ADVERTISEMENT

THE ACC SCHOOLS ALL WANT OUT OF THE ACC

Yeah $, football, TV might be driving it all but I don't see why we can't talk about the impact realignment is gonna have on college basketball on the college basketball board?
You are right ... I just saw the post on the "new post" list and didn't realize the thread had initiated in the BB forum. Adios.

You are right ... I just saw the post on the "new post" list and didn't realize the thread had initiated in the BB forum. Adios.

giphy.gif

If you enjoy watching basketball then you enjoy watching pro and college ball. For most of us, latching on to a college team or growing up with family that went to a certain school was a lot more common that following an NBA team. That’s why we are on a college basketball board.

It’s nowhere close to the NFL but it’s not hard to see why most kids would watch a random NBA game over a random college game. They’re just more entertaining. More stars. More exposure.

Hell, all this realignment stuff is going to hurt the college game much more than help it. At least on the basketball side.

Do you read any of your posts after hitting reply? I mean I wouldn’t if I were you, but…
Don't recall ever saying this. "Anyone that thinks that college kids play a higher form of basketball"

Do you read any of your posts after hitting reply? I mean I wouldn’t if I were you, but…
Yeah, because all of your posts are just nice, focuses Pullitzer Prize winning literature. FU and the horse you rode in on. Must suck to be a UL fan, maybe that is why you are such a dick.

Reactions: johnboiler123
College sports will become what they should have been all along, a minor league. 3, maybe 4, super-conferences will be the end result. They’ll go about 20 teams deep each and just play each other.

Realignment already killed my soul, so there’s nothing left to kill. I’m resigned to it and mostly fine with it.

As for the NBA stuff, I enjoy watching college ball more because they’re two different games. Yeah, in the NBA you’re watching the best of the best; I don’t think anybody will argue that college kids are better than pros. You’re also watching a product that is heavily skewed to generate as much offense as possible, which gets boring to watch pretty quickly. Sitting down for a regular season game is a grueling task. Playoff NBA basketball is alright. The NBA, more so than the other pro sports, is a cross between sport and theater. College ball isn’t purely sport but it’s much closer to it.

College sports will become what they should have been all along, a minor league. 3, maybe 4, super-conferences will be the end result. They’ll go about 20 teams deep each and just play each other.

Realignment already killed my soul, so there’s nothing left to kill. I’m resigned to it and mostly fine with it.

As for the NBA stuff, I enjoy watching college ball more because they’re two different games. Yeah, in the NBA you’re watching the best of the best; I don’t think anybody will argue that college kids are better than pros. You’re also watching a product that is heavily skewed to generate as much offense as possible, which gets boring to watch pretty quickly. Sitting down for a regular season game is a grueling task. Playoff NBA basketball is alright. The NBA, more so than the other pro sports, is a cross between sport and theater. College ball isn’t purely sport but it’s much closer to it.
My point exactly. And the NBA is also turning into soccer with all the theatrics in drawing fouls.

Yeah, because all of your posts are just nice, focuses Pullitzer Prize winning literature. FU and the horse you rode in on. Must suck to be a UL fan, maybe that is why you are such a dick.
Everyone on this board knows you’re a chode. Quit projecting.

Let me refresh your memory. “They are that best athletes on. the planet but it doesn't translate into good hoops..”

That my friend, is an asinine statement. And yes, I am a U of L fan…always have been and always will be. I also don’t cry when any criticism whether it be players, program or team is mentioned in any regard. Time to grow up, Phil.

Let me refresh your memory. “They are that best athletes on. the planet but it doesn't translate into good hoops..”

That my friend, is an asinine statement. And yes, I am a U of L fan…always have been and always will be. I also don’t cry when any criticism whether it be players, program or team is mentioned in any regard. Time to grow up, Phil.
LOL @ chode. I crack up everytime.

Plus I think of Chody.

Tl6MDNAZPgBWdC3fT3g5bjRZw0On3wfidcjgV7fy79o.jpg

So what you are saying is that ALL great athletes can play basketball at a high level. Is that what you are saying. I have seen some pretty athletic players and teams play terrible basketball.

Once again, I know stupidity doesn't stop people from posting, but maybe you should take a break. You can't hang.

And I don't cry either, I have no personal equity in any sports team, but I do like to ask qualifying questions or make people justify their hypocrisy.

Now head on into the mens room so you and Pitino can do a bump and a boosters wife or you and Chris Mack can make yourselves look stupid on the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: UL_1986
So what you are saying is that ALL great athletes can play basketball at a high level. Is that what you are saying. I have seen some pretty athletic players and teams play terrible basketball.

Once again, I know stupidity doesn't stop people from posting, but maybe you should take a break. You can't hang.

And I don't cry either, I have no personal equity in any sports team, but I do like to ask qualifying questions or make people justify their hypocrisy.

Now head on into the mens room so you and Pitino can do a bump and a boosters wife or you and Chris Mack can make yourselves look stupid on the sidelines.
Sounds like a good time. @lurkeraspect84 you in?

The thing I’ve noticed about the NBA is that many people conflate ridiculous shot making and offensive skill with “no defense.”

The level of shooting skill in the NBA is absurd. The level of basketball IQ in the NBA is absurd. When you have multiple guys on the court, including 7 footers, capable of consistently pulling up from 27 feet and making it rain, it changes how you have to defend on the court. The sheer amount of space required to be defended in the NBA is just wild.

This leads casual observers to claim there is no D being played. When the reality is, good D is being played. During the playoffs, elite defense is being played. But the shot making, passing, and cutting is just that good.

The thing I’ve noticed about the NBA is that many people conflate ridiculous shot making and offensive skill with “no defense.”

The level of shooting skill in the NBA is absurd. The level of basketball IQ in the NBA is absurd. When you have multiple guys on the court, including 7 footers, capable of consistently pulling up from 27 feet and making it rain, it changes how you have to defend on the court. The sheer amount of space required to be defended in the NBA is just wild.

This leads casual observers to claim there is no D being played. When the reality is, good D is being played. During the playoffs, elite defense is being played. But the shot making, passing, and cutting is just that good.

NBA defenders are incredible. NBA rules are designed so defenders are trying to hit a piñata while standing on ice with an arm behind their back and a pool noodle to swing. Oh and the piñata hits back.

That’s my beef

I don't disagree with your comments @GE Nole , but there are certainly games where players do not try as hard or key players do not even play(resting to due season length). Which can make regular season games not as interesting.

Good defense, with the exception of a few teams or players, is non existent in the regular season. It’s absolutely there in the playoffs, but don’t kid yourselves. James Harden says hello.

Granted I don’t watch a ton of NBA until the postseason. But any time I turn on a big game on Christmas or something, I see much more of the above than most teams or individuals giving A effort.

We can also give them the benefit of the doubt that they play 82 games a year and it would be almost impossible to play both ends at 100 percent each and every game.

Reactions: GE Nole
As far as watching a random basketball game. Yes, I am much more likely to stop on an NBA game involving two random teams than I am a random college game. My view is based on interest as a whole. I don't care to keep up with the NBA because I don't have the desire to. Gradually, I am losing interest in college BB as well. Having a new coach will add to the intrigue, but not sure it will make up for everything else that is diluting college basketball. I have definitely become more into NFL football over NCAAB over the past few years. And then covid really helped that trend.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT