State- 2 (2015, 2019)
Wisconsin- 1 (2015)
Michigan- 1 (2018)
Purdue- 1 (2019)
Total: 5

ACC
Duke- 3 (2015, 2018, 2019)
UVA- 2 (2016, 2019)
UNC- 2 (2016, 2017)
Notre Dame- 2 (2015, 2016)
Louisville- 1 (2015)
Syracuse- 1 (2016)
Florida State- 1 (2018)
Total: 12

You're probably right, though. ACC can't compete with the daily grind of the Big Ten... and they just get lucky in the NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT