ADVERTISEMENT

The Anniversary Thread of the “Anniversary Thread”

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
I believe most of us were around/participants in the Anniversary Thread some time back started by @uncfan in ky celebrating UNC being cleared of all charges of academic fraud. The thread was eventually removed, but not before the airing of some grievances between fan bases.

The last few seasons have brought consequence-free recruiting violation investigations to a couple of blueblood programs, some “strong-ass offers”, flipped commits and the suspicious rise in housing of one unnamed recruit into focus. Throw in the retirement of Roy Williams and the upcoming retirement of arguably modern times’ most-controversial coach. . . basketball might be the most dramatic sport recently. While that thread may be long-gone, the passion it stirred certainly hasn’t been forgotten.

Oh well . . . here’s to “proof”, right?

BlaringBitterGroundbeetle-max-1mb.gif

UNC getting off broke Jarms back in the day. I didn't/still don't understand why fans expected anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
UNC getting off broke Jarms back in the day. I didn't/still don't understand why fans expected anything else.
Yeah, I think that thread was the beginning of the end for him. I know it took a deep toll on a couple of Duke fans as well. Fortunately, as fellow UK fans, we have been controversy-free through it all, and have popped out on the other side of it all without even a scintilla of suspicion around the program.

Even the most sinister of our detractors have no traction.

the-hangover-zack-galifianakis.gif

Yeah, I think that thread was the beginning of the end for him. I know it took a deep toll on a couple of Duke fans as well. Fortunately, as fellow UK fans, we have been controversy-free through it all, and have popped out on the other side of it all without even a scintilla of suspicion around the program.

Even the most sinister of our detractors have no traction.

the-hangover-zack-galifianakis.gif
I don't know, I bet Phil (AFAM) knows UK and Cal are cheating, because they're getting really good recruits, that’s the only way they can get all those #1 recruiting classes…

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
How many UNC fans will admit to getting away with a loophole?

I think UK fans would admit the wrong doing and probably apologize in some sense to the rest of the basketball community.

I demand the coach to be fired. I couldn't root for a team that didn't put players first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT