ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech vs Kansas

Not willing. I’d rather the football program was better. But I’d rather excel in one thing than be middle of the pack in everything else.

Is one NC in my lifetime worth being a joke at everything else?

Maybe? Maybe not? I haven't experienced a NC in any sport that matters. So I cant answer.

This is a basketball board, so it's all that matters. Advantage: KU

Once in your lifetime... has to feel good.

Still dont think I'd be willing to be a doormat in football for eternity for that one moment.

Watching KU football is a bitch to watch especially since they are a national dumpster fire. Do you have any idea of people in Kansas saying things like "well I'm a KU fan during basketball season and nothing but a KSU fan during football"? It's effing embarrassing and there are plenty who do it. IMO it is without a shadow of a doubt a miserable existence for a so-called collegiate sports fan. Similar to going to games at AFH, I still make it to Lawrence to watch KU football in person. It's not pretty in the least. When you watch the level of play from KU while at the game, it becomes perfectly clear why Memorial Stadium is a literal cemetery during football season. For better or worse I stick with KU with football the same I do during basketball.

Watching KU football is a bitch to watch especially since they are a national dumpster fire. Do you have any idea of people in Kansas saying things like "well I'm a KU fan during basketball season and nothing but a KSU fan during football"? It's effing embarrassing and there are plenty who do it. IMO it is without a shadow of a doubt a miserable existence for a so-called collegiate sports fan. Similar to going to games at AFH, I still make it to Lawrence to watch KU football in person. It's not pretty in the least. When you watch the level of play from KU while at the game, it becomes perfectly clear why Memorial Stadium is a literal cemetery during football season. For better or worse I stick with KU with football the same I do during basketball.

There are KU fans who root for KSU in football?

There are KU fans who root for KSU in football?

Believe it or not...yes. It cracks me up. In the fall teacher and students at the school I work at sport various items of KSU gear. When basketball season rolls around the purple is traded in for crimson and blue gear. I also do not consider these folks fans either. I refer to them as casual observers of life. The percentage of these people splitting their loyalty is probably estimated around 60%....talk about sad.

Reactions: doogie503
There are Kansans who have no collegiate affiliation who do that. They aren’t really KU fans or KSU fans. They are fans of state teams. They’ll even cheer for WSU

When WSU knocked us out of the tournament a few years back, the next day there were a ridiculous amount of folks in my town who traded KSU clothing for WSU clothing. I would say fans of state teams seems rather accurate.

Believe it or not...yes. It cracks me up. In the fall teacher and students at the school I work at sport various items of KSU gear. When basketball season rolls around the purple is traded in for crimson and blue gear. I also do not consider these folks fans either. I refer to them as casual observers of life. The percentage of these people splitting their loyalty is probably estimated around 60%....talk about sad.

Wow. That's crazy.

Thought you all hated each other.

Graham was stupid hot form the field tonight. I thought Tech outplayed KU in every facet of the game except for 3 point shooting. Thought both teams played one of their best games. We just couldn't make a shot to take the lead

I think it would be more accurate to say that KU outplayed Tech in every facet but offensive rebounds. They got virtually anything they wanted for a majority of the game.

But if Tech were 100%, it may have been a different story.

Probably not since the start of Press Virginia. What's the point? He'd have to have doubled Ayton's 100k to land him.

And we've still won more and have the same number of final fours as Arizona the last couple decades

Beat them head to head in the tourney too

How much do u have to pay kids to live in a corn field?

And we've still won more and have more final fours than Arizona the last couple decades

No idea. Ask Huggins?

And we've still won more and have more final fours than Arizona the last couple decades

Yeah, but(and this is no knock on WVU) have you seen Arizona? Not only is it a great party school, but the COEDS....

Reactions: jayhawker332
I think it would be more accurate to say that KU outplayed Tech in every facet but offensive rebounds. They got virtually anything they wanted for a majority of the game.

But if Tech were 100%, it may have been a different story.
I was probably a little harsh in saying we won every other battle. Thought Tech got better shots throughout the game but KU shot better throughout the game. Don't mean to discredit Kansas.

Hey Mike and Bill....come on over to the middle of nowhere w/ me to play for this team that you've probably never seen before and hasn't made the tourney for 10 or 15 years. What do ya say??

If you are gonna make fun of Lawrence and say it’s nothing but a bunch of corn fields, that just shows you know nothing about Lawrence or what it’s like. It would be like me saying WVU is where redneck mountain folk live.

Reactions: KisteK
I was probably a little harsh in saying we won every other battle. Thought Tech got better shots throughout the game but KU shot better throughout the game. Don't mean to discredit Kansas.
No offense taken. I’d say though that KU got better shots in the 1st half and TT got better shots in the second. Tech played better D and KU took better control of the ball. At the end of the day though 3 pointers are worth more than 2 pointers. I’d rather not play you guys again in the tourney.

Reactions: ehartin
If you are gonna make fun of Lawrence and say it’s nothing but a bunch of corn fields, that just shows you know nothing about Lawrence or what it’s like. It would be like me saying WVU is where redneck mountain folk live.

n-MOUNTAINMENCLEAN-628x314.jpg

Which of these is doogie?

No offense taken. I’d say though that KU got better shots in the 1st half and TT got better shots in the second. Tech played better D and KU took better control of the ball. At the end of the day though 3 pointers are worth more than 2 pointers. I’d rather not play you guys again in the tourney.
I don't want to play y'all as well. I think as long as Tech gets a 6 seed then we can make a sweet 16 run. Still bitter about Graham making that 3 and that layup. He was making shot Keenan Evans has made all year. He's a special player

Is one NC in my lifetime worth being a joke at everything else?

Maybe? Maybe not? I haven't experienced a NC in any sport that matters. So I cant answer.

This is a basketball board, so it's all that matters. Advantage: KU

Still spewing inaccuracies. KU has team championships in Basketball, XC, Indoor and Outdoor Track (men and women). KU has also been to the FF in women's volleyball in the last three years.

So outside of football and rifle team I'd say your argument is garbage. KU has a mich more storied AD than WVU. Much more.

Still spewing inaccuracies. KU has team championships in Basketball, XC, Indoor and Outdoor Track (men and women). KU has also been to the FF in women's volleyball in the last three years.

So outside of football and rifle team I'd say your argument is garbage. KU has a mich more storied AD than WVU. Much more.

Even though we have the #1 rifle team, a top 5 womens soccer team, a top 25 womens basketball team, a top 25 baseball team (i think), etc...

Football and basketball is all that matters, and combined... there aren't many better than WVU.

Before I even google it I'd say it's

Florida
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
WVU
Notre Dame

We're in the top 10 combined...

After I google it i see it's not just my opinion...

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/arti...-college-football-and-basketball-success-last

Last edited:
Even though we have the #1 rifle team, a top 5 womens soccer team, a top 25 womens basketball team, a top 25 baseball team (i think), etc...

Football and basketball is all that matters, and combined... there aren't many better than WVU.

Florida
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
WVU
Notre Dame

https://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/arti...-college-football-and-basketball-success-last

Ehh. When you’re combining the success of two sports, that means both sports’ success counts.

Duke has 5 titles in basketball and zero in football. That’s 5 more than West Virginia has in those two sports combined.

FSU has 3 in football. Again, that’s 3 more than WVU has in the two sports combined (and FSU has a championship game appearance in hoops too).

Florida
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
WVU
Notre Dame

You should lead with your arbitrary criteria next time so we don't have to deal with you moving the goalposts to make your argument fit your narrative. Natties > no natties any day. KU AD shits on WVU. 10 is waaaaay more than 1 bruh. It isn't even debatable.

You should lead with your arbitrary criteria next time so we don't have to deal with you moving the goalposts to make your argument fit your narrative. Natties > no natties any day. KU AD shits on WVU. 10 is waaaaay more than 1 bruh. It isn't even debatable.

I didnt write the article....

youre relevant in one major sport

we're relevant in both

Ehh. When you’re combining the success of two sports, that means both sports’ success counts.

Duke has 5 titles in basketball and zero in football. That’s 5 more than West Virginia has in those two sports combined.

FSU has 3 in football. Again, that’s 3 more than WVU has in the two sports combined (and FSU has a championship game appearance in hoops too).

I didnt write the article... and it was past decade

fsu is irrelevant in basketball

duke is irrelevant in football

wvu isnt the best in either, but relevant in both. same with oregon, ND, etc.

Florida
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
WVU
Notre Dame

I'm so friggin' jealous...

I didnt write the article....

Keep moving them posts mane. KU has a Natty and 10 conference titles in your arbitrary time frame. You made the combining results rules, not me...

We still win.

Just wondering what we are calling relevant in each sport?

In football are you relevant if you are a constant Bowl Team? Or are you only relevant if you are a consistent NC contender?

In basketball are you relevant if you are a constant tournament team? Or are you only relevant if you are a consistent F4 contender?

wvu isnt the best in either, but ENTIRELY AVERAGE in both. same with oregon, ND, etc.

Fixed. What you're arguing is you're more interested in mediocrity than excellence. Good for you. You've succeeded.

Honestly, even looking at the article (which was sort of vague) I’m not sure how FSU isn’t ahead of at least Cinci (by your definition, irrelevant in football).

Equal or better win percentage. More BCS/Playoff/final four appearances. Better post season win percentage. More all Americans. More national titles.

Honestly, FSU is probably better than WVU in all those categories too in that time frame.

Honestly, even looking at the article (which was sort of vague) I’m not sure how FSU isn’t ahead of at least Cinci (by your definition, irrelevant in football).

Equal or better win percentage. More BCS/Playoff/final four appearances. Better post season win percentage. More all Americans. More national titles.

Honestly, FSU is probably better than WVU in all those categories too in that time frame.

FSU has 5 ncaa tourney apperances and 1 sweet 16 the last 25 years....

Legit in football though.

Articles like this are to make slightly above average teams (when combined) feel better for being only slightly above average at whatever arbitrary time frame they cherry picked.

Just wondering what we are calling relevant in each sport?

In football are you relevant if you are a constant Bowl Team? Or are you only relevant if you are a consistent NC contender?

In basketball are you relevant if you are a constant tournament team? Or are you only relevant if you are a consistent F4 contender?

Was wondering the same thing. Not sure how West Virginia is much/any more relevant in football than FSU is in basketball. Both are solid programs that hang around the top 25, sometimes very good, sometimes not as good.

FSU has 5 ncaa tourney apperances and 1 sweet 16 the last 25 years....

Legit in football though.

Thought you said it was last 10? Which is it?

Because in the last 10, FSU has 5 NCAA appearances, 1 sweet 16, and 1 ACC Title.

(Also, if you’re going by last 25 you’re missing two more NCAA appearances and an elite 8).

Fixed. What you're arguing is you're more interested in mediocrity than excellence. Good for you. You've succeeded.

Whatever...

Kansas is the red headed step child blue blood in basketball and completely and totally irrelevant in football.

Im done talking about other sports on this board.

Congrats on 14 straight.

Side note... how is KU still a blue blood when programs like UConn have more titles than you?

Articles like this are to make slightly above average teams (when combined) feel better for being only slightly above average at whatever arbitrary time frame they cherry picked.

Definitely agree and get that. But what I don’t get is that FSU outperforms a couple of those teams in those exact categories.

Whatever...

Kansas is the red headed step child blue blood in basketball and completely and totally irrelevant in football.

Im dont talking about other sports on this board.

Congrats on 14 straight.

Side note... how is KU still a blue blood when programs like UConn have more titles than you?

You know why, you're just mad you're losing so you're chasing your tail and changing the subject/moving the goalposts again.

You know why, you're just mad you're losing so you're chasing your tail and changing the subject/moving the goalposts again.

Fair enough...

So back to my question. You're telling me it's all about championships. So Uconn is better than Kansas? Correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT