ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC/B1G Challenge pairings are out

The MSU @ Virginia game will be a good one, but scoring will be at a minimum.
Yeah, watching a UVA game makes you want to walk away from the screen, but then they bring you back at the end with a tight finish just about every time.
MSU likes to score and rebound and it'll he Hauser v Hauser, so it should be a really good watch.

The biggest shaft of all the pairings is Georgia Tech against Nebraska. GT finished 5th in the ACC last season, return their top 3 scorers (and 5 of the top 6), and bring in a pair of transfers, too. Nebraska finished dead last in the Big Ten, with a conference record of 2-18. No way should Georgia Tech be matched up against Nebraska.

MSU had had success against UVA under Bennet. We upset them twice in the tournament.

Tell me about UNC, their fans seem to be absent.

Top 5 recruiting class coming in. 2 returning starters in PF Garrison Brooks and SF Leaky Black. Roy will play his traditional 2 big lineup with Armando Bacot and Brooks with F centers Day'ron Sharpe and Walker Kessler backing up those two. Caleb Love is a possibly 1 and done PG and backing him up is RJ Davis, another frosh who can score. All in all the small ball days are over and I expect us to be in the top tier of the ACC.

Last edited:
Reactions: shun1 and CO_hawk
@buckymel

Looking forward to this matchup. Can you brief me on your all’s squad this year?
We have a senior-laden team.

Starting lineup looks like (all seniors):
D'Mitrik Trice
Brad Davison
Aleem Ford
Nate Reuvers
Micah Potter

There isn't a Kaminsky or Dekker type of talent, but everyone can light up on any given night, as they have shown in the past season. I expect all five guys to average 10 points a game, or very close to it. Nate Reuvers is the main scoring option. Potter has been magical since his transfer to our team from OSU.

The first guy off bench is sophomore F Tyler Wahl. Based on what I read on Buckyville, our staff is expecting him to make a major improvement.

We usually play a 7-men rotation. The two freshmen expected to get some minutes are F Carlson and one of the Davis twins at guard (I forgot which one).

I don't really know much about your team, so I don't really know what to expect from our game.

Reactions: UL_1986
Illinois @ Duke
Louisville @ Wisky
Purdue @ Miami
UNC @ Iowa
Pitt @ Northwestern
Syracuse @ Rutgers
NCSU @ Michigan
MSU @ Virginia
IU @ FSU

Yes please

Reactions: Jaycg15
Still not going to class, giving unearned grades and still own the biggest academic and athletic scandal in NCAA history to their credit.

And you're still a clown, a fairy with no purpose. Still got that UNC fever, hard to kick huh? Winking

We have a senior-laden team.

Starting lineup looks like (all seniors):
D'Mitrik Trice
Brad Davison
Aleem Ford
Nate Reuvers
Micah Potter

There isn't a Kaminsky or Dekker type of talent, but everyone can light up on any given night, as they have shown in the past season. I expect all five guys to average 10 points a game, or very close to it. Nate Reuvers is the main scoring option. Potter has been magical since his transfer to our team from OSU.

The first guy off bench is sophomore F Tyler Wahl. Based on what I read on Buckyville, our staff is expecting him to make a major improvement.

We usually play a 7-men rotation. The two freshmen expected to get some minutes are F Carlson and one of the Davis twins at guard (I forgot which one).

I don't really know much about your team, so I don't really know what to expect from our game.

We don’t really know what to expect either lol.

David Johnson, Samuel Williamson, and Malik Williams are the only people we bring back that contributed last year. Add in grad transfers carlik Jones from radford and Charles mineland from SF.

Johnson and Williamson are only sophs but we are gonna need them to step up offensively as well as Jones. We have question marks at the 4. RSFR Jalyn Withers is the trendy name to emerge in that battle. But also wouldn’t be surprised to see Williamson play some 4 with johnson Jones and mineland. Small ball.

Our incoming freshmen are likely to not factor into the rotation and our returning sophomores sans dj and Sam will also be depended upon heavily for bench depth. Guys like Josh Nickelberry, Aiden Igehon, and Quinn Slasinski have hopefully had good off seasons and are ready to play their role.

Reactions: buckymel
ADVERTISEMENT