ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech vs Kansas

Oh man. Today was fantastic. The crowd was into it and Jayhawks represented. Got nervous towards the end. The fans there were great, knew their team well. Kept calling Devonte #4. Lol. They showed respect. Good stuff. I’m pretty drunk. Rock Chalk.

It was one of those rare games where I hated seeing either team lose. Obviously I wanted KU to what they needed to do to clinch at least a tie for the conference title. Today was like watching a heavyweight title fight. Both teams continued to go right at one another time and time again. Graham did his best Frank Mason impression which worked like a charm. He willed KU to the win today. What I particularly like was how KU stopped being an exclusive jump shooting team. Late in the game Graham and Svi driving to the bucket opened the floor back up like they did early in the 1st half.

Hey drunkie, I said your FOOTBALL program is about equal to FSUs BASKETBALL program.

giphy.gif

Reactions: GE Nole
I have no clue about KSU's basketball history, and I couldn't possibly care less.

I just know we stole their coach and they're our little bitch in the Big 12.

Eh, I don't know any K-State fans that care about losing Huggins. They're still a little salty about Martin though.

Reactions: KisteK
Eh, I don't know any K-State fans that care about losing Huggins. They're still a little salty about Martin though.

Now I know you're outta your mind. And I dont blame them. They took a chance on him after the Cincy fiasco. He resurrected their program in 1 year and then thew up the deuces.

Take a visit to youtube and type in huggins kansas state.

Or watch a WVU game at K-State.

They never got over it.

It was one of those rare games where I hated seeing either team lose. Obviously I wanted KU to what they needed to do to clinch at least a tie for the conference title. Today was like watching a heavyweight title fight. Both teams continued to go right at one another time and time again. Graham did his best Frank Mason impression which worked like a charm. He willed KU to the win today. What I particularly like was how KU stopped being an exclusive jump shooting team. Late in the game Graham and Svi driving to the bucket opened the floor back up like they did early in the 1st half.

I'm pretty high on this team actually. They're coming together nicely. Although if this team is going to make a run, I think they're going to need to get some quality minutes from De Sousa. Bill needs to get him on the court.

Lightfoot gets physically manhandled by almost everyone he guards and he's a liability on the glass.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Now I know you're outta your mind. And I dont blame them. They took a chance on him after the Cincy fiasco. He resurrected their program in 1 year and then thew up the deuces.

They never got over it.

Intended exaggeration. Kinda like arguing that Uconn is superior to KU.

But I'll bet a lot of them would take Martin given the choice.

I'm pretty high on this team actually. They're coming together nicely. Although if this team is going to make a run, I think they're going to need to get some quality minutes from De Sousa. Bill needs to get him on the court.

Lightfoot gets physically manhandled by almost everyone he guards and he's a liability on the glass.

KU's effort on the glass has been better. It's not definitely not what we're used to seeing but I'll take improvement over anything else at this point. Lightfoot's development has been a major lift and working DeSousa into the fold has been a big deal because he's given Dok a chance to grab a decent breather on the bench. As far as DeSousa is concerned, this is a kid who is just 2 months removed from playing high school basketball. What he has had to learn in such a short amount of time is lot but he's also handling it extremely well. Svi and Graham seem to be getting stronger as we near conference tourney time. What scares me are the inconsistencies but then again, KU is showing more growth as a whole than regression. Looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out.

Intended exaggeration. Kinda like arguing that Uconn is superior to KU.

But I'll bet a lot of them would take Martin given the choice.

Again, out of your mind.

There would be no Frank Martin without Huggs.

They changed the name of the town to Huggieville for fvck's sake.

Again, out of your mind.

There would be no Frank Martin without Huggs.

They changed the name of the town to Huggieville for fvck's sake.

Of course they were pissed when he left after one year.

So what if there'd be no Frank Martin without Huggins? Doesn't mean they'd prefer Huggins over Martin. They loved Martin. Coaching style, personality, recruiting, everything. And now they've seen him do the impossible by getting South Carolina to the final four.

Im done being salty and trolling. Takes too much energy. I didn't even see the 2nd half of the WVU game. Was too busy bullshitting on here.

Congrats on 14 straight KU fans. A seriously amazing accomplishment.

Hope to see you in KC.

Of course they were pissed when he left after one year.

So what if there'd be no Frank Martin without Huggins? Doesn't mean they'd prefer Huggins over Martin. They loved Martin. Coaching style, personality, recruiting, everything. And now they've seen him do the impossible by getting South Carolina to the final four.

He's a Huggs wanna-be. Everything about his style he got from Huggs. And pretty decent chance he's the next coach at WVU if Huggs wants him to be. We'll see....

Like I said in my last post... done trolling. Congrats on 14 straight.

Reactions: npreston
Im done being salty and trolling. Takes too much energy. I didn't even see the 2nd half of the WVU game. Was too busy bullshitting on here.

Congrats on 14 straight KU fans. A seriously amazing accomplishment.

Hope to see you in KC.
Good. It didn’t suit you well. I like the old you much better. Looking forward to his return.

Thanks for the congrats. It’s a huge accomplishment, especially considering this is Self’s worst team in a very long time. I’m sure we’ll see each other again this year. Looking forward to the rematch.

Reactions: RockChalkRally

They never got over it.

The Staters that I talk hoops with care far more about Martin than Huggins. Going home doesn't usually piss a ton of fans off..

Just a hugely popular opinion 'round here, anyway.
I live an hour from The Little Apple.

While scrolling through this litany and reading almost all the comments one thing stands out, and that is WVU has never lost a basketball game through their own fault. They find it much easier to cast aspersions. True, we are a basketball school. We have had some good success in football in different eras but nothing consistent. But we do sell out every game for basketball no matter who we play. The fans are rabid and knowledgeable. We are truly a historic basketball program. For the last four years I have enjoyed the guard play of WVU. Carter has been an extremely good college guard. But KU basketball is a religion just as football in Texas and Alabama is a religion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT